64 replies to this topic

#61 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Haven't seen him at the Joe in a good season or two

I seen him atleast 4 times last season. I don't get people hatred toward the guy. He adds excitement just as much as orange hat guy or knitting lady did.

RIP Orange Hat guy.

#62 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

I liked him far more than Mo cheese. I always respected a guy who just sits there and watches the damn game instead of being an attention seeking fool. He wore the hat because of his background in the Auto industry and not because of his desire to be on Joe vision. I have been to over a hundred games in my lifetime and I always saw him with his eyes on the ice. I feel he should be honored for that and am not looking forward to his seats falling to another one of the people who would rather drink beer and jump up and down in front of a camera while there is perfectly good hockey to watch.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#63 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

I wonder if his seat will cost extra money, when it is available?

Would it be honoring, or cheesy/disrespectful if whoever buys season tickets to that seat wore an orange hat?

I'm sure it will be a season ticket seat.

Thoughts?

I think they should do a documentary on the Detroit Legends. The knitting lady, orange hat guy, etc. Would probably be popular in Michigan.

#64 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

I liked him far more than Mo cheese. I always respected a guy who just sits there and watches the damn game instead of being an attention seeking fool. He wore the hat because of his background in the Auto industry and not because of his desire to be on Joe vision. I have been to over a hundred games in my lifetime and I always saw him with his eyes on the ice. I feel he should be honored for that and am not looking forward to his seats falling to another one of the people who would rather drink beer and jump up and down in front of a camera while there is perfectly good hockey to watch.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I've met Mo Cheese before and got his autograph, he was a nice guy. Didn't seem like an attention ***** to me.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#65 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

Why?

The wings gave him 2 free standing room tickets. There towards the end the end of 2008 he would always show up drunk. He and his friend became obnoxious with the other fans. Many of them complained. So the wings stopped providing him with the free tickets. If you see him, it will be on his own dollar, not the wings.