• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

"Why I hate this obnoxious hockey team"

Rate this topic

I'm sure there's some well thought out counter-points to this "article" and already there maybe some responses similar to this one:

Shut the f*** up, you uninformed, obviously jealous fan of some lackluster bottom feeding team, and overall hack of a "writer". Try again in a couple years when you've assessed the league and individual franchises as they currently stand, as well as the histories of those franchises both pre- and post-cap, and what that means to success, mediocrity, and failure in the NHL. In the meantime... choke on a bag of dicks.

I laughed out loud when I read this post.

all of this is just CLASSIC.

i could barely read the article alone due to the typos and horrible grammar. but aside from that, i love how this lady just embarrassed the hell outta herself. i could give this article to a friend of mine who knows a fair amount about hockey and he would know its s***.

after getting rear ended this morning driving, this thread has just made my day :)

Guest scottj

yeah... I hope all of this Red Wings hate is justified (i.e. we're better than their team and they know it)

The New York Yankees are the Detroit Red Wings of baseball.

nice lol

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

i could barely read the article alone due to the typos and horrible grammar. but aside from that, i love how this lady just embarrassed the hell outta herself. i could give this article to a friend of mine who knows a fair amount about hockey and he would know its s***.

after getting rear ended this morning driving, this thread has just made my day :)

I hope you're okay.

She is some freelance writer with too much time on her hands. In her profile it says she likes getting pushing your buttons which she obviously did. As wings fans we should be proud that our accomplishments pisses people off that bad. If she was a paid journalist than yes I would have a problem with it but its just an opinionated article. If I were to write one about the ducks I bet they would be PISSED.

The "Pushing your buttons" thing.

Lol....she didn't add that until she had about 500 negative comments.

For those who didn't notice this early. She posted this article, and within a day had hundreds of highly negative comments. One of two of them might even have been posted by me.

She then changed her email, which at one point was her email, to a slogan saying something like "Red Wings fans need to learn to take a joke!"

Then, she changed her profile again, to toss in all the stuff about "Pushing your buttons".

No sir. when she wrote it, she was dead serious. Just a poor lady, whom didn't have much hockey experience outside Dallas fans, and so since her 10 or 11 friends all felt how she felt, she assumed her article would garner similar support on line.

Then....reality ***** slapped her, and she changed her entire profile, email, and probably her underwear when she crapped her pants at the response.

If you read the replies, it really makes you feel proud. There are f***in Toronto fans, posting in defense of the Wings over there. It's like, 90% of the replies not only bash this lady, but defend the Wings as well.

Edited by Joseph Franks

Uh, you're alright, right? You did just say.....that you got rear ended this morning, right?

Okay, this rebuttal is damn funny. I am particularly amused by the bolded part:

Oh Sherri; your completely accurate, spot-on description of the--how did you describe them, "Dead Wings"--is as classy as it gets. I will attempt to break down your bullshi--I mean, carefully constructed statements as best as I can:

" I am now a proud Dallas Stars fan living near Dallas, which means that the Detroit Red Wings are easily my most hated team."

The association there is clear as crystal. It makes perfect sense. If you are a proud Dallas Star fan living near Dallas, you MUST have an abhorrent attitude towards the Detroit Red Wings. Now, if you are a proud Dallas Stars fan living slightly farther away from Dallas, or just a so-so Dallas Stars fan living near Dallas, then this statement might be construed as utter bull@#$%. But we know better.

"Modano grew up in Michigan and he was snatched up by the Detroit Red Wings this season. Seeing Mike Modano in one of those nasty Red Wings uniforms curls my stomach."

That poor guy. It must have been terrible growing up in Michigan, what with all the acid pits and hellfire running amok here. No wonder he got right the hell out of Michigan. And for him to come BACK to Michigan, to the place where he spent a good chunk of his life...I certainly can't fathom the reasoning behind that, ladies and germs.

"They, like the Yankees, are more than willing to buy a Championship by paying big money for big players."

This is completely true. As everyone knows, Michigan is the richest state in the good ol' US of A, and even sports a slightly larger gross income than the entire Eastern Hemisphere. It is only natural that we, like the Yankees, would try to purchase our way up the playoff ladder. In fact, if you look closely at the Red Wing uniforms, the winged wheels on the uniforms are actually encrusted in platinum and 24k white gold. Zetterberg's facial hair also has a pension.

"Though the Red Wings are legitimate Stanley Cup contenders each year, they have just 4 Stanley Cups since 1955."

Man, what a bunch of losers! ONLY 4?!?!?! Dallas could EASILY get that many Stanley Cups in five minutes! The reason they only have one Stanley Cup is because they're humble. What a great hockey team Dallas is :)

"Most of the Detroit players are self-important nit-wits. I can't stand watching them play, or give interviews or breathe; they are jerks, which make it easy to hate their team."

Sherri forgot to mention the completely unprofessional antics of Mike Babcock, who frequently gives the coaches of visiting teams wet willies during every home game.

"Watching the Red Wings play is like watching a bunch of boring robots skate around the ice. I'd rather watch paint dry, it's more exciting."

I am not sure where you would go to watch robots skate around on the ice, unless Sherri is referring to the Zamboni, in which case this makes perfect sense. I'm also not sure why someone would ever consider watching paint dry, but far be it from me to question the hobbies of an avid Yahoo sports writer.

"I hate boring hockey, so I hate the Detroit Red Wings. They are the worst team to watch if you are trying to stay awake."

I concur wholeheartedly! Nothing is worse than boring hockey! In my opinion, every game should constitute of nothing but brawls, slams into the sideboards, and knife fights between the captains at half time.

"The Red Wings fans are some of the least knowledgeable, obnoxious, arrogant group of wannabe hockey fans I've ever had the displeasure of meeting."

She forgot to mention that they all burn American flags, hate children, and defecate on small animals.

That poor guy. It must have been terrible growing up in Michigan, what with all the acid pits and hellfire running amok here. No wonder he got right the hell out of Michigan. And for him to come BACK to Michigan, to the place where he spent a good chunk of his life...I certainly can't fathom the reasoning behind that, ladies and germs.

I know. I grew up in Michigan, and walking to the store was near IMPOSSIBLE cause of the acid pits, and hellfire.

But what really use to irk me was the demons that would fly around dive bombing fire and lightning on me.

It's rough growing up here :)

Edited by Joseph Franks

Two words

Eddie Belfour

Now that's a classy Dallas Stars player...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I forgot about that! POINTS FOR YOU SIR!!!

Wait...she clearly doesn't remember either. I'm sure that was well before she moved to the Dallas area, so it doesn't count.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

I are hate Wings. Obnoxious Detroit buys Modano when him cleerly wanted to stay at other home Dallas. Detroit buys Cup's (sic) to be arrogant. They only ever winned 11 cup's despite their best friend Gary Beetman giving them four while not promoting true NHL Stars like Sidney Crosby and Mark Fistric. Gary Beetman holds back the others great teams by giving the Dead Wings all the calls. I hate Detroit fans because they are mean winners. They should be quiet and let real fans like in Dallas be heard.

"I tried to capture the spirit of the thing."

--Dickie Dunn