• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

"Why I hate this obnoxious hockey team"

Rate this topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ac-6998878

Ummmmmm... Is there one single true claim in this entire piece of garbage article?

"The Detroit Red Wings are the New York Yankees of the NHL" We buy our championships, really? Not only has there been a salary cap for the past five years but even when there wasnt, our core was home grown. Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Nick Lidstrom, Chris Osgood, Vladimir Konstantinov, Slava Kozlov, etc.

"The Detroit Red Wings are arrogant" Who???? LMAO! Steve Yzerman? Brendan Shanahan? Nick Lidstrom? Chris Osgood? Henrik Zetterberg? Pavel Datsyuk? Val Filppula? Brian Rafalski? Jimmy Howard? These are some of the most humble guys in the entire league.

"The Red Wings fans are some of the least knowledgeable, obnoxious, arrogant group of wannabe hockey fans I've ever had the displeasure of meeting." Ummm.... I dont even know how to respond to this one.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ac-6998878

Ummmmmm... Is there one single thing that's true in this entire piece of garbage article?

"The Detroit Red Wings are the New York Yankees of the NHL" We buy our championships, really? Not only has there been a salary cap for the past five years but even when there wasnt our core was home grown. Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Nick Lidstrom, Chris Osgood, Vladimir Konstantinov, Slava Kozlov, etc.

"The Detroit Red Wings are arrogant" Who???? LMAO! Steve Yzerman? Brendan Shanahan? Nick Lidstrom? Chris Osgood? Henrik Zetterberg? Pavel Datsyuk? Val Filppula? Brian Rafalski? Jimmy Howard? These are some of the most humble guys in the entire league.

"The Red Wings fans are some of the least knowledgeable, obnoxious, arrogant group of wannabe hockey fans I've ever had the displeasure of meeting." Ummm.... I dont even know how to respond to this.

Not even worth it to finish reading. All of the comments at the bottom say it all. That is probably one of the worst examples of sports writing I've ever seen, not because it bashes the Red Wings, but because it is so thoroughly ignorant in every single argument it tries to make. Thank you Sherri Thornhill, for confirming the obvious: Journalism is dead.

a guy at work showed me this article, he thought it was silly business and hes a pens fan. You may not like the wings but u have to admit their a class act. this writer is obviously ignorant.

o yea how can u call us not a class act if ur a dallas fan didnt one of there players just get arrested? and the problems in the locker room Dallas has had. If also noticed people bashing Modano for leaving, BLAME YOUR FRONT OFFICE NOT HIM, this writer calls wings fans bad, u dont see us bashing yzerman for leaving and working for another team. Instead we wish him the best of luck.

Edited by wings1110

When has a live octopus ever been thrown onto the ice?

Imagine sneaking that in under your pants!

Well she starts by saying that she has been a hockey fan since she was 8 years old. Based on the quality of writing and information she presented.... that would make her about 9 years old currently. So lets give her a break.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Top 10 thing other team's fans say about the Red Wings...

1. Too old and too slow

2. The refs let them get away with everything

3. Their goaltending sucks

4. They dive more than any other team

5. They buy their Stanley Cups

6. Detroit is the worst place to live in the NHL

7. They only beat bad teams and can't beat the good teams

8. They have too many soft Euros who have no guts

9. They are in an easy division and would get killed in the East

10. Lidstrom is another year older and they will never win another Cup

This reminds me of a song a Blackhawk fan may sing...

Hopefully there are still some Metallica fans left...

THE UNFORGIVEN...

NEW HAWKS JOIN ITS HERD

AND QUICKLY THEY'RE SO NEW

DEPRIVED OF ALL ITS DEPTH

THE YOUNG HAWKS LEARN A RULE

THROUGHOUT THE YOUNG HAWKS LIFE

THEIR SOLID DMEN FOUR

TRYING TO REPEAT

THE YOUNG HAWKS HAVE THEIR CORE

WHAT THEY'VE FELT

WHAT THEY'VE KNOWN

NEVER KNOWIN

WHAT TURCO HAS SHOWN

THEY'LL NEVER BE

THEY'LL NEVER SEE

SO THEY DONE THE UNFORGIVEN

KEITH LEVELS ME

SEABROOK LEVELS YOU

SO THEY DONE THE UNFORGIVEN

I don't agree with any of the points she projected. However her worst one stated by far would be the lack of hockey knowledge. The way she complained about all the things in the article shows her lack of the same knowledge she is bitching about.

Also, it was a painful read for her structure. Last I checked they stopped teaching, "Power Writing," in grade school of the very reason you see with her writing. It pained me to read this attempt at journalistic work. It should also be noted that while Power Writing should never be used by anyone, it shouldn't ever be used in journalistic work EVER!

Guest CaliWingsNut

Thanks for the heads up, glad I didn't read that and give them any advertising viewing $.

Sad state of journalism today is that viewership is more important than accuracy. People liking or disliking your article still equals people seeing your ads.

I don't agree with any of the points she projected. However her worst one stated by far would be the lack of hockey knowledge. The way she complained about all the things in the article shows her lack of the same knowledge she is bitching about.

Yea I laughed about that one. She's a Dallas Stars fan, they've only had a team since 1993-94! We're from the Original 6!

Oh well I'd rather be hated than liked, similar to what I posted in the comments.

Edited by Barrie

That was the worst hate article I've ever read. A Blackhawks fan could do much better than this garbage.

Yeah, the fact that it's a hate article doesn't bother me, but what does is that her arguments are logically unsound, and she doesn't even try to back them up (although if you're just flat-out wrong, it would be kind of hard to find examples to support your argument). Heck, I could probably write a better article about why other fans hate us, really.

My favorite part is the "Red Wings are arrogant" line. Come the eff on. I can't think of ANY current players who act cocky. I can think of a lot of reasons other fans don't like our players - Homer is a pain in the butt (or rather his butt is a pain in your face), Bertuzzi is a thug, etc. - but arrogant?! Yeah, that Lidstrom, man, he really talks a lot of crap about other teams, doesn't he? :rolleyes: I can think of two whole players in recent history who might be said to have inflated egos: Fedorov and Avery, and Avery got shown the door for that exact reason. Plus, we Wings fans get to share Avery's "legacy" with the Stars, which doesn't exactly help the author one-up us.

Now, I do heartily agree that we FANS are a bunch of arrogant bastards - as The Chief would say, we've got SWAGGER, *******! We're probably obnoxious at times, too. However, I absolutely 100% disagree that we are some of the least knowledgeable hockey fans out there...if she ever visited this forum she'd know she was wrong. Yeah, there are a couple of yokels here like me, but for the most part I've never met a more informed bunch of people all in one place, period.

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Most obnoxious fans in the NHL -

1. Vancouver

2. Toronto

3. Nashville

Lowest hockey IQ fans in the NHL -

1. Chicago

2. Nashville

3. Pittsburgh

Bases on this article I'm putting Dallas over Pittsburgh any day.

Yeah, the fact that it's a hate article doesn't bother me, but what does is that her arguments are logically unsound, and she doesn't even try to back them up (although if you're just flat-out wrong, it would be kind of hard to find examples to support your argument). Heck, I could probably write a better article about why other fans hate us, really.

My favorite part is the "Red Wings are arrogant" line. Come the eff on. I can't think of ANY current players who act cocky. I can think of a lot of reasons other fans don't like our players - Homer is a pain in the butt (or rather his butt is a pain in your face), Bertuzzi is a thug, etc. - but arrogant?! Yeah, that Lidstrom, man, he really talks a lot of crap about other teams, doesn't he? :rolleyes: I can think of two whole players in recent history who might be said to have inflated egos: Fedorov and Avery, and Avery got shown the door for that exact reason. Plus, we Wings fans get to share Avery's "legacy" with the Stars, which doesn't exactly help the author one-up us.

Because they're better than their team's?

I didn't even read the article until now. As an aspiring journalist, I hope wherever I end up working will be thousands of miles away from this writer, as she would lower the intelligence level of the entire staff by her mere presence.

What a crock of s***. The Red Wings are arrogant, and yet no examples. Red Wings fans are stupid, and yet no examples. Mike Modano a Wing? I guess this bimbo forgot her team didn't want him back. What a putz.

I didn't even read the article until now. As an aspiring journalist, I hope wherever I end up working will be thousands of miles away from this writer, as she would lower the intelligence level of the entire staff by her mere presence.

What a crock of s***. The Red Wings are arrogant, and yet no examples. Red Wings fans are stupid, and yet no examples. Mike Modano a Wing? I guess this bimbo forgot her team didn't want him back. What a putz.

Tried to warn you not to read it...

Since no one has posted it yet:

Someone needs to digitally harass this b.

FYI, in her profile she posted her e-mail address. Just click on her name at the top of the article and click on "Read More" in the "About" section under her profile pic. :cool:

This gets me. I will never understand why it's an insult to call a team the New York Yankees of whatever sport the team plays. Maybe it's my bias talking, but the Yankees are storied, legendary franchise that has won many championships and had absolute freakin' Gods play for them (Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle).

Why wouldn't the Red Wings want to be compared to a successful model like that? It would be an insult if the Wings were called the Washington Nationals of the NHL.

The Yankees are good at what they do (whether you like it or not). So are the Red Wings. It's not an insult to compare the two at all.

This gets me. I will never understand why it's an insult to call a team the New York Yankees of whatever sport the team plays. Maybe it's my bias talking, but the Yankees are storied, legendary franchise that has won many championships and had absolute freakin' Gods play for them (Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle).

Why wouldn't the Red Wings want to be compared to a successful model like that? It would be an insult if the Wings were called the Washington Nationals of the NHL.

The Yankees are good at what they do (whether you like it or not). So are the Red Wings. It's not an insult to compare the two at all.

The comparison is not in regards to being a storied winning franchise, but rather the fact that the Yankees have never had to deal with a salary cap and have always had the ability to offer any amount of money to any player that they wish to get on their team, and they usually do get them.

The reason we have a problem with this comparison is the obvious fact that Wings have never "bought" a championship, but rather have drafted remarkably well and made great moves in the off season.

Edited by hooon