• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

The three-part series Sherlock will be aired on PBS's Masterpiece Mystery, with the first episode starting this Sunday. I have never been a big fan of detective mysteries or the works of Sir AC Doyle. The series has already aired on the cable network channel Showcase in Canada. I watched and I thought it was great. The series brings Holmes into present day, complete with laptop computers and cell phones. The series has been picked up for a second season; they only did three episodes to begin, not knowing what was in the future. The way the third episode ends tells you that. Here's a couple of links, from PBS and Wikipedia that provide background on the series. If you have any interest, check it out. You might like it.

"I'm not a psychopath, Anderson, I'm a high-funtioning sociopath. Do your research" - Sherlock.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 21 October 2010 - 10:02 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:04 AM

The three-part series Sherlock will be aired on PBS's Masterpiece Mystery, with the first episode starting this Sunday. I have never been a big fan of detective mysteries or the works of Sir AC Doyle. The series has already aired on the cable network channel Showcase in Canada. I watched and I thought it was great. The series brings Holmes into present day, complete with laptop computers and cell phones. The series has been picked up for a second season; they only did three episodes to begin, not knowing what was in the future. The way the third episode ends tells you that. Here's a couple of links, from PBS and Wikipedia that provide background on the series. If you have any interest, check it out. You might like it.

I have seen snippets of this series and wanted to record it, so thanks for posting this. :)

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Season 2 began airing in the UK on New Year's Day. Again, there are only three episodes. PBS has announced that they will showing it this coming May. the second confrontation with Moriarty is supposed to be the first episode. I'm sure it will be great, again.

#4 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Really impressed with the first 3 episodes. Hopefully season 2 with the three new ones will be just as good.

#5 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Huh, I had no idea that PBS was showing it. I've been watching this since BBC initially aired season 1 and it's stunningly fantastic. Plus it's starring one of the most British-sounding names I've ever heard: Benedict Cumberbatch (who also has been cast as the main villain in the next Star Trek film). My wife and I have watched the first two episodes of Season 2 (probably watching episode 3 tonight) and it hasn't disappointed.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

No "Spoiler Alerts", please and thank you.

#7 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

This is a bit late, as our local PBS has already aired the first two episodes of Season Two. According to this, people definitely tuned into the return of the series. Season Two goes on sale in North America on May 22nd.

#8 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Didn't see this thread earlier, but I love this show! I've only seen The Hounds of Baskerville and The Reichenbach Fall, but both episodes were quality! Thank god they're going to do more.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#9 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

The Telegraph.

#10 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm glad to see that Martin Freeman is keeping busy and getting rich...really rich.

#11 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Just watched through the first two seasons on Netflix, the series is phenomenal. Netflix owners if you want to catch this for free, regardless if this is your "thing" or not, watch it. It's just fantastic. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#12 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Yeah just finished season 2 on netflix myself. Is there gonna be a season 3?

#13 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

In a word...yes.

#14 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Last I heard they are filming season 3 right now, it is set to come out Fall of this year. It will consist of 3 additional episodes, considering the length of the episodes, this was kind of to be expected. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

There is a lack of recent information about it, assuming it's because Watson was filming for The Hobbit but I haven't heard otherwise that it isn't still on the way.

#15 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Last I heard they are filming season 3 right now, it is set to come out Fall of this year. It will consist of 3 additional episodes, considering the length of the episodes, this was kind of to be expected. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

There is a lack of recent information about it, assuming it's because Watson was filming for The Hobbit but I haven't heard otherwise that it isn't still on the way.

Yeah, they're shooting Season 3 as we speak, and have announced a 4th season as well. Here's a pic from a couple nights ago where they shot a scene outside in Bristol:

Fee-for-use-Benedict-Cumberbatch-1785915

#16 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I know this is at "arms length", but Tom Hanks is going to be doing a biopic on the life of "The Fifth Beatle", their manager Brian Epstein. The lead role will be played by Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch. This signing comes on the heels of him being in all three instalments of The Hobbit, being rumoured to be in Star Trek Into Darkness (as Khan), playing Julian Assange in The Fifth Estate, etc., etc. etc. He's even been in an episode of The Simpsons! Well played sir, well played!

#17 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Awesome news, thanks for the info. Very excited for the 3rd season and also glad to hear there will be a 4th also. 

#18 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I know this is at "arms length", but Tom Hanks is going to be doing a biopic on the life of "The Fifth Beatle", their manager Brian Epstein. The lead role will be played by Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch. This signing comes on the heels of him being in all three instalments of The Hobbit, being rumoured to be in Star Trek Into Darkness (as Khan), playing Julian Assange in The Fifth Estate, etc., etc. etc. He's even been in an episode of The Simpsons! Well played sir, well played!

Cumberbatch as Assange? LOL THAT IS AWESOME!!! 

#19 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

This year's edition of TIFF is about to become "Cumberbatched"

#20 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Update....Mads Mikkelsen's (Hannibal) brother Lars, a star in his native Denmark, will play the Season 3 villain. You might have seen him in "Flame and Citron", or the original Danish version of "The Killing". 

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-23490297

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users