#21 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

Current Streaks
Regular Season Streaks
Overall: 2-game winning streak (1 overtime)
Home: 1-game winning streak.

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Anaheim
Overall: 1-game winning streak (shutout)
Home: 5-game winning streak (1 overtime, 1 shutout).

Last Ten Games
Last Ten Games Current Regular Season
Overall: 4W-1L-0OTL-1SOL
Home: 2W-0L-0OTL-1SOL.

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Anaheim
Overall: 6W-3L-1OTL
Home: 9W-1L.

Home Stand / Road Trip
This is the second game of a four-game home stand.

Record on this Date
October 23.
This is the 26th regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 25 games:

8W-12L-5T.

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#22 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

Wings: Lids, Kronner, Mule, Flip, Huds
Analheim: Lilja, Selanne

Modano kicks Perry's bum. Perry threatens to get him.

#23 RedWingskiddo

RedWingskiddo

blue eyed red wing lady

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

Anything bout the (largely useless) third line possibly being taken apart? I firmly believe that all three players could be so much better, especially hudler
HUDLER!
all-star game is in raleigh.. which means you will witness the most weekend canes fans EVER.

#24 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:43 AM

Anything bout the (largely useless) third line possibly being taken apart? I firmly believe that all three players could be so much better, especially hudler

It's a bit soon to start making changes, especially since all the other lines look good. If they don't improve in the next couple of games I'm sure Babs will try something different though.

#25 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

Love the photo of Datsyk and Perry, Hockeytown. :thumbup: Tonight, Perry will probably go after Hudler. Gotta prove his manhood, ya know... :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#26 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

This game will go to overtime and Lilja will cough it up to Datsyuk. ;)

GO WINGS!!!!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 23 October 2010 - 09:45 AM.

#27 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

I really hope Lilja gets booed. I just didn't like him taking a try out with the Sharks over the Wings, felt like he was holding a grudge for his poor contract choice.

This line just doesn't mesh yet. Give it time.

If it doesn't though we have a ton of options without breaking up the top two lines.

I would like to see Hudler go to the top line if Homer isn't doing anything in a bit, feel like they could get something going for a few games then return things to normal.

I could also see Eaves taking Hudlers spot on the third line, he seems to have a strong first step right now and could fill the role of third line sniper better than Jiri right now. Cleary needs to step it up as well, but Modano has been solid.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#28 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

Until the team starts rattling off losses, there's no point really, unfortunately.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#29 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

These are two points we should get easily. Lilja will sure look weird though and I can't see him goonin it up with our boys.

#30 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

Its been awesome that our top two lines are producing (That's what they're there for anyway), but I'm hoping against the ducks we get some 3rd/4th line scoring going.

Hudler is sneaky. So far he's a bit below his point projection, as is the rest of our third "scoring line". And yes....unlike traditional 3rd lines, ours was designed to score.

I think Modano, is, well....Modano. He'll put up points eventually. I'm hoping maybe it's tonight.

I still have a lot of faith in that third line. But It has been off to a relatively slow start.

#31 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

[quote name='Majsheppard' date='23 October 2010 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1287845385' post='2051103']
I really hope Lilja gets booed. I just didn't like him taking a try out with the Sharks over the Wings, felt like he was holding a grudge for his poor contract choice.

This is a stupid statement :thumbdown: :rolleyes:

#32 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

I believe that was his agent.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#33 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

I want Perry lit up with a big hit. I'm looking at you Kronwall!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#34 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

Western Conference Standings have been updated.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#35 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

I want Perry lit up with a big hit. I'm looking at you Kronwall!

esteef

Unfortunately, Kronwall is a shell of his former self and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I would love to see Perry lit up, maybe a big hit from Eaves or one of the role players.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#36 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Tonight's Officials
Referees 13-Dan O'Halloran & 17-Frederick L'Ecuyer Linesmen 78-Brian Mach & 96-David Brisebois

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#37 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

I wanna see Abby in some games if he isnt in for bert he sure as hell should be in for miller.

#38 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hopefully, Lilja will grab one of our boys, and start pounding away at him.

:P
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

Tonight's Officials
Referees 13-Dan O'Halloran & 17-Frederick L'Ecuyer Linesmen 78-Brian Mach & 96-David Brisebois

Where did you get that from?

#40 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:05 PM

Unfortunately, Kronwall is a shell of his former self and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I would love to see Perry lit up, maybe a big hit from Eaves or one of the role players.

Really? Are you talking about Steffan?
Posted Image