• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Teemu Selanne whining

Rate this topic

I don't want to hear a dang thing out of Selanne about biased officiating after they allowed the Ducks' 3rd goal. You can say the reffing sucks, and I would agree, but don't sit there and pretend like there was any way you would've been headed toward OT before Datsyuk's last goal without some serious help from the refs. Get. Over. It.

Well when the last time you were in this building a few weeks ago you ran around trying to start fights because you were losing the refs are going to call you tight to keep that out of this game.

Yes there were some bad calls on Anaheim in Detroit's favor, but they made that bed with their actions 3 weeks ago, now they need to sleep in it.

Well when the last time you were in this building a few weeks ago you ran around trying to start fights because you were losing the refs are going to call you tight to keep that out of this game.

Yes there were some bad calls on Anaheim in Detroit's favor, but they made that bed with their actions 3 weeks ago, now they need to sleep in it.

Funny how teams forget that. Kind of like what DMac said a while back..."hockey players have long memories..." Guess refs are the same way. Whodathunk?

Selanne also wasn't thrilled with the officiating crew led by referees Frederick L'Ecuyer and Dan O'Halloran.

"It is a joke," he said. "As long as I have played here, it's always happened. You almost know. They get at least three power plays every first period. ... Like 50-50 calls are going to go in their favor. We knew. It's not a secret for anybody. Plus, there's a young referee who's pumped to do the games here. The calls are going to go in their favor."

As it was talked about in the GDT, regarding Kronwall:

"That guy is dangerous out there," Selanne said. "One of these days somebody's going to get him, for sure. I know that. It's just a matter of time when. For sure his elbow hit in my face. I didn't see the replay but I know how it felt."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Selanne - you was quit when Pronger was elbowing Homer, Cleary, Franzen 3-4 years ago... Selanne = *****

Selanne is without a doubt a world-class player, but he needs to shut up. I understand senior players supporting their (whining) coaches, but really now... this was marginal at best, no one was hurt except your ego. And by the way, poor officiating against the Wings, some of it in this joke of a building, contributed to your name being on the Stanley Cup, so... shhh!

<_<

Guest mindfly

It's funny though, i think i never heard babcock whine about officiating.. only thing he says is like "i don't get to referee the game etc" while almost all other coaches do it on a daily basis..

STAY CLASSY ^_^

I'll give Selanne the benefit of the doubt as I don't think he's this type of person typically.

That being said, I can certainly understand his frustrations with the officiating, I just think he worded his frustrations really bad.

As much as I dislike Corey Perry and love seeing him in the penalty box, that penalty call him early was pretty pitiful, and it just goes to show how terribly inconsistent the officiating and/or NHL rules are in terms of penalty calls, for all teams, Wings and Ducks included.

Hasn't changed much over the years unfortunately.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/ducks_teemu_selanne_says_red_w.html

My favorite parts of the article are just how wrong he is about everything he says :)

"For sure his elbow hit in my face. I didn't see the replay, but I know how it felt."
"That's not the reason why we lost but still, if you get one power play and they get five (they got three), it's a big difference."

And of course, the threat cements the fact that he is completely oblivious to the team he plays on.

"That guy is dangerous out there. One of these days somebody's going to get him, for sure,'' Selanne said. "I know that. It's just a matter of time when."

Sad thing is, I have no doubt we'll see vintage Ducks head hunting in the remaining two games. I understand emotion over a hit or over a teammate being hit, but at what point do these threats - like the ones often said about Ovechkin - warrant a legitimate response by the league?

On one hand, I hate the fact that players can't speak their minds in many instances, so I appreciate candor, but at the same time, isn't that the same as saying "Myself and others have intent to injure" only needing an act to solidify it? Has the Bertuzzi-Moore incident taught us so little? So if Kronwall gets hurt in a suspicious act during a Wings-Ducks game, is intent already applied? In other words, my feeling is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtYjdEwa8GA#t=4m25s

EDIT: Time note didn't work :( so if you don't like the Godfather, specifically one of the greatest scenes in cinema, skip to 4:25

Edited by b.shanafan14

The biggest thing that everyone needs to realize is that Selanne is frustrated that his team is the most penalized team in the league, even though it's their own fault for acting like idiots. He is trying to vent because you can definately tell he is not happy with the way his team is playing the game.

About the hit, I can see why he thinks he got elbowed. Kronwall followed through with his elbow even though initial point of contact was using his shoulder. Kronwall needs to change the style of how he hits because in the future he is going to get major suspensions and fines hitting like that. He needs to learn to stay on his feet (before,during, and after hit) and to keep his arms down so it doesn't even look questionable of being an elbow.

"That guy is dangerous out there," Selanne said. "One of these days somebody's going to get him, for sure. I know that. It's just a matter of time when. For sure his elbow hit in my face. I didn't see the replay but I know how it felt."

Well, Mr. Selanne, it's amazing you felt his elbow hit you when it was clearly a shoulder hit. Maybe you should go watch the replay before you shoot off at the mouth. I don't know why powerplays going to your opposing team is so shocking to a Duck. Your team is full of discipline-less goons.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/ducks_teemu_selanne_says_red_w.html

My favorite parts of the article are just how wrong he is about everything he says :)

And of course, the threat cements the fact that he is completely oblivious to the team he plays on.

Sad thing is, I have no doubt we'll see vintage Ducks head hunting in the remaining two games. I understand emotion over a hit or over a teammate being hit, but at what point do these threats - like the ones often said about Ovechkin - warrant a legitimate response by the league?

On one hand, I hate the fact that players can't speak their minds in many instances, so I appreciate candor, but at the same time, isn't that the same as saying "Myself and others have intent to injure" only needing an act to solidify it? Has the Bertuzzi-Moore incident taught us so little? So if Kronwall gets hurt in a suspicious act during a Wings-Ducks game, is intent already applied? In other words, my feeling is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtYjdEwa8GA#t=4m25s

EDIT: Time note didn't work :( so if you don't like the Godfather, specifically one of the greatest scenes in cinema, skip to 4:25

You get a +1 for bringing in The Godfather to relate to the situation that may occur. Win for you. :thumbup:

I'll give Selanne the benefit of the doubt as I don't think he's this type of person typically.

That being said, I can certainly understand his frustrations with the officiating, I just think he worded his frustrations really bad.

As much as I dislike Corey Perry and love seeing him in the penalty box, that penalty call him early was pretty pitiful, and it just goes to show how terribly inconsistent the officiating and/or NHL rules are in terms of penalty calls, for all teams, Wings and Ducks included.

Hasn't changed much over the years unfortunately.

I didn't see the game, for some reason I couldn't find it on the NHL Center Ice

channels, but I'm wondering if that call on Perry was to send him a message that the refs are watching him, and weren't going to take any cheap shots or head hunting from him. If that was the case, I thank them.

As for Selanne's comments, I find it funny coming from a team who has some of the worst poor sports, goons, head hunters, and cheap shot artists in the game. I have no time for any Anaheim complaining.

I think the problem here is Selanne has got to be the cleanest guy on that team. And I am sure that wasn't nearly as frustrating when they were one of the top teams in the league.

Now he has to watch the PK march out on the ice over and over again, while watching the L's pile up as well.

He came back to win, they have a lot of talent when they are playing the game, when they are gooning it up or whining, they are not very good.

Selanne's frustrations are no doubt adding up, I think he just finally found an outlet and let it go way more than he needed.

I didn't see the game, for some reason I couldn't find it on the NHL Center Ice

channels, but I'm wondering if that call on Perry was to send him a message that the refs are watching him, and weren't going to take any cheap shots or head hunting from him. If that was the case, I thank them.

I would imagine it to be something like that. The game started off chippy and after that episode, it quieted right down. Pretty sure it was more of a message sender than anything.

Sad to see it happen that way, if indeed that was the reasoning, i'd prefer legit calls all the way around, but detroit also gets there share of bad calls so take advantage of it while you can.