• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukPwnz13

3 vs 3

Rate this topic

Me and my roommate were sitting outside before class today and got to talking about the Red Wings, like we always do. We started talking about who could beat the Wings in a 3 vs 3 game. The Wings team obviously being Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom.

We went through most of the league and could not think of another team that could stand up against us.

The Pens would be Malkin, Crosby, then either Letang or Orpik. That team wouldn't stand a chance against the Wings.

I think only the Blackhawks would really put up a fight with Toews, Hossa, and Keith.

Thoughts?

It depends. If we are motivated Dats-Zetter-Lids would win againts any "Crosbys". If not, and taking into account that 3 on 3 most likely to happen during the regular season, we are going to lose.

With the parity in the league, there aren't any teams that couldn't ice one hell of a 3-man unit that could compete with any other 3-man unit in the league... the part that would separate teams would be 3-man unit #2 and #3

Detroit's (lines are arbitrary, this is just to prove a point)

1 - Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Lidstrom

2 - Franzen-Filppula-Rafalski

3 - Bertuzzi-Hudler-Kronwall

that's where I'd like our chances...

Guest mjtm77

Washington Ovi Backstrom Green

Pitsburg Malkin Crosby Martin

Chicago Hossa/Toews Kane Kieth

New Jersey Kovalchuk Parise Greene

Vancouver Sedin Sedin Ehrhoff

They would all be a tough match and imo the wings would probably loose to these teams

Guest mjtm77

Well if you would tell me to build up a 3 player line from the NHL:

Backstrom - Hossa - Lidstrom

Dont see how Lids is there he is not the best Defenceman in the NHL anymore

Id go Ovi - Crosby - Kieth/Pronger/Chara/Doughty anyone of them on defence would do

Guest mjtm77

How is he not the best defenceman in the NHL?

Getting older and with that we are seeing more mistakes and bad turnovers. Lids may be top 3 in the league still. Heck he could even compete for the best defencemen this year but, saying he is clear cut number one defencemen in the NHL is being a bit of a homer.

I think our top 3 of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom would provide a formidable challenge for any team, it's dumb to assume our top 3 is better than a lot of the top 3's out there.

I will argue that our top 3 is better "Defensively" than just about any top three in the league, but there's a lot of firepower in the NHL right now.

We'd break even in 3vs3 hockey. We wouldn't do poorly, but we certainly wouldn't win all the time.