• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Sherlock - PBS's Masterpiece Mystery!

Rate this topic

The three-part series Sherlock will be aired on PBS's Masterpiece Mystery, with the first episode starting this Sunday. I have never been a big fan of detective mysteries or the works of Sir AC Doyle. The series has already aired on the cable network channel Showcase in Canada. I watched and I thought it was great. The series brings Holmes into present day, complete with laptop computers and cell phones. The series has been picked up for a second season; they only did three episodes to begin, not knowing what was in the future. The way the third episode ends tells you that. Here's a couple of links, from PBS and Wikipedia that provide background on the series. If you have any interest, check it out. You might like it.

"I'm not a psychopath, Anderson, I'm a high-funtioning sociopath. Do your research" - Sherlock.
Edited by cusimano_brothers

The three-part series Sherlock will be aired on PBS's Masterpiece Mystery, with the first episode starting this Sunday. I have never been a big fan of detective mysteries or the works of Sir AC Doyle. The series has already aired on the cable network channel Showcase in Canada. I watched and I thought it was great. The series brings Holmes into present day, complete with laptop computers and cell phones. The series has been picked up for a second season; they only did three episodes to begin, not knowing what was in the future. The way the third episode ends tells you that. Here's a couple of links, from PBS and Wikipedia that provide background on the series. If you have any interest, check it out. You might like it.

I have seen snippets of this series and wanted to record it, so thanks for posting this. :)

Huh, I had no idea that PBS was showing it. I've been watching this since BBC initially aired season 1 and it's stunningly fantastic. Plus it's starring one of the most British-sounding names I've ever heard: Benedict Cumberbatch (who also has been cast as the main villain in the next Star Trek film). My wife and I have watched the first two episodes of Season 2 (probably watching episode 3 tonight) and it hasn't disappointed.

Last I heard they are filming season 3 right now, it is set to come out Fall of this year. It will consist of 3 additional episodes, considering the length of the episodes, this was kind of to be expected. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

There is a lack of recent information about it, assuming it's because Watson was filming for The Hobbit but I haven't heard otherwise that it isn't still on the way.

Last I heard they are filming season 3 right now, it is set to come out Fall of this year. It will consist of 3 additional episodes, considering the length of the episodes, this was kind of to be expected. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

There is a lack of recent information about it, assuming it's because Watson was filming for The Hobbit but I haven't heard otherwise that it isn't still on the way.

Yeah, they're shooting Season 3 as we speak, and have announced a 4th season as well. Here's a pic from a couple nights ago where they shot a scene outside in Bristol:

Fee-for-use-Benedict-Cumberbatch-1785915

I know this is at "arms length", but Tom Hanks is going to be doing a biopic on the life of "The Fifth Beatle", their manager Brian Epstein. The lead role will be played by Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch. This signing comes on the heels of him being in all three instalments of The Hobbit, being rumoured to be in Star Trek Into Darkness (as Khan), playing Julian Assange in The Fifth Estate, etc., etc. etc. He's even been in an episode of The Simpsons! Well played sir, well played!

I know this is at "arms length", but Tom Hanks is going to be doing a biopic on the life of "The Fifth Beatle", their manager Brian Epstein. The lead role will be played by Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch. This signing comes on the heels of him being in all three instalments of The Hobbit, being rumoured to be in Star Trek Into Darkness (as Khan), playing Julian Assange in The Fifth Estate, etc., etc. etc. He's even been in an episode of The Simpsons! Well played sir, well played!

Cumberbatch as Assange? LOL THAT IS AWESOME!!!