• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Players you've always wanted on the Wings

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Rolston in his prime, Chara, Jovonoski, Willie Mitchell, Shane Doan, and of course Getzlaf. I always liked Deadmarsh in his prime and all of the young Flyer bunch too.

I thought the OP was looking for more middle of the lineup guys. There's a lot of all stars being named.

My choice would be Mike Grier, especially in his prime. Local boy and an absolute heart and soul guy, enough skill to fit in well here, and a deep enough team around him to hide his flaws.

John Erskine. This is what I'd like to see:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves

Winchester-Helm-Boll

Yandle-Gleason

Stuart-Kronwall

Erskine-B.Smith

Following Lidstrom, Modano, and Draper's retirements after this year, that's what I'd like to see. Get rid of an aging Rafalski and trade Hudler.

Hasek in his prime would have been a dream for me.

The year of the draft lottery I was REALLY hoping the Wings would get the first pick and take Crosby. Some other players I would take right now would be Chris Pronger, Ryan Miller, Shane Doan, Alexander Frolov, I would love to have locked Hossa up long term, and of course Drew Doughtery would be an AWESOME addition. I thought realisticly Maxim Afinegenov would have been an interesting addtion this year or last.

i wonder how many more people that don't already would consider Hasek the best goalie ever if he was on the wings in his prime and won like 3 or 4 cups in a row here

honestly i think it would be pretty much uncontested(i already consider him the best personally though)

anyways a couple on my list that haven't been mentioned:

St. Louis(surprised he hasn't been mentioned actually),Kopitar(would be kinda neat when Mursak makes it to the nhl to have both of the only two Slovanian nhl players ever),Markov

along with a few others that already have been(Pronger,Avery,Hossa,Gagne etc)

Edited by ricky0034

I also secretly hoped for Crosby in the lottery year.

Though I have to think he would have benefited from a more veteran team like Detroit and not come across as so whiney/douchey. Who knows?

Forsberg. Even out of his prime.

Fischer. Imagine his ginormousness still patrolling the ice.

Doughty or Weber. To replace Nick.

Almost anyone who shoots like Hull or Shanahan.

Ty Conklin. (The realest of all real backups :P)

I always wanted to see Rob Blake in the Winged Wheel.

Like a lot of other people have already said, I'd like to see Ryan Miller, Kesler, Bobby Ryan, and Hossa still on the team. There are others, but it's 8:16. I'll remember them later.

Duncan Keith would be awesome, too.

Edited by Travis

I gotta go with the audience on this one, Kessler would be a nice fit.

I always wanted to see Selanne here during his prime, as well as Chara. To go back a few years, Al MacInnis would have been freaking awesome to have on the Wings.

Like a lot of people have said in this thread I think Kesler would be the perfect 2nd line center on this team.

Shayne Corson or Gary Roberts both would have been nice in their prime. I would take Mike Richards over almost anyone in the NHL. Getzlaf is another guy that I would take over almost anyone.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Shea Weber, Ryan Getzlaf, Alex Ovechkin, Jordan Staal, Evgeni Malkin, Drew Doughty, Nicklas Backstrom, Jarome Iginla, Ryan Miller, Henrik Lundqvist, Martin Brodeur, Ryan Kesler, Brenden Morrow, Mike Richards, Eric Staal, Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, to name a few. There are many others as well.