• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Teemu Selanne whining

Rate this topic

Selanne also wasn't thrilled with the officiating crew led by referees Frederick L'Ecuyer and Dan O'Halloran.

"It is a joke," he said. "As long as I have played here, it's always happened. You almost know. They get at least three power plays every first period. ... Like 50-50 calls are going to go in their favor. We knew. It's not a secret for anybody. Plus, there's a young referee who's pumped to do the games here. The calls are going to go in their favor."

As it was talked about in the GDT, regarding Kronwall:

"That guy is dangerous out there," Selanne said. "One of these days somebody's going to get him, for sure. I know that. It's just a matter of time when. For sure his elbow hit in my face. I didn't see the replay but I know how it felt."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Selanne also wasn't thrilled with the officiating crew led by referees Frederick L'Ecuyer and Dan O'Halloran.

"It is a joke," he said. "As long as I have played here, it's always happened. You almost know. They get at least three power plays every first period. ... Like 50-50 calls are going to go in their favor. We knew. It's not a secret for anybody. Plus, there's a young referee who's pumped to do the games here. The calls are going to go in their favor."

As it was talked about in the GDT, regarding Kronwall:

"That guy is dangerous out there," Selanne said. "One of these days somebody's going to get him, for sure. I know that. It's just a matter of time when. For sure his elbow hit in my face. I didn't see the replay but I know how it felt."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

50-50 calls are going to go in our favor?

....i guess he wants it to be more like 90-10 going their favor or something? :unsure:

There were 2 bad calls on the Ducks in the first period, and Mickey was even raving about how horrible they were. Besides that the refs swallowed their whistles most of the game. And come on Teemu, you dont need to be sour after a loss. Kronner rocked you, than your team lost with 11 seconds left. It happens.

Randy Carlyle chimes in too:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/pavel_datsyuks_goal_with_12_se.html

“Kronwall clearly jumped and shouldered him in the jaw, went for his head,’’ Carlyle said. “You could see the replay, but then the referee said, ‘I didn’t see any illegal act.’ I said you better look at the replay.

“(Then) two players collide in the middle of the ice, (Johan) Franzen and Corey Perry, we get a penalty for it. I’m just sick of it in this building.’’

Sure Salami, wtv makes you sleep at night.

Major fail, for a team that clearly won the stanley cup with the helps of the refs they should be the last team complaining about the reffing. :paperbag3:

Edited by KrazyGangsta

They have a case with the Perry call, but its laughable to assert that its because its the Wings or at the Joe. The Wings have gotten screwed by the refs PLENTY of times, both in our barn and others. If you don't want to go shorthanded, don't take penalties, its that simple.

Pretty ridiculous for the DUCKS of all teams to cry foul when they are one of the most notoriously dirty teams of the past decade. They went for Franzen's head in this game (fortunately missed), and got beat, not by bad officiating, but by a solid comeback by the Wings.

I haven't seen a replay of the Kronner hit since the game, was it dirty? Didn't think so at the time, it was clear shoulder. I know that while Kronwall HAS left his feet a few times, he also has the unfortunate habit of letting his skates leave the ice AFTER the hit on the follow-through. Now, for all I know, leaving your feet on the follow-through is just as illegal, but I don't think it is. The refs were looking right at it and didn't call it.

eh, I still think Selanne is awesome. He's just getting cranky in his old age. :D

The Perry call was pretty weak. And like I said in the thread, the Kronwall hit looked borderline to me because of the follow through with the elbow. Mostly the coach tends to set the tone. When they whine, the players follow.

The first period there was crappy calls in our favor....but it was tied after the first. So no it's a two period game. It was tied after the second, so now who ever plays the hardest in the last period wins. Guess which team played the hardest in that last period?

This reminds me of the 08' playoffs with therrien and crosby.

And for the hit, the puck was right in front of selanne and he had his head down.

He lead with his shoulder but did leave his feet.

I don't think he will be suspended, but probably warned/fined.

f*** Teemu i have always hated that piece a s***. Since his first day with the mighty ducks. I know finwing loves him, but i think he is a total *****.

Edited by soultrain

f*** Teemu i have always hated that piece a s***. Since his first day with the mighty ducks. I know finwing loves him, but i think he is a total *****.

Tell us how you really feel :lol:

Selanne did not leave the bench and returned to the ice to take his regular shift.

aka, CRY MOAR YOU WHINY *****.

Cue the pic of the happy Hudlers laughing at Selanne lying on the ice. I could only find the actual pic.

P19-090516-a3.jpg

Edited by Xitium