• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/23 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I really hope Lilja gets booed. I just didn't like him taking a try out with the Sharks over the Wings, felt like he was holding a grudge for his poor contract choice.

I hope not, Lilja should get a hand the first time he touches the puck. There's no reason at all to boo him! I'm sure the guys will be happy to see him too.

I like the notion, but considering he hasn't won a fight in the NHL yet, (even making Derek Morris look tough), I'll believe it when I see it.

esteef

I wouldn't really use that Morris fight as your judgment of the kid esteef. He stepped on a stick twice during the fight. I think if we give him 3 years he'll be a very legit middle weight. Gotta remember he played college hockey s he isn't used to fighting. He'll improve though

I wouldn't really use that Morris fight as your judgment of the kid esteef. He stepped on a stick twice during the fight. I think if we give him 3 years he'll be a very legit middle weight. Gotta remember he played college hockey s he isn't used to fighting. He'll improve though

Oh I believe he'll get better, I just don't think he's our answer, nor should he be. Every little bit helps I guess though.

esteef

Guest best poster in LGW history

what will the 3rd line's total +/- be at game's end?

i'm going with -7.

Not sure how that makes him a "shadow of his former self", especially when we are SIX GAMES INTO THE SEASON.

I've seen him look pretty good, despite being moved around on various pairings. He has been hitting, leads our defense in goals, hasn't looked terrible defensively.

Not sure how you can present an opinion as truth, but I DO disagree.

Well, losing a step and not playing physical and making terrible bonehead passes and pinching at inopportune times would classify as a "shadow of his former self" in my book. Plus, besides the GRap call-ups, he's the only D-Man at an even +/-, which is good.

He's been very good on the Powerplay (both goals), but bland and poor even strength. Maybe it does have something to do with switching partners constantly, but that doesn't excuses his Big Rig passes and bad spots to pinch. And he's slower, or at least it looks noticeable to me.

I hope he turns it around, and I fully expect him to once RafalskiUSA is back in the line-up, but for now, he needs to step up.

Well, losing a step and not playing physical and making terrible bonehead passes and pinching at inopportune times would classify as a "shadow of his former self" in my book. Plus, besides the GRap call-ups, he's the only D-Man at an even +/-, which is good.

He's been very good on the Powerplay (both goals), but bland and poor even strength. Maybe it does have something to do with switching partners constantly, but that doesn't excuses his Big Rig passes and bad spots to pinch. And he's slower, or at least it looks noticeable to me.

I hope he turns it around, and I fully expect him to once RafalskiUSA is back in the line-up, but for now, he needs to step up.

Sounds like you're just taking it out on Kronner when our ENTIRE defense has been poor.

Sounds like you're just taking it out on Kronner when our ENTIRE defense has been poor.

Naw. I knew Kindl and Janik and any other plug would look, blah, but I didn't expect Kronwall to look like it too. I'm still a Kronwall fan, but he's lost a little.

Our team is 7th in offense and 3rd in defense, so our ENTIRE defense hasn't been poor.

Naw. I knew Kindl and Janik and any other plug would look, blah, but I didn't expect Kronwall to look like it too. I'm still a Kronwall fan, but he's lost a little.

Our team is 7th in offense and 3rd in defense, so our ENTIRE defense hasn't been poor.

Just because of some statistic our defense hasn't been poor? Sounds like you're flipflopping in your last two posts.

Well it sure is going to be weird seeing Lils wearing a Ducks jersey. I wish the best of him anyways on a remarkable come back to the game. He could've ended up ending his career that way so I think it's still pretty cool being able to watch him play with or without the Wings. Here's to a good game! :thumbup:

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom, Filppula, Hudler)

Ducks 1

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Thank god for the feed. I have every dang channel known to man (VS, NHLN, CI, FSN) and live in Ducks territory, yet I still don't get the game because it's on some funky OC- and LA-only channel. Last time it was my cable company's fault for not carrying FSN West Prime Ticket, but this time San Diego just doesn't get it period. Ok, rant over, gooooo Wings!

I'm in the same boat and it's on Center Ice right now. No blackout!!! :yowza:

esteef

Okay don't hate me.. but Lilja is garbage.

The best thing Detroit did was get rid of him and Lebda. They might be big dudes and physical, but we have enough of those guys now.. We need skills more then anything and look, we have that now too. Obviously they are good players because they are in the NHL, but seriously, Detroit needs better defenseman and Lilja isn't that great.

On a side note... LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!

Just because of some statistic our defense hasn't been poor? Sounds like you're flipflopping in your last two posts.

I provided personal observations AND statistics. But ok, this is pointless.

GO WINGS?

Anyone know anything about their goalie?