• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#81 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

Man i never like these threads no matter who starts them... Cuz in all honesty if dats got hit like that from someone on the ducks and dats said something about u guys would back him up and call for a suspension. So all these posts are not valid...

100% wrong...if any Wing past or present got hit like that I wouldn't say a damn thing. It was a clean hit.

There is a reason there is no buzz around the league about the hit....it's because there was nothing wrong with it.

Edited by wingfan13, 25 October 2010 - 01:31 AM.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#82 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:31 AM

The hit didn't even make the NHL On The Fly highlights from the game. That should tell you how insignificant it was.... But yeah, let every hater have their own little conspiracy theories against us.

In other news, it must have been a bumper crop of grapes this year, because I sure hear a whole lot of whining going on.

#83 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

Man i never like these threads no matter who starts them... Cuz in all honesty if dats got hit like that from someone on the ducks and dats said something about u guys would back him up and call for a suspension. So all these posts are not valid...

I know exactly what you are saying, but isn't this just part of the fun of supporting any sports team?

#84 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

This is why I don't go to other websites, and wished I hadn't clicked on that link: you just can't argue with some people.

Laughable hearing anyone, players or fans, from a team of punks like Anaheim or Calgary, complaining about penalties.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#85 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:02 AM

I know exactly what you are saying, but isn't this just part of the fun of supporting any sports team?

I can agree with this, but I also tend to think that the majority of Red Wings fans are more hockey savvy than the Quackers are.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#86 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:28 AM

I can agree with this, but I also tend to think that the majority of Red Wings fans are more hockey savvy than the Quackers are.

I don't think that was in any doubt.

#87 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

Teemu, while a world class player, is also an excellent whiner. Like some other posters have pointed out, he just sick of losing I think.

#88 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

Teemu, while a world class player, is also an excellent whiner. Like some other posters have pointed out, he just sick of losing I think.

If the Ducks are out of it come March, what are the chances of him being dealt to a contender for one last go at it?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#89 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

If the Ducks are out of it come March, what are the chances of him being dealt to a contender for one last go at it?

I would say those chances would have to be good. Im too lazy to look up his salary though, that will be a big factor.

#90 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

I would say those chances would have to be good. Im too lazy to look up his salary though, that will be a big factor.

$3.25 million this season.

#91 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

Speaking of this, I'd like some people to read that thread and respond to it. I'm not sure if I'm able to at this moment, as I feel my intelligence level was lowered temporarily by the stupidity in there.

I LOL'd when there were some assertions that the Wings were a dirty team.

Oh I am so responding to this. I read through that thread and it was ridiculous.

#92 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

Oh I am so responding to this. I read through that thread and it was ridiculous.

Care to post your response?

#93 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

I'm not so sure. you'd think he would've done that this year. I mean, it was pretty clear the Ducks were not going to be a frontrunner for the Cup this season, but I remember hearing Teemu saying he would either play for the Ducks or retire.

Who knows though...

#94 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

Care to post your response?

Ill post my response in a few, I have not got around to it yet, had a few things to take care of first.

#95 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

I just think it's funny the Ducks have the balls to complain after all the stuff they've pulled.

#96 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

There damn forum needs to activate me account so I can post haha

#97 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

Being Red Wings fans, we're obviously not supposed to be biased in favor of the Wings.

Go Ducks! Go Sharks! Go Avs! Go Devils! Go Preds! Go Blues! Go Hawks! Go Leafs! Go Habs!

#98 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

Go Ducks! Go Sharks! Go Avs! Go Devils! Go Preds! Go Blues! Go Hawks! Go Leafs! Go Habs!

Haha, I like how you forgot about the Pens.

#99 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

Being Red Wings fans, we're obviously not supposed to be biased in favor of the Wings.

I know we're not supposed to but I think the fans of any sports team will always see things through rose tinted
specs when it comes to their team.

Edit: just talking in generalities, don't agree with Selanne

Edited by FifeHockeyNut, 25 October 2010 - 12:39 PM.

#100 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

There damn forum needs to activate me account so I can post haha

Are you a pirate? :pirate: