• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/23 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

If the hit on Doughty didn't get a suspension, I can't see how this won would, even in Campbell's f-ed up suspension world.

I too agree that he won't get suspended. The point I was trying to make is there is no difference IMO about head hunting east-to-west from north-to-south. Aiming for the head is aiming for the head.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Thats one for the Datsyuk highlight reel this season. And he almost had one before that in the game when he pulled the puck on a string and stopped on a dime earlier in the game. I don't know how many people on this board really play hockey, but that was really amazing when you think about how fast that goes down. People talk about how fast that guy is and his eye hand coordination, but that play also shows his ability to see the game and make moves so incredibly fast. Give credit to his mental ability too. You have to process that so fast in your head. Not only does he have the presence of mind to stop and shake the defender, but he is able to gauge how Cleary will react and put it through his legs on the way to the shelf. Unbelievable how fast he can make decisions like that.

Datsyuk was beyond human last night. I know he's always impressing us, but it never gets old saying how crazy good he is. He just never ceases to amaze, I don't know how he does it. He should have had way more points last night with how he played.

Guest screwdahawks

How could he piss on the toilet seat sitting down?

It's a put down to all women to insinuate that he is of their gender. He is a dick wad that should only happen in the shower for reproductive reasons.

And he almost had one before that in the game when he pulled the puck on a string and stopped on a dime earlier in the game. I don't know how many people on this board really play hockey, but that was really amazing when you think about how fast that goes down.

Had Kronner scored (he should have) that would have been one of the goals of the year imo.. amazing move by Pav.

Thats one for the Datsyuk highlight reel this season. And he almost had one before that in the game when he pulled the puck on a string and stopped on a dime earlier in the game. I don't know how many people on this board really play hockey, but that was really amazing when you think about how fast that goes down. People talk about how fast that guy is and his eye hand coordination, but that play also shows his ability to see the game and make moves so incredibly fast. Give credit to his mental ability too. You have to process that so fast in your head. Not only does he have the presence of mind to stop and shake the defender, but he is able to gauge how Cleary will react and put it through his legs on the way to the shelf. Unbelievable how fast he can make decisions like that.

What gets me constantly is how much he makes it look effortless and easy, when deep in your heart you know that it's not all that easy, and schmucks like you and I could never even dream of doing a move like he does - any move. It never ceases to amaze me how patient he is with the puck, how he can wait for just the right moment to shoot, and how he can move. I was at the 6-0 blowout game with San Jose a couple years ago, and I watched him go sailing down the ice with the puck, stop in front of the goal and patiently wait for the right moment before he shot a perfect bullet into the goal. I just sat there with my jaw hitting the floor, amazed at his patience. Night after night, he just goes out and does his business. And he's so damned good. Makes me thank the hockey gods every day that he's ours.

the good thing about Pasha is that he is usually a slow starter, he's at a ppg already...........things are only gunna get better.

We really need that 3rd line to start to click or there's a change a cummin. Maybe Babs will promote the hole 4th line to 3rd line and

put the so called 3rd line boys out there against the other teams 4th liners. Helmer, Patty and Drew/Abby can hold their own with any other

3rd line out there.

Guest Crymson

What gets me constantly is how much he makes it look effortless and easy, when deep in your heart you know that it's not all that easy, and schmucks like you and I could never even dream of doing a move like he does - any move. It never ceases to amaze me how patient he is with the puck, how he can wait for just the right moment to shoot, and how he can move. I was at the 6-0 blowout game with San Jose a couple years ago, and I watched him go sailing down the ice with the puck, stop in front of the goal and patiently wait for the right moment before he shot a perfect bullet into the goal. I just sat there with my jaw hitting the floor, amazed at his patience. Night after night, he just goes out and does his business. And he's so damned good. Makes me thank the hockey gods every day that he's ours.

Effortless...

Effortless...

This one's extended.

http://www.detroithockey.net/multimedia/2007/12/29/pavel_datsyuk_races_in_on.php

Something's up with this guy's kool-aid, hehe.

I expect my initial reaction to the Red Wings' win tonight to go over rather poorly: Detroit didn't deserve the win, Anaheim did.

The Red Wings were too sloppy tonight. You can win sloppy games, they proved that tonight, but if this had been a loss you could look at their play and say, "Of course it was."

Turnovers, blown defensive coverage, missed opportunities in general. It should have been a loss.

Meanwhile, the Ducks have a couple things to complain about.

While I think Corey Perry could have avoided Johan Franzen, the first period penalty on Perry that led to Detroit's first goal was weak. It might have been technically right but it I'd be upset if it were called on a Wing.

Detroit's third goal was a bit questionable, too. Paul Mara appeared to touch the puck in attempting to clear it from the goal line. On a delayed penalty, the play could have been blown dead. That said, Mara did not have control of the puck so maybe that's why the whistle didn't blow.

I think there's a lot less controversy to Anaheim's goals than there was to Detroit's.

Speaking of controversy... I still say Nicklas Kronwall will get a one-game suspension for his hit on Teemu Selanne. I don't think there was an intent to injure but Kronwall's hits look bad. He has a bit of a history and Selanne is a future Hall of Famer. That Selanne came back to play (and score) in the game helps Kronwall but that hit was another case where I'd be mad if it happened the other way around.

It must help you sleep at night to be constantly wrong. You're not going to sit here and tell me how I think. Again, my user name does not dictate my feelings or arguments. It's called objectivity. I can be a fan of Howard's but still be objective. How shocking this must be to you. If it was Ozzie in net tonight and that exact same goal happened, I would be backing Ozzie all the way.

I sleep fine knowing you flip flop worse than a political figure running for office. You hated Ozzie in previous threads....That is the truth. that is what I am basing my opinion on.

Guest Crymson

I sleep fine knowing you flip flop worse than a political figure running for office. You hated Ozzie in previous threads....That is the truth. that is what I am basing my opinion on.

I doubt the time spent on this sub-discussion is worth it for either of you.

Guest Crymson

Teemu was probably the only Duck that I had respect for. That's going away if he's going to be a crybaby.

Bobby Ryan isn't such a bad guy.

Thanks for that video. I accidently deleted the game off my DVR (and FSD isn't replaying the game) and was hoping to see more of Pasha's highlights. I've watched EVERY game for the past 5 years and I have never seen a player put on the performance that Dats did in that game.