• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockeygods

Rypien suspended 6 games

Rate this topic

That was Sullivan, not Keith.

No it wasn't...

The guy's face after he gets grabbed is priceless. I bet he had to check his pants...

From the look of how big a ****** that guy seems to have, I'm fairly sure doing what Carey Price did, would have worked just as well besides assaulting the guy.

Brad Stuart disagrees with Rypien

“I’m assuming the fan probably said something, but that’s something you can’t do,” said Stuart, who saw the video of the incident. “In the heat of the moment, sometimes you lose control, but as professionals, we’ve got to know where that line is and not go over it regardless of what somebody might say.

“It’s easier said than done, but it’s something you’ve got to be prepared to do."

I can pretty much guarantee with absolute certainty that if this really happened to you or your teenage son, you'd be singing a different tune.

If this happened to MY son while we were attending? I'd either be in jail right now or the hospital! Let some adult lay his hands on my son! I'd take a bullet to save my kids and Heaven forbid a NHL player thinks just because he is mad he could grab my kid and shake him around? I'd of jumped right over that rail a tried my best to beat this guy down! Then he along with the team/owner/security/arena/city would be sued with the largest lawsuit they have ever seen! There isn't a jury in North America that would convict ME for defending my son from a cracked up, juiced up piece of s*** hockey player. As soon as that player crossed the imaginary line into MY or my sons personal space, I have the right to defend it. I probably would have gotten the worse beat down of my life, but I already said, nothing, not even death, is too much defending my sons... I hope this guy gets 10 games and gets sued.

If this happened to MY son ... and gets sued.

I got two completely different responses from my parents, but I think it has something to do with my age (24).

Me: "What would youguys do if that happened to me?"

Mom: "Are you going to get me a Modano (her favorite player ever) jersey this year for my B-Day? (one week from yesterday)"

Me: "Yes, why?"

Mom: "Changes my answer. I would have just laughed at you, but sent a nasty e-mail to the Wild and NHL. But if you said no, I would have contacted [Rypien] and given him your address."

Dad: "What she said. Maybe when they (NHL) called, tried to get some tickets and a pizza coupon. If we were hurt for money I would asked my lawyers to see if we could get money, I could see why other people would sue."

I love my parents lol.

Lame that the guy is suing, but Rypien deserves a suspension. The leagus is still trying to establish itself as a major pro sport. Crap like this makes it look like professional wrestling.

The fact that ESPN decides to cover nothing but these types of incidents doesn't help..

Ya... suing is lame. Unless the organization was just unreasonable on the issue. Which I can't imagine.

I thought all tickets, on the back, waved all rights of liability that the team/arena/ticketmaster had at the event and by buying the ticket, you agreed with that. While i think it is s***ty the fan is seeking legal representation, he was way out of line in the situation. This does not mean i think that he should be taken to court (which is very easily abused in america).

Taking the idea that all rights/legal issues involving personal injury are waved once the ticket is purchased, what happens if Rypien tries to clear the puck from his zone with a slap shot that goes high, misses the net and hits someone in the first 30 rows?

I know this is different than grabbing a fan, but in one instance someone gets hurt and in the other someone gets "roughed up."

The two involved in the situation should be happy they are getting this much attention and be happy with whatever the Wild give them for being involved with that they are involved with. The fact that they are going for the money grab, to me, shows that they are just looking for the american dream lawsuit to get super rich.

I thought all tickets, on the back, waved all rights of liability that the team/arena/ticketmaster had at the event and by buying the ticket, you agreed with that. While i think it is s***ty the fan is seeking legal representation, he was way out of line in the situation. This does not mean i think that he should be taken to court (which is very easily abused in america).

Taking the idea that all rights/legal issues involving personal injury are waved once the ticket is purchased, what happens if Rypien tries to clear the puck from his zone with a slap shot that goes high, misses the net and hits someone in the first 30 rows?

I know this is different than grabbing a fan, but in one instance someone gets hurt and in the other someone gets "roughed up."

The two involved in the situation should be happy they are getting this much attention and be happy with whatever the Wild give them for being involved with that they are involved with. The fact that they are going for the money grab, to me, shows that they are just looking for the american dream lawsuit to get super rich.

The funny/sad thing in America, you can sign a waiver, releasing the event or person or whatever of every and all liabilities, and you can still sue and win.

The funny/sad thing in America, you can sign a waiver, releasing the event or person or whatever of every and all liabilities, and you can still sue and win.

thats kinda the point i'm trying to raise. Any ticketmaster ticket i've gotten has always included being hit in the face with a puck/stick/player. regardless of this, as long as this guy gets a good lawyer he will probably win because its america.

this is a classic "get rich quick" american lawsuit. its really the american dream handed out by a group of jurors.

also, sorry if my first reply does not make much sense. i had been drinking a bit when that was made. i think my general idea was made though.

Edited by acidroach420

If this happened to MY son while we were attending? I'd either be in jail right now or the hospital! Let some adult lay his hands on my son! I'd take a bullet to save my kids and Heaven forbid a NHL player thinks just because he is mad he could grab my kid and shake him around? I'd of jumped right over that rail a tried my best to beat this guy down! Then he along with the team/owner/security/arena/city would be sued with the largest lawsuit they have ever seen! There isn't a jury in North America that would convict ME for defending my son from a cracked up, juiced up piece of s*** hockey player. As soon as that player crossed the imaginary line into MY or my sons personal space, I have the right to defend it. I probably would have gotten the worse beat down of my life, but I already said, nothing, not even death, is too much defending my sons... I hope this guy gets 10 games and gets sued.

Lol, rage much?

Any way's I don't think the lawsuit would fly in Canada. To my knowledge if someone sues you here and it's thrown out or they loose. The person sued can sue the person who brought the original lawsuit against him for legal fees. Stops stupid frivolous lawsuits from happening. Having said that I would be surprised if anyone actually let the guy win. There is video of him and it's not like he was distraught.

Lol, rage much?

Any way's I don't think the lawsuit would fly in Canada. To my knowledge if someone sues you here and it's thrown out or they loose. The person sued can sue the person who brought the original lawsuit against him for legal fees. Stops stupid frivolous lawsuits from happening. Having said that I would be surprised if anyone actually let the guy win. There is video of him and it's not like he was distraught.

Ya, the lawsuit part I wrote would've probably been a bit much, considering I would been thrown in jail myself. The guy was 28 but it quite possibly still his son. I dont care if my son was 8, 28 or 48, he still my son and I would still die for him, so at the very least I would've leaped (fallen) over that rail and threw down (got my ass kicked probably) with him in defense of my son. Blood is Blood, I dont care where you live...

Guest scottj

Why is everybody so mad that he's suing? Out of all of the s***ty lawsuits in the US, this one's really not that bad. He could be in some tough times right now, hell most of us are. I'm tryin to go to u of m next year n if that happened to me you can bet your ass I would try to get a huuuuuge ******* scholarship lol.

Also, if you sue the league it will just give them even more reason to punish the lil ******* drama queen... There's absolutely no reason for players to ever touch the fans, I don't care if they're bashing their face in or flicking their nose, its not something that fans should have to worry about.

The venue and team are cleared of liability of events that occur as a normal part of the game (puck going into the crowd, foul balls in the stands at a baseball game, stuff like that.) What Rypien did isn't part of a normal hockey game, fans in the stands have no reason to believe that a player might come over and grab them.

As for the suit, this is more about punishing the player than rewarding the fan. If anything, the fan is lucky Rypien grabbed him and not someone else because they'd be benefitting from his stupidity.

Edited by ChitownWingsfan

Can't apologies be used in some places as an admission of guilt? If so, I'm guessing that's why the dude hasn't received one.

What I'm really curious about is what set Rypien off in the 1st place though. The whole thing was so far out of his usual MO. He doesn't sucker punch people, and when it's over, he's done usually. Something really got to him, and I really want to know what it was.

Can't apologies be used in some places as an admission of guilt? If so, I'm guessing that's why the dude hasn't received one.

Yes. I was involved in a car accident once that I wasn't at fault for and made the mistake of apologizing. Trying to be nice and accommodating turned into a huge headache.

The venue and team are cleared of liability of events that occur as a normal part of the game (puck going into the crowd, foul balls in the stands at a baseball game, stuff like that.) What Rypien did isn't part of a normal hockey game, fans in the stands have no reason to believe that a player might come over and grab them.

As for the suit, this is more about punishing the player than rewarding the fan. If anything, the fan is lucky Rypien grabbed him and not someone else because they'd be benefitting from his stupidity.

Again, that's not true. Read what I wrote earlier. Sucks, but what I wrote is true.

Huh? Guess what? This isn't old time hockey and the fan did nothing to Rypien. Your video gives no rise to the argument that this particular fan deserved what Rypien did to him. He didn't grab at Rypien's equipment or threw a punch at him. He was CLAPPING. Since when is clapping considered an action that deserves a 'professional' (and I use the term loosely) hockey player putting his hands on someone?

Listen dude, relax and take a deep breath. I was half joking and didn't say the things you psychotically listed to make like I was saying what he did was right.

I did however post that video to show how much things have changed and to also call out the idiots these days who immediately go, "SUE THEM!"

Got it, you condescending ******?

I've taken several business law classes, and like it or not, Konnan's right...a business simply saying "we're not liable for <whatever>" does NOT make it so. You can print it all over the ticket and have signs up around the venue, but if you get assaulted by a hockey player while you're just sitting there, then you have a slam dunk case. I'd like to think most of us wouldn't sue, but we'll likely never be in that situation. Just let him sue, they'll settle out of court.