• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Kronwall's Hit on Selanne:

Rate this topic

Suspendable or Not?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly, he lead with the shoulder and the puck was right in front of selanne.

I don't see how he can get suspended (Not a blindside hit + The ref didn't think it was dirty)

I'd be shocked if he was suspended.

Edited by Pat

If you are really bored go check out the 13 page rage fest about this hit on HF. Entertaining stuff.

Anyways, north-south hit, Selanne saw it coming, Kronner didnt leave his feet until after he made contact, and its not even an elbow. The league isnt going to do anything.

Edited by cjm502

Guest Stolberg

looks to me like kronwall caught selanne's chin with a little bit of elbow but most of the hit was shoulder

he was on one foot when he hit him but he left his feet afterwards. problem is kronwall leans too far forward when he goes for hits like that. it's annoying.

I'd say legal by current rules, though I don't think it should be.

Kronwall is a headhunter. I kind of agree with Selanne that sooner or later someone is going to get him for it. I almost hope he gets suspended for it, maybe that would get him to straighten up.

the hit was fine, it was the follow through (elbow going up and skates leaving the ice) that make it questionable.

He will get a talkin to and thats all, especially since Selanne was not hurt.

Kronwall is a headhunter. I kind of agree with Selanne that sooner or later someone is going to get him for it. I almost hope he gets suspended for it, maybe that would get him to straighten up.

Kronner has already been the victim of a few dirty knee-on-knee hits, remember last season?

Imo there wasn't really anything wrong with this hit.

I'd say legal by current rules, though I don't think it should be.

Then Beleskey should be banned for a life in NHL for his stupid elbow attempt on Franzen.

Great hit by Kronwall - keep going

why don't we just make the entire sport no-contact, and I can quit watching? By the way, I think the guy they suspended the other night for grabbing a fan ought to get a bonus -- the fan asked for it -- and LOVED it, no doubt. They're playing hockey, not tiddly-winks. Jeez.

oh, ummm, GO KRONNER!! :thumbup:

Honestly, he lead with the shoulder and the puck was right in front of selanne.

I don't see how he can get suspended (Not a blindside hit + The ref didn't think it was dirty)

I'd be shocked if he was suspended.

Boarderline dirty hit like every one of his big one's.... Wasn't blind side, didn't have much choice in where to hit him due to positioning, he did left his feet though and looked like some elbow action. Debatable either way.. I wouldn't suspend that hit.

Boarderline dirty hit like every one of his big one's.... Wasn't blind side, didn't have much choice in where to hit him due to positioning, he did left his feet though and looked like some elbow action. Debatable either way.. I wouldn't suspend that hit.

Clean hit, just needs to modify his follow through so it doesn't look as bad.

In some sense it was a defensive hit too. He had the puck and saw someone bearing down on him. Most other Ducks would have finished the check on Kronner, and that is what he was prepared for. Instead, Selanne let up and was Krushed.

You know with the track record we have with the Ducks and all of their cheap ass hits and what not, they have this stuff coming as well. Keep your head up Teemu! Im glad that our guys are starting the hits instead of receiving them!!

Edited by Donaldjr2448

No way now how was this hit either dirty or illegal. Both players body positioning just happened to be right for their to be head contact. There is nothing Kronwall did or could have done differently. It is going to happen from time to time. It is just the nature of the sport.

All I will say is if he gets a game for that attention getter on Selanne, then the NHL can suck it. Those hits from the Blackhawks in that second game this year were way worse. Also have seen worse offenses to the head from other guys in other games so far this year. Suspensions from them: ZERO. Only suspension I have seen is on that jackass Rypien.

So much for the NHL cracking down on head shot and unnecessary blind side hits.

(And yes, I am quite upset at the leagues inability to properly enforce their rules and regulations)

Then Beleskey should be banned for a life in NHL for his stupid elbow attempt on Franzen.

Yea I think that blatant attempt to hit a man in the head with a history of concussions was a lot worse than the Kronwall hit.

Seeing guys who hit from behind causing concussions only get 2 games, Kronwall's hit won't get anything.

why don't we just make the entire sport no-contact, and I can quit watching? By the way, I think the guy they suspended the other night for grabbing a fan ought to get a bonus -- the fan asked for it -- and LOVED it, no doubt. They're playing hockey, not tiddly-winks. Jeez.

oh, ummm, GO KRONNER!! :thumbup:

This might be the angriest post I've ever seen from you.

Those hits from the Blackhawks in that second game this year were way worse. Also have seen worse offenses to the head from other guys in other games so far this year. Suspensions from them: ZERO. Only suspension I have seen is on that jackass Rypien.

So much for the NHL cracking down on head shot and unnecessary blind side hits.

(And yes, I am quite upset at the leagues inability to properly enforce their rules and regulations)

This and don't forget Fistric's "legal" hit to Franzen in the Dallas game. Selanne saw him there and did nothing to protect himself. What's Kronner supposed to do let him go by with the puck or dive at his knees? Good hit, f*** the Ducks.

esteef

I'm seeing this rivalry heating up now...future games should be fun to watch :)

I'm disappointed I missed it, but I've always loved watching games against the Ducks. Since 2007 they may be our biggest rivalry. (Arguable between them and the Pens for sure though)

I say it was clean. Won't get suspended, NHL.com has a highlight of it under the title of "Lowering the Boom"