• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Teemu Selanne whining

Rate this topic

The first period there was crappy calls in our favor....but it was tied after the first. So no it's a two period game. It was tied after the second, so now who ever plays the hardest in the last period wins. Guess which team played the hardest in that last period?

Precisely.

Having to kill off 3 penalties to 1 in the 1st is not an uncommon situation. The fact that there were no penalties from that point on, left everyone on an even playing field.

Not surprisingly, the game played out VERY evenly. We won in the last 11 seconds.

I fear, some of the players are so use to the refs changing the flow of a game for them, that when it gets cut off they don't know what to do. I'm sure by the end of the second they were thinking "Wtf, where's our powerplays?"

They were kinda sloppy calls, but it makes me wonder......how many games would be so much better, if it was more 5 on 5, and less penalty time.

If Homer screened Avery style there would be a huge uproar among other teams fans. I mean seriously they complain enough about him now.

Barrie you should have used the video of Ovi chanting "Crosby sucks".

And thank you Vladdy, I misunderstood your first post. I agree with you, we are bashed all over other forums with no defense. But also I get why they bash us so much. I mean who wouldnt want a team like the Wings? haha

The more people hate on the Wings the happier I get.

The more people hate on the Wings the happier I get.

Im sure we all do because it means we are doing something right. The part that bothers me is the stupidity of people and the things the make up to back there arguments about the Wings.

Im sure we all do because it means we are doing something right. The part that bothers me is the stupidity of people and the things the make up to back there arguments about the Wings.

Thats why HF is just unbearable to be on. And not to mention Captain Bob over there, that guy is just annoying.

Most people tend to hate what they don't understand. But I agree, it does get annoying. My pet peeve is the too old/slow bit. Seriously... it's been like 15 years of the same argument. When will they let it go?

Edited by Broken 16

Barrie you should have used the video of Ovi chanting "Crosby sucks".

I couldn't find that, but I found this! A little Caps fan chanting "Lets Go Caps" and finishes it off with a "Crosby Sucks"!

Hey I recognize this place, that's the parking garage at the Joe!

Well done!

Ok I've had my fun, back on topic, Anaheim Sucks! :hehe:

Most people tend to hate what they don't understand. But I agree, it does get annoying. My pet peeve is the too old/slow bit. Seriously... it's been like 15 years of the same argument. When will they let it go?

Isn't it cool when you reach that point of fan-dom, where you know deep inside that you've become a true fan.........and then when you're team is the absolute s*** year after year.....

Ah yes. I'm blessed to have lived in this era of Red Wings hockey :)

Isn't it cool when you reach that point of fan-dom, where you know deep inside that you've become a true fan.........and then when you're team is the absolute s*** year after year.....

Ah yes. I'm blessed to have lived in this era of Red Wings hockey :)

Yes. It's very cool. Very few fans in all of professional sports have the luxury of maintaining an "oh well, we'll get em next year!" mentality regarding the Stanley Cup year after year. It's quite a gift. Which brings us to the reason for all the blind hatred and why I like to bask in it. :)

Edited by Broken 16

Yea, another annoying one is that we buy our players. That one still gets thrown around quite a bit.

Haha I was a little off but its during a Caps vs Pens game.

Haha helps if I put the video in right

Edited by Evans_18

I will have to say thats a very true statement. Plus there teams have a lot of band-wagoners that are easy for media to manipulate. They pretty much just started watching because they have a team who can compete now.

As far as I am concerned all the Flames have is Kipper. There team can be pretty dirty too like the ducks. Especially in the playoffs. As for there fans, I have never actually talked to one long enough to know how they are haha.

As far as I am concerned all the Flames have is Kipper. There team can be pretty dirty too like the ducks. Especially in the playoffs. As for there fans, I have never actually talked to one long enough to know how they are haha.

I wouldn't go that far. Iginla is still dangerous, and they have a few forwards like Bourque that can do some damage.

Their goon fest in 2007 was still one of the more embarrassing moments in sports, however.

I wouldn't go that far. Iginla is still dangerous, and they have a few forwards like Bourque that can do some damage.

Their goon fest in 2007 was still one of the more embarrassing moments in sports, however.

So far though Iginla has seemed pretty invisible. As for Bourque though he isnt doing too bad.

This reminds me of the 08' playoffs with therrien and crosby.

And for the hit, the puck was right in front of selanne and he had his head down.

He lead with his shoulder but did leave his feet.

I don't think he will be suspended, but probably warned/fined.

Off topic but look at the speed of Flip coming back to defend halfway through the clip. Awesome.

Selanne is without a doubt a world-class player, but he needs to shut up. I understand senior players supporting their (whining) coaches, but really now... this was marginal at best, no one was hurt except your ego. And by the way, poor officiating against the Wings, some of it in this joke of a building, contributed to your name being on the Stanley Cup, so... shhh!

<_<

this pretty much sums it up. in the playoffs, the refs consume alot of "red hate-o-rade". the penguins can thank uncle gary and the refs for their latest cup as well.

I was gonna make another thread for this but I'll just put it in here...

Carlyle was miffed that the Sharks still had their big stars on the ice for a 5-on-3 power play late in the second period that the Ducks miraclously killed off.

“It was 5-0 and you’ve got Joe Thornton and you got Patrick Marleau and you’ve got Heatley and you’ve got Boyle and you’ve got [Joe] Pavelski on the ice,” he said. ”People don’t forget those things.”

I can't believe how much this guy wines.

Guest scottj

If you can't beat em... cry :crybaby:

How dare the Sharks get their stars some practice on a 5 on 3 when playing me!!! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

They should play their 3rd liners cause, ya know, that'll be more beneficial to them in other games <_<

Edited by scottj