No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

Ducks new jersey

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

its certainly not bad

but its also not that great either...could be sooo much better <_<

sooo...how many more teams are left to unveil 3rd jerseys? just columbus?

**cough NHL 11 3rd Jersey Code cough cough** :hehe:

Every team in the league except the Detroit Red Wings and the New Jersey Devils have introduced a third jersey at one point since the program began. However, Detroit used a "throwback" jersey for the 2009 Winter Classic (which was used again against the Chicago Blackhawks on April 11, 2009) and New Jersey used "throwback" Green and Red Jerseys against the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 17, 2010, including a replica helmet worn by goaltender Martin Brodeur that was made to look like the original helmet he wore in his first game with NJ back in 1992.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_jersey

I think the reason they can't use their original logo is because Disney owns it. When they sold the team, they kept the rights to the name and logo, hence why they're just the Ducks now.

As for the new jersey, it looks like the Ducks' and Flyers' jerseys hooked up after a night of drinking, and this was the result...

But the shoulder patch on the new jerseys is a modified version of their original logo, so they're actually still using it. It does seem like they're trying to distance themselves from Disney and the movie, though, whether they have to or not (although I myself like the green mock-up a couple posts back that looks more like the ones in the movie).

Agree about the Flyers hookup...it looks like Son of Pumpkinhead or something...

That isn't true. The team was bought therefore the rights to that logo were also bought.

The only reason they changed everything was to create a new identity and because the majority of Ducks fans wanted a change.

Perhaps they bought the rights back at a later date, since some of the posters here have said that the shoulder patch has the old logo on it.

I got my info from http://www.nhluniforms.com/, if you click on the Ducks page, it states that the team lost rights to the name and logo when Disney sold the team which prompted the change.

Perhaps they bought the rights back at a later date, since some of the posters here have said that the shoulder patch has the old logo on it.

I got my info from http://www.nhluniforms.com/, if you click on the Ducks page, it states that the team lost rights to the name and logo when Disney sold the team which prompted the change.

It states that Disney lost the rights.

"When Disney sold the team, it lost the rights to the name Mighty Ducks"

Considering it was a common misconception, it doesn't surprise me the creator of that site made the gaffe.

It states that Disney lost the rights.

"When Disney sold the team, it lost the rights to the name Mighty Ducks"

Considering it was a common misconception, it doesn't surprise me the creator of that site made the gaffe.

Gotcha. Learn something new every day!