• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Tim Thomas' new mask

Rate this topic

Who else thinks Tim Thomas' new mask is the best in the game right now? I think it looks amazing - Simple, yet complex and very well done...

maybe I'm way off on this, but I LOVE it:

timmya.jpg

Here's a link of an article with more pictures of it... they are protected from being embedded on other sites, but it has some better "color" shots and more angles - http://www.daysofyorr.com/2010-articles/october/white-is-the-new-blackgold-for-tim-thomas.html

Edited by stevkrause

I like the fact that it's largely grey tones on white, but the Bruin-head design looks prettttttyy nu metal.

the color scheme is what makes it so great in my mind, he could have done a ton of different designs and it would have looked just as great, who knows, maybe better...

I just wish that Jimmy had thought of this first... imagine the Winged wheel in gray tones on a flat white backdrop mask... how amazing would that have looked?

Edited by stevkrause

Guest CaliWingsNut

I like the design and the artwork, but I think it's a horrible choice for a helmet design.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Not bad. Not bad.

It kinda reminds me of the pads that Manny Legace had that were patterned after the net material. Although it wouldn't fool you if you had your head up and could see all the way, but those little chip shots and scrums right in front of the net... That grey on white pattern might just fool you enough to look like open net for that brief instant...

The new design is alright, I actually think it looks pretty good.

I've always noticed his mask looks a little bit different than most other NHL goalies. Is the open part cut a bit differently? I've never seen another mask that looks like it.