• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

I will have to say thats a very true statement. Plus there teams have a lot of band-wagoners that are easy for media to manipulate. They pretty much just started watching because they have a team who can compete now.

#142 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

You think that fans of Canadian teams like Calgary would be able to rise above that level.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#143 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

As far as I am concerned all the Flames have is Kipper. There team can be pretty dirty too like the ducks. Especially in the playoffs. As for there fans, I have never actually talked to one long enough to know how they are haha.

#144 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

As far as I am concerned all the Flames have is Kipper. There team can be pretty dirty too like the ducks. Especially in the playoffs. As for there fans, I have never actually talked to one long enough to know how they are haha.

I wouldn't go that far. Iginla is still dangerous, and they have a few forwards like Bourque that can do some damage.

Their goon fest in 2007 was still one of the more embarrassing moments in sports, however.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#145 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:29 PM

I wouldn't go that far. Iginla is still dangerous, and they have a few forwards like Bourque that can do some damage.

Their goon fest in 2007 was still one of the more embarrassing moments in sports, however.

So far though Iginla has seemed pretty invisible. As for Bourque though he isnt doing too bad.

#146 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

You think that fans of Canadian teams like Calgary would be able to rise above that level.

Just like the fans of the Canadian national team last year. :ph34r:

#147 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

This reminds me of the 08' playoffs with therrien and crosby.

And for the hit, the puck was right in front of selanne and he had his head down.

He lead with his shoulder but did leave his feet.

I don't think he will be suspended, but probably warned/fined.

Off topic but look at the speed of Flip coming back to defend halfway through the clip. Awesome.
Thank You TeeMan

#148 Evans_18

Evans_18

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

Watching someone try to throw an elbow like that at Franzen pisses me off.

#149 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

Selanne is without a doubt a world-class player, but he needs to shut up. I understand senior players supporting their (whining) coaches, but really now... this was marginal at best, no one was hurt except your ego. And by the way, poor officiating against the Wings, some of it in this joke of a building, contributed to your name being on the Stanley Cup, so... shhh!

<_<

this pretty much sums it up. in the playoffs, the refs consume alot of "red hate-o-rade". the penguins can thank uncle gary and the refs for their latest cup as well.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#150 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:08 PM

I was gonna make another thread for this but I'll just put it in here...

Carlyle was miffed that the Sharks still had their big stars on the ice for a 5-on-3 power play late in the second period that the Ducks miraclously killed off.

“It was 5-0 and you’ve got Joe Thornton and you got Patrick Marleau and you’ve got Heatley and you’ve got Boyle and you’ve got [Joe] Pavelski on the ice,” he said. ”People don’t forget those things.”

I can't believe how much this guy wines.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#151 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

If you can't beat em... cry :crybaby:

How dare the Sharks get their stars some practice on a 5 on 3 when playing me!!! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

They should play their 3rd liners cause, ya know, that'll be more beneficial to them in other games <_<

Edited by scottj, 31 October 2010 - 02:56 PM.