701 replies to this topic

#41 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

Really? Are you talking about Steffan?

Nope, every since his injury he's been making bad passes and has lost a step. Whether you like it or not or agree or disagree, it's the truth. Hopefully he turns it around, but he's played like garbage this year.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#42 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

Nope, every since his injury he's been making bad passes and has lost a step. Whether you like it or not or agree or disagree, it's the truth. Hopefully he turns it around, but he's played like garbage this year.

Not sure how that makes him a "shadow of his former self", especially when we are SIX GAMES INTO THE SEASON.

I've seen him look pretty good, despite being moved around on various pairings. He has been hitting, leads our defense in goals, hasn't looked terrible defensively.

Not sure how you can present an opinion as truth, but I DO disagree.
Posted Image

#43 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

I'm gonna say 3-1 wings. Cleary (he always scores on the ducks), Datsyuk and Franzen.

Hopefully Abdelkader gets in the lineup tonight, perfect guy to have against the ducks, he could pretty much handle anyone except Parros on their team. Stuart should take Perrys head off and I beleive someone will get a highlite reel goal tonight :thumbup:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#44 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

Games versus the Ducks are always tough. I hope the Wings can EARN a W.

Start strong Red Wings!
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#45 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hopefully Abdelkader gets in the lineup tonight, perfect guy to have against the ducks, he could pretty much handle anyone except Parros on their team.

I like the notion, but considering he hasn't won a fight in the NHL yet, (even making Derek Morris look tough), I'll believe it when I see it.

esteef

Edited by esteef, 23 October 2010 - 01:35 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#46 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

Lilja back in town

I can't watch this on my computer. Is there something that I'd need to update?

I really hope Lilja gets booed. I just didn't like him taking a try out with the Sharks over the Wings, felt like he was holding a grudge for his poor contract choice.

He should not be booed for making a choice to better himself. The Wings could not offer him what he was looking for, and it wasn't just more money...

These are two points we should get easily. Lilja will sure look weird though and I can't see him goonin it up with our boys.

I doubt he'll be doing much of that at all, he can't risk another concussion.

Go Wings! We'll find a way to get that win.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#47 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

Where did you get that from?

Here.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#48 LarryMurphySpecial

LarryMurphySpecial

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:55 PM

I really hope Lilja gets booed. I just didn't like him taking a try out with the Sharks over the Wings, felt like he was holding a grudge for his poor contract choice.

Next time I have a a try-out/possible job opening for an almost a million dollar a year job to do something I'll love, I'll make sure the company I get hired by is ok with some nobody on the internet.

#49 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

Unless they forget about me, this will be the last Wings game I get to watch with the free preview of NHL Center Ice. I'm not ordering it, they're saying it's only $159/year, but I'm sure they'll be add on after add on, and the price will more than double. What I don't get is how I can get HD without the HD box in the preview, and if I want HD I'll have to get the box, so screw 'em! :lol:

Anyway, I say 5-2 Wings, and those cry baby Canadians, Getzlaf and Perry, will take runs at our Europeans, especially Datsyuk! Please watch out Dats, or just embarrass Perry again!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#50 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,012 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Next time I have a a try-out/possible job opening for an almost a million dollar a year job to do something I'll love, I'll make sure the company I get hired by is ok with some nobody on the internet.

Suit yourself. But with the bad economy and all, that sounds like a terrible employment strategy.

#51 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:08 PM

im hoping that the 3rd line can get it going and win the wings a game tonight.

close game with the Wings winning 4-3 in ot.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#52 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

I hope not, Lilja should get a hand the first time he touches the puck. There's no reason at all to boo him! I'm sure the guys will be happy to see him too.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#53 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

I think now that our 1st line is clicking, we will win this one. Keep your head up boys...Perry will be out to prove he has a bigger penis than everyone!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#54 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

I like the notion, but considering he hasn't won a fight in the NHL yet, (even making Derek Morris look tough), I'll believe it when I see it.

esteef

I wouldn't really use that Morris fight as your judgment of the kid esteef. He stepped on a stick twice during the fight. I think if we give him 3 years he'll be a very legit middle weight. Gotta remember he played college hockey s he isn't used to fighting. He'll improve though

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#55 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

I wouldn't really use that Morris fight as your judgment of the kid esteef. He stepped on a stick twice during the fight. I think if we give him 3 years he'll be a very legit middle weight. Gotta remember he played college hockey s he isn't used to fighting. He'll improve though

Oh I believe he'll get better, I just don't think he's our answer, nor should he be. Every little bit helps I guess though.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#56 best poster in LGW history

best poster in LGW history

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

what will the 3rd line's total +/- be at game's end?

i'm going with -7.

#57 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

I can't watch this on my computer. Is there something that I'd need to update?

I cant watch it either. I don't know why it doesn't work anymore.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#58 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:39 PM

Not sure how that makes him a "shadow of his former self", especially when we are SIX GAMES INTO THE SEASON.

I've seen him look pretty good, despite being moved around on various pairings. He has been hitting, leads our defense in goals, hasn't looked terrible defensively.

Not sure how you can present an opinion as truth, but I DO disagree.

Well, losing a step and not playing physical and making terrible bonehead passes and pinching at inopportune times would classify as a "shadow of his former self" in my book. Plus, besides the GRap call-ups, he's the only D-Man at an even +/-, which is good.

He's been very good on the Powerplay (both goals), but bland and poor even strength. Maybe it does have something to do with switching partners constantly, but that doesn't excuses his Big Rig passes and bad spots to pinch. And he's slower, or at least it looks noticeable to me.

I hope he turns it around, and I fully expect him to once RafalskiUSA is back in the line-up, but for now, he needs to step up.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#59 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

Well, losing a step and not playing physical and making terrible bonehead passes and pinching at inopportune times would classify as a "shadow of his former self" in my book. Plus, besides the GRap call-ups, he's the only D-Man at an even +/-, which is good.

He's been very good on the Powerplay (both goals), but bland and poor even strength. Maybe it does have something to do with switching partners constantly, but that doesn't excuses his Big Rig passes and bad spots to pinch. And he's slower, or at least it looks noticeable to me.

I hope he turns it around, and I fully expect him to once RafalskiUSA is back in the line-up, but for now, he needs to step up.

Sounds like you're just taking it out on Kronner when our ENTIRE defense has been poor.
Posted Image

#60 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Sounds like you're just taking it out on Kronner when our ENTIRE defense has been poor.

Naw. I knew Kindl and Janik and any other plug would look, blah, but I didn't expect Kronwall to look like it too. I'm still a Kronwall fan, but he's lost a little.

Our team is 7th in offense and 3rd in defense, so our ENTIRE defense hasn't been poor.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank