• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#61 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:08 PM

The Wings and Ducks got the same amount of penalties in the second and third periods: 0.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#62 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:13 PM

I didn't see the game, for some reason I couldn't find it on the NHL Center Ice
channels, but I'm wondering if that call on Perry was to send him a message that the refs are watching him, and weren't going to take any cheap shots or head hunting from him. If that was the case, I thank them.

I think that Perry got the "Holmstrom Treatment" on that call; Perry and Franzen collided in an innocent way, but because of the s*** he and his team pulled off at the Wings home owner, Perry wasn't going to get the benefit of the doubt, like Homer almost never gets the benefit of the doubt on "goalie interference". At least, that's how I see it, but, full disclosure, I do need corrective lenses :lol: .
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#63 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

If that hit had been PrickPronger or NiederNuts on Zetterberg, they Du(i)cks would have been screaming for the Wings to "Get some Balls and get over it!" Actually, if it was either of those two ******-nozzles it would be extraordinarily CLEAN considering all the smegma they've smeared around rinks over the years. Now that they suck donkey-dong they have to whine about the refs being mean and those other teams being so nasty and physical. Screw the Du(i)cks and all their band-wagon fans!

#64 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

The Wings and Ducks got the same amount of penalties in the second and third periods: 0.

According to the genius Carlyle, the Wings have five powerplays.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#65 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

I love when other fans think the officials love the Wings.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#66 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

If you're looking for sympathy, you'll find it between s*** and syphilis in the dictionary
--Amy Sedaris

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#67 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

Speaking of this, I'd like some people to read that thread and respond to it. I'm not sure if I'm able to at this moment, as I feel my intelligence level was lowered temporarily by the stupidity in there.

I LOL'd when there were some assertions that the Wings were a dirty team.

#68 RedWingsFan13

RedWingsFan13

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:49 PM

Kronners hit was borderline. The elbow was on the follow through and I can't see if it hit teemu in the face or not. I'll re watch it a few more times but the way I see it is this. The HIT was clean, if the elbow got teemu during the follow through IN THE HEAD then a suspension is in order. This is my opinion and I'm not sure how the official rules wording is on a follow through elbow.
As far as the wings getting away with a lot, perhaps the Ducks and Teemu need to revisit our first game against them, perhaps the goonery that took place was noted and the refs wanted to keep things in line. Maybe, just maybe 3(?) fights in one game...
one RED WING game got the attention of the refs... or maybe the Ducks are known Goons.

I did not see any calls against either team for 2 periods... were the ducks not ahead by 2 goals when the refs put the whistles away?

Point is this, STFU about dirty hits and no calls if your team is a bunch of goon mongoloids who only know how to injure other players when down by a goal.

#69 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

Kronners hit was borderline. The elbow was on the follow through and I can't see if it hit teemu in the face or not. I'll re watch it a few more times but the way I see it is this. The HIT was clean, if the elbow got teemu during the follow through IN THE HEAD then a suspension is in order. This is my opinion and I'm not sure how the official rules wording is on a follow through elbow.
As far as the wings getting away with a lot, perhaps the Ducks and Teemu need to revisit our first game against them, perhaps the goonery that took place was noted and the refs wanted to keep things in line. Maybe, just maybe 3(?) fights in one game...
one RED WING game got the attention of the refs... or maybe the Ducks are known Goons.

I did not see any calls against either team for 2 periods... were the ducks not ahead by 2 goals when the refs put the whistles away?

Point is this, STFU about dirty hits and no calls if your team is a bunch of goon mongoloids who only know how to injure other players when down by a goal.

This.

#70 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

Considering who was doing the refereeing, I'm actually shocked that we didn't get more s*** calls against us. O'Halloran hates us with a passion and usually puts the screws to us. I'm ashamed to say he is from my home town. But if he didn't do a bad job (and I haven't watched the game yet, so I don't know), I'd be surprised beyond words.

This! LOL I didn't get to watch the game, but saying that O'Halloran gives preference to the Wings is beyond laughable.

#71 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

They have a case with the Perry call, but its laughable to assert that its because its the Wings or at the Joe. The Wings have gotten screwed by the refs PLENTY of times, both in our barn and others. If you don't want to go shorthanded, don't take penalties, its that simple.

Pretty ridiculous for the DUCKS of all teams to cry foul when they are one of the most notoriously dirty teams of the past decade. They went for Franzen's head in this game (fortunately missed), and got beat, not by bad officiating, but by a solid comeback by the Wings.

I haven't seen a replay of the Kronner hit since the game, was it dirty? Didn't think so at the time, it was clear shoulder. I know that while Kronwall HAS left his feet a few times, he also has the unfortunate habit of letting his skates leave the ice AFTER the hit on the follow-through. Now, for all I know, leaving your feet on the follow-through is just as illegal, but I don't think it is. The refs were looking right at it and didn't call it.

Pun Intended? :ninja:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#72 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

Hey Sheemu there's one simple word to describe it....GENETICS! Just call up old Burkie, he'll explain it to you!

Sort of like this one... Watch how Sheemu demonstrates the proper way to hit an opponent. wait, does he leave his feet AND hit from behind? Damn scooty he does!

Edited by LeftWinger, 24 October 2010 - 08:09 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#73 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:48 PM

Wait a minute. This guy plays on the team that is year after year the most penalized team in the league. And he's complaining about the officials calling too many penalties on his team?

Are you kidding me?
Do or do not. There is no try

#74 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Normally I like teemu but he needs too look at his team on why they lost. Giving up a 2 goal lead in the second, a 1 goal lead in the third and allowing the game winner with 12 seconds left.

#75 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Wait a minute. This guy plays on the team that is year after year the most penalized team in the league. And he's complaining about the officials calling too many penalties on his team?

Are you kidding me?

Teemu kids you not.

#76 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

It was a solid hit. Jesus. Selanne's a little pansee. Hopefully Kronwall finds his rhythm again and he starts stepping up and lowering the boom again this year. I don't wanna hear about O'Halloran giving us any breaks either. Maybe Dats needs to pick someone else from the Ducks and kick the s*** out of them too. Looking forward to Abdelkader returning. Hopefully he'll lace 'em up the next time we play these assholes.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#77 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

Man i never like these threads no matter who starts them... Cuz in all honesty if dats got hit like that from someone on the ducks and dats said something about u guys would back him up and call for a suspension. So all these posts are not valid...

Edited by Duck Guy, 25 October 2010 - 12:15 AM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#78 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:30 AM

oh they're not valid? alright. guys shut it down! this "ducks guy" says that our criticism over a ducks players criticism is not valid! shut it down!

wow... calgary fans are getting pretty high on my "worst fans" list

they're actin like a bunch of jealous *******... I mean why should they? oh wait

that's right. they're calgary fans lol

#79 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

The amount of hate for the Wings is hilarious. People look for any excuse to hate them. Detroit gets favored by officials? Please....
I find particularly amusing how now its the Ducks fans "whining". When ever a Wings fan or player questions a hit or call the ducks fans are always the first ones to arrive and tell them to stfu and quit crying your team is soft etc.... Anyone see the thread on HF over the Franzen hit? Its all fun and games until it happens to one of their players :lol:

#80 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

Selanne's just pissed 'cause he really wants to be a Detroit Red Wing :rolleyes:

'Evolution' created by Offsides