• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Teemu Selanne whining

Rate this topic

Considering who was doing the refereeing, I'm actually shocked that we didn't get more s*** calls against us. O'Halloran hates us with a passion and usually puts the screws to us. I'm ashamed to say he is from my home town. But if he didn't do a bad job (and I haven't watched the game yet, so I don't know), I'd be surprised beyond words.

Guest mindfly

Is there some truth to the alleged O'Halloran hatred for the city of detroit (and therefore also the red wings, yeah that's my logic) because he or someone close to him got shot in detroit?

Edited by mindfly

Is there some truth to the alleged O'Halloran hatred for the city of detroit (and therefore also the red wings, yeah that's my logic) because he or someone close to him got shot in detroit?

If I remember correctly, I think it was him, and back in 1983.

The call on Perry was not weak. That f***** knew where he was on the ice, was leaving for a line change and tried to take Franzen out of the play. I don't believe for a second that it was unintentional and that Perry didn't see him. It was a pick plain and simple. Interference. Good call ref! :thumbup:

esteef

The biggest thing that everyone needs to realize is that Selanne is frustrated that his team is the most penalized team in the league, even though it's their own fault for acting like idiots. He is trying to vent because you can definately tell he is not happy with the way his team is playing the game.

About the hit, I can see why he thinks he got elbowed. Kronwall followed through with his elbow even though initial point of contact was using his shoulder. Kronwall needs to change the style of how he hits because in the future he is going to get major suspensions and fines hitting like that. He needs to learn to stay on his feet (before,during, and after hit) and to keep his arms down so it doesn't even look questionable of being an elbow.

Actually, this.

I think Selanne would know if Kronwall got him in the chin. You can see it in that great photo. The question is if it just grazed it, or if he clipped him pretty good in the jaw.

Otherwise, he's a frustrated player. But step outside a Wings forum and you'll see Kronwall has a reputation for borderline hits and headhunting. I don't think the headhunting one is justified, but borderline hits, definitely. He jumps into them and tends to throw his elbow out.

Though it's kind of fun to hear players and coaches whine about reffing and how much they hate playing at the Joe. Good. It means the Wings are in their head.

Like I said earlier, I think the coach sets the tone. The Wings had a couple weak calls go in their favor, but part of that is because of how many legit penalties the Ducks take every game. Carlyle should be focusing his energy on keeping the Ducks from taking so many stupid penalties, not whining to the press about officiating.

Frustrated teams with poor leadership are the ones who lash out at external things like refs.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well no matter what anyone says aboot Selanne NO ONE will top his goals by a rookie set in 92-93.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::cool::cool::cool::yowza::yowza::yowza:

I didn't see the game, for some reason I couldn't find it on the NHL Center Ice

channels, but I'm wondering if that call on Perry was to send him a message that the refs are watching him, and weren't going to take any cheap shots or head hunting from him. If that was the case, I thank them.

I think that Perry got the "Holmstrom Treatment" on that call; Perry and Franzen collided in an innocent way, but because of the s*** he and his team pulled off at the Wings home owner, Perry wasn't going to get the benefit of the doubt, like Homer almost never gets the benefit of the doubt on "goalie interference". At least, that's how I see it, but, full disclosure, I do need corrective lenses :lol: .

If that hit had been PrickPronger or NiederNuts on Zetterberg, they Du(i)cks would have been screaming for the Wings to "Get some Balls and get over it!" Actually, if it was either of those two ******-nozzles it would be extraordinarily CLEAN considering all the smegma they've smeared around rinks over the years. Now that they suck donkey-dong they have to whine about the refs being mean and those other teams being so nasty and physical. Screw the Du(i)cks and all their band-wagon fans!

Speaking of this, I'd like some people to read that thread and respond to it. I'm not sure if I'm able to at this moment, as I feel my intelligence level was lowered temporarily by the stupidity in there.

I LOL'd when there were some assertions that the Wings were a dirty team.

Kronners hit was borderline. The elbow was on the follow through and I can't see if it hit teemu in the face or not. I'll re watch it a few more times but the way I see it is this. The HIT was clean, if the elbow got teemu during the follow through IN THE HEAD then a suspension is in order. This is my opinion and I'm not sure how the official rules wording is on a follow through elbow.

As far as the wings getting away with a lot, perhaps the Ducks and Teemu need to revisit our first game against them, perhaps the goonery that took place was noted and the refs wanted to keep things in line. Maybe, just maybe 3(?) fights in one game...

one RED WING game got the attention of the refs... or maybe the Ducks are known Goons.

I did not see any calls against either team for 2 periods... were the ducks not ahead by 2 goals when the refs put the whistles away?

Point is this, STFU about dirty hits and no calls if your team is a bunch of goon mongoloids who only know how to injure other players when down by a goal.

Kronners hit was borderline. The elbow was on the follow through and I can't see if it hit teemu in the face or not. I'll re watch it a few more times but the way I see it is this. The HIT was clean, if the elbow got teemu during the follow through IN THE HEAD then a suspension is in order. This is my opinion and I'm not sure how the official rules wording is on a follow through elbow.

As far as the wings getting away with a lot, perhaps the Ducks and Teemu need to revisit our first game against them, perhaps the goonery that took place was noted and the refs wanted to keep things in line. Maybe, just maybe 3(?) fights in one game...

one RED WING game got the attention of the refs... or maybe the Ducks are known Goons.

I did not see any calls against either team for 2 periods... were the ducks not ahead by 2 goals when the refs put the whistles away?

Point is this, STFU about dirty hits and no calls if your team is a bunch of goon mongoloids who only know how to injure other players when down by a goal.

This.

Considering who was doing the refereeing, I'm actually shocked that we didn't get more s*** calls against us. O'Halloran hates us with a passion and usually puts the screws to us. I'm ashamed to say he is from my home town. But if he didn't do a bad job (and I haven't watched the game yet, so I don't know), I'd be surprised beyond words.

This! LOL I didn't get to watch the game, but saying that O'Halloran gives preference to the Wings is beyond laughable.

They have a case with the Perry call, but its laughable to assert that its because its the Wings or at the Joe. The Wings have gotten screwed by the refs PLENTY of times, both in our barn and others. If you don't want to go shorthanded, don't take penalties, its that simple.

Pretty ridiculous for the DUCKS of all teams to cry foul when they are one of the most notoriously dirty teams of the past decade. They went for Franzen's head in this game (fortunately missed), and got beat, not by bad officiating, but by a solid comeback by the Wings.

I haven't seen a replay of the Kronner hit since the game, was it dirty? Didn't think so at the time, it was clear shoulder. I know that while Kronwall HAS left his feet a few times, he also has the unfortunate habit of letting his skates leave the ice AFTER the hit on the follow-through. Now, for all I know, leaving your feet on the follow-through is just as illegal, but I don't think it is. The refs were looking right at it and didn't call it.

Pun Intended? :ninja:

Hey Sheemu there's one simple word to describe it....GENETICS! Just call up old Burkie, he'll explain it to you!

Sort of like this one... Watch how Sheemu demonstrates the proper way to hit an opponent. wait, does he leave his feet AND hit from behind? Damn scooty he does!

Edited by LeftWinger

Normally I like teemu but he needs too look at his team on why they lost. Giving up a 2 goal lead in the second, a 1 goal lead in the third and allowing the game winner with 12 seconds left.

It was a solid hit. Jesus. Selanne's a little pansee. Hopefully Kronwall finds his rhythm again and he starts stepping up and lowering the boom again this year. I don't wanna hear about O'Halloran giving us any breaks either. Maybe Dats needs to pick someone else from the Ducks and kick the s*** out of them too. Looking forward to Abdelkader returning. Hopefully he'll lace 'em up the next time we play these assholes.

Man i never like these threads no matter who starts them... Cuz in all honesty if dats got hit like that from someone on the ducks and dats said something about u guys would back him up and call for a suspension. So all these posts are not valid...

Edited by Duck Guy