• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingcapt

Kenneth Rucker, a.k.a. "Orange Hat Guy", passed away

Rate this topic

Just as anytime something special is done for someone that dies, I wished they would have honored him like that while he was still alive to enjoy it. I don't think we show the people who are still with us how much we appreciate them as much as we do once they pass. Think about funerals, all the wonderful things people have to say about someone that's just passed. I always think to myself, I wish that person was right here so they could hear how much people loved them. (Even though you may believe they are there and can hear it). I think more tributes should be done for people that are still around.

well spiritually they are there to enjoy it, that is if you believe that kind of stuff. when i die im gonna chill at the joe or where ever the wings are. all the enjoyment without the $60 ticket.

Just as anytime something special is done for someone that dies, I wished they would have honored him like that while he was still alive to enjoy it. I don't think we show the people who are still with us how much we appreciate them as much as we do once they pass. Think about funerals, all the wonderful things people have to say about someone that's just passed. I always think to myself, I wish that person was right here so they could hear how much people loved them. (Even though you may believe they are there and can hear it). I think more tributes should be done for people that are still around.

It's like the saying goes. "You never know what you have until you've lost it". It's human nature to take great people for granted. That's why we feel so sad and mourn their death.

I'm pretty sure the organization did stuff for him while he was alive. He knew what he meant to a lot of people around The Joe.

I liked him far more than Mo cheese. I always respected a guy who just sits there and watches the damn game instead of being an attention seeking fool. He wore the hat because of his background in the Auto industry and not because of his desire to be on Joe vision. I have been to over a hundred games in my lifetime and I always saw him with his eyes on the ice. I feel he should be honored for that and am not looking forward to his seats falling to another one of the people who would rather drink beer and jump up and down in front of a camera while there is perfectly good hockey to watch.

I wonder if his seat will cost extra money, when it is available?

Would it be honoring, or cheesy/disrespectful if whoever buys season tickets to that seat wore an orange hat?

I'm sure it will be a season ticket seat.

Thoughts?

I think they should do a documentary on the Detroit Legends. The knitting lady, orange hat guy, etc. Would probably be popular in Michigan.

I liked him far more than Mo cheese. I always respected a guy who just sits there and watches the damn game instead of being an attention seeking fool. He wore the hat because of his background in the Auto industry and not because of his desire to be on Joe vision. I have been to over a hundred games in my lifetime and I always saw him with his eyes on the ice. I feel he should be honored for that and am not looking forward to his seats falling to another one of the people who would rather drink beer and jump up and down in front of a camera while there is perfectly good hockey to watch.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I've met Mo Cheese before and got his autograph, he was a nice guy. Didn't seem like an attention ***** to me.

Why?

The wings gave him 2 free standing room tickets. There towards the end the end of 2008 he would always show up drunk. He and his friend became obnoxious with the other fans. Many of them complained. So the wings stopped providing him with the free tickets. If you see him, it will be on his own dollar, not the wings.