• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Secret

Goalie Poll @ nhl.com

Rate this topic

Where the heck is Miller?

I'd say either him, Lundqvist, or Howard. Why Howard in with those two? I don't know if he's as good, but the Wings org builds winners.

Luongo, nope. Several goalies I take over him. Brodeur? Too old to build around, and having a poor start to the year.

I'd say either him, Lundqvist, or Howard. Why Howard in with those two? I don't know if he's as good, but the Wings org builds winners.

Luongo, nope. Several goalies I take over him. Brodeur? Too old to build around, and having a poor start to the year.

This is why Howard is getting so many votes, if the question were phrased differently, such as what goalie would you take this year to win a Stanley Cup I think that the votes would be very different. Howard is the youngest and shows promise, making him a good building block. Miller would probably be my first choice.

Edited by Booster313

When I read the question I instantly thought Miller. Then when I went to NHL.com I was blown away he wasn't on the list. As good as Brodeur is (obviously) if you're building a team around a goalie (to me that implies long term) he shouldnt even be on this list. Miller all the way

If it were based on this years stats Tim Thomas would be my pick. 0.75 GAA, only 3 goals allowed and 4-0 record. If not based on this years stats then I'd pick Bryzgalov or Howard. Just 2 goalies I happen to be a fan of.

Edited by RememberStevieY

Guest CaliWingsNut

Lundqvist, Luongo, or Miller would be my picks.

Jimmy is still settling in. I'd maybe put him as backup on a custom built team. I have been worried for a long time about his past tendency for streakiness, but that is fading with time.

I wonder if the mass amount of Red Wings fans, I've seen polls that 10% of American hockey fans are Wings fans, are effecting the voting. Out of that list, I too would take Lundqvist, then Howard second. Brodeur can't win a playoff series anymore, and Kipper and Luongo can't win in the playoffs either. Also Luongo takes to much cap space.

As some already mentioned, I would have picked Miller if he was on the list. I guess I should pick "Other".

I'd think I'd take Kipper over Howard.... he's been the backbone in Calgary for years. I don't think there is a goalie in the league right now that has been ridden as hard for as long a Kipper has. On a good team he would be lights out!

Does this take into account Cap considerations?

If I'm building a team, I'm sure as hell not putting 7 mil into my goalie when there are many perfectly capable goalies available for a third of that price.

I'm going with the Wings system of signing goalies.

No one.

In today's era, goalies are overrated. Some of the biggest name goalies suck in the playoffs, while faceless jobbers are playing in the Cup Finals.

Just about every team is finding good goalies out of the minors no one has ever heard of, and those goalies are doing just fine. If I was building a team, I'd concentrate on everything else first, and then the goalie.

The days of needing a Hasek, Roy, Brodeur, Belfour, etc. to win the Cup ended after the lockout.

Funny how so many people mentioned Luongo, who hasn't made Vancouver a shred better since he got there, and Brodeur, who hasn't had a good playoff since 2003.

Red Wings fans are voting for Howard because he is there, but the correct answer is King Henrik, and its not even close.

How is it not even close?

The question is "Who would you build a team around?" Not "who is your favorite goalie?" "Who is the best goalie?" or "who wears the most absurdly gigantic pads?"

When building a franchise, as the question states, other things need to be taken into consideration, such as cap hit. Lunk is making almost 7 million a year. If I'm a GM and building a team, there is no way in hell I pay 7 million for ANY goalie, let alone one who has never had any success in the playoffs.

As I already wrote in this thread, there are too many goalies available for 1-2 million that are perfectly capable starters.

I think it's FANTASTIC that Jimmy's leading, and not far fetched to me at all. I find it odd how many people still love Luongo when time and time again proves to be, how shall I say, meh! Has let down Van in the playoffs more then once, and before anyone talks Gold, Ozzy would have won gold with that team.

Sorry I didn't mean to make this a Lou hate thread...To me it would Howard or Miller.

Surprised at not seeing options for Turco, Fleury, Varlamov, and ( insert Flyers goalie of the week here ), as those are teams whose fans dominate the forums. If that's what they call them.

Personally, I'd say Bryz, Miller, and the economic choice ( for now ), would be Jimmy.

Edited by BigWillieStyle