• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsownnhl43

"Why I hate this obnoxious hockey team"

Rate this topic

Also putting in a Salary Cap and parity in MLB could hurt the national TV contract with bad playoff match ups, lowering the TV revenue. If the national TV money goes down, MLB will have to be more like the NHL and be a gate driven league and risk being on a low rated TV station like Verses, something they don't want.

"Bad playoff matchups"? So creating parity in the league would make it less interesting and therefore lose them tv money. Hmmm...

So what you're saying is it's all about the money and not about the actual sport. Exactly what's wrong with sports today.

esteef

I The whole "the Wings play boring hockey" thing really amuses me because it's blatant jealousy. If you don't like watching some of the most skilled players in the world and a big hit from Kronwall or Stuart you just don't like hockey.

Yeah that one always get s me too. it's the default response from people who get all tense with jealousy that their team doesn't play that way. Some fo the Vancouver Team 1040 guys say that the WIngs play like poetry in motion and it's like an incredible symphony orchestra of hockey play.

I actually get bored watching other teams dump and chase all day. The plays don't develop and there can be so much randomness to other team's play; while you're gnipping, they're gnoppiing (just tossing the puck back and forth down the ice to the other team, crashing and banging, it rearely makes it out of the nuetral zone.)

(When my beer league team gets really sloppy and can't seem to get it together we always imitate a Russian coach getting impatient trying to coach us North Americans and somebody will inevitably say in a bad Russian accent

"OK boyz, itz time to keep it zimple for you zimple Norz Amerekan boyz. Letz play zee dump & zee chaze hawkey. Now rememba, za keyz to za dump and zee chase are?..ze dump!... and ze chaze... zen go hit zombody. Letz go, boyz.".

How exactly can puck possession hockey played by a collection of some of the most skilled players in the world be boring?

"Bad playoff matchups"? So creating parity in the league would make it less interesting and therefore lose them tv money. Hmmm...

So what you're saying is it's all about the money and not about the actual sport. Exactly what's wrong with sports today.

esteef

Sports has always been about money. The owners were so corrupt a generation ago.

I heard on the radio today since the Blue Jays won their first of back to back World Series in 1992 and 1993, there's only been two teams that haven't made the playoffs (KC and Montreal/Washington). Baseball, without a Salary Cap and only 8 teams making the playoffs, has the most parity in the big 4 sports! Selig has no reason to make any changes. His teams strive to win instead of just finishing 8th in their Conference.

Also a team with a $60 Million payroll just beat one with $200+ Million! I'm sure Texas fans are very satisfied they beat the Yankees, just like us Tiger fans when we beat them in 2006 (one of my favorite Baseball moments).

Edited by Barrie

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ac-6998878

Ummmmmm... Is there one single true claim in this entire piece of garbage article?

"The Detroit Red Wings are the New York Yankees of the NHL" We buy our championships, really? Not only has there been a salary cap for the past five years but even when there wasnt, our core was home grown. Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Nick Lidstrom, Chris Osgood, Vladimir Konstantinov, Slava Kozlov, etc.

"The Detroit Red Wings are arrogant" Who???? LMAO! Steve Yzerman? Brendan Shanahan? Nick Lidstrom? Chris Osgood? Henrik Zetterberg? Pavel Datsyuk? Val Filppula? Brian Rafalski? Jimmy Howard? These are some of the most humble guys in the entire league.

"The Red Wings fans are some of the least knowledgeable, obnoxious, arrogant group of wannabe hockey fans I've ever had the displeasure of meeting." Ummm.... I dont even know how to respond to this one.

I can honestly say, after only watching hockey for about 5 or 6 years, I know that I've learnt so much more from the Red Wings and it's fans, than I could ever have from supporting any other team. Just their core values of drafting and developing, and their use of the basics. It's no coincidence that Lidstrom (for me) is the best defenceman of the last decade (there is the case for all time but I can't claim to have seen him in the 90s etc), and yet there is no one better than him at the basics of defensive play.

Really naive comment to say that there is a lack of knowledge surrounding this organisation.

I'm sure there's some well thought out counter-points to this "article" and already there maybe some responses similar to this one:

Shut the f*** up, you uninformed, obviously jealous fan of some lackluster bottom feeding team, and overall hack of a "writer". Try again in a couple years when you've assessed the league and individual franchises as they currently stand, as well as the histories of those franchises both pre- and post-cap, and what that means to success, mediocrity, and failure in the NHL. In the meantime... choke on a bag of dicks.

I'm sure there's some well thought out counter-points to this "article" and already there maybe some responses similar to this one:

Shut the f*** up, you uninformed, obviously jealous fan of some lackluster bottom feeding team, and overall hack of a "writer". Try again in a couple years when you've assessed the league and individual franchises as they currently stand, as well as the histories of those franchises both pre- and post-cap, and what that means to success, mediocrity, and failure in the NHL. In the meantime... choke on a bag of dicks.

Yeah that's the thing. There ARE plenty of arguments one could make as to why its easy to dislike the Wings, and I have even read several articles that talk about this in an educated manner. Its just the way she writes, gets all of her facts wrong, outright lies, and simply showcases jealous bitterness rather than a healthy rivalry.

I haven't read this so-called "article" and I have no intention of doing so.

Why do you let people rile you up this way? Anyone with a modicum of hockey knowledge is just sitting back and laughing at her.

What these type of articles are really good for is entertainment, especially the comments left by other "fans" who are equally woefully ignorant. Relax and enjoy it, along with the fact that many others are modeling their organizations after the Wings, not the Stars.

I haven't read this so-called "article" and I have no intention of doing so.

Why do you let people rile you up this way? Anyone with a modicum of hockey knowledge is just sitting back and laughing at her.

What these type of articles are really good for is entertainment, especially the comments left by other "fans" who are equally woefully ignorant. Relax and enjoy it, along with the fact that many others are modeling their organizations after the Wings, not the Stars.

You can't start off by saying you haven't even read the article, and then call us out for getting riled up over it.

I GAURENTEE you, if you DID read the article (don't though), you would be just as riled as we are.

This thread is still going? wow... talk about some jealous fans.

How dare you make false claims and post them on the yahoo website!

How does that make us jealous? Bitter maybe, but jealous? Do you even know what that word means?

This thread is still going? wow... talk about some jealous fans.

How dare you make false claims and post them on the yahoo website!

better than being some tard jealous of passionate fans

Lol best part of that article, is all of the articles underneath it.

Supposedly by her profile she is a food and travel blogger, who is a retired cop.

She also changed her "email" to say "Redwings fans need to learn to take a joke". I'm sure she changed it because she probably got FLOODED by hundreds of hate mails, lol.

Good read. Made my night.

If I was a Dallas fan the last several years, hate is what would have gotten me through too, cause god knows winning hasn't worked out for the team.

She is some freelance writer with too much time on her hands. In her profile it says she likes getting pushing your buttons which she obviously did. As wings fans we should be proud that our accomplishments pisses people off that bad. If she was a paid journalist than yes I would have a problem with it but its just an opinionated article. If I were to write one about the ducks I bet they would be PISSED.

Edited by ReliEnt

Guest LarryMurphySpecial

She grew up in California, what do you expect?

So did Emmerson Etem and Brooks Orpick.