• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:32 AM

Honestly, he lead with the shoulder and the puck was right in front of selanne.

I don't see how he can get suspended (Not a blindside hit + The ref didn't think it was dirty)

I'd be shocked if he was suspended.

Edited by Pat, 24 October 2010 - 12:35 AM.

#2 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:47 AM

If you are really bored go check out the 13 page rage fest about this hit on HF. Entertaining stuff.
Anyways, north-south hit, Selanne saw it coming, Kronner didnt leave his feet until after he made contact, and its not even an elbow. The league isnt going to do anything.

Edited by cjm502, 24 October 2010 - 12:50 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

looks to me like kronwall caught selanne's chin with a little bit of elbow but most of the hit was shoulder

he was on one foot when he hit him but he left his feet afterwards. problem is kronwall leans too far forward when he goes for hits like that. it's annoying.

#4 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:33 AM

I'd say legal by current rules, though I don't think it should be.

Kronwall is a headhunter. I kind of agree with Selanne that sooner or later someone is going to get him for it. I almost hope he gets suspended for it, maybe that would get him to straighten up.

#5 acidroach420

acidroach420

You know I've got a soft spot for hot dogs

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

the hit was fine, it was the follow through (elbow going up and skates leaving the ice) that make it questionable.

He will get a talkin to and thats all, especially since Selanne was not hurt.

#6 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

Kronwall is a headhunter. I kind of agree with Selanne that sooner or later someone is going to get him for it. I almost hope he gets suspended for it, maybe that would get him to straighten up.

Kronner has already been the victim of a few dirty knee-on-knee hits, remember last season?

Imo there wasn't really anything wrong with this hit.

#7 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

I'd say legal by current rules, though I don't think it should be.

Then Beleskey should be banned for a life in NHL for his stupid elbow attempt on Franzen.

Great hit by Kronwall - keep going
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#8 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

why don't we just make the entire sport no-contact, and I can quit watching? By the way, I think the guy they suspended the other night for grabbing a fan ought to get a bonus -- the fan asked for it -- and LOVED it, no doubt. They're playing hockey, not tiddly-winks. Jeez.

oh, ummm, GO KRONNER!! :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#9 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

Honestly, he lead with the shoulder and the puck was right in front of selanne.

I don't see how he can get suspended (Not a blindside hit + The ref didn't think it was dirty)

I'd be shocked if he was suspended.

Boarderline dirty hit like every one of his big one's.... Wasn't blind side, didn't have much choice in where to hit him due to positioning, he did left his feet though and looked like some elbow action. Debatable either way.. I wouldn't suspend that hit.

#10 JoshuaW92

JoshuaW92

Finnish Wing

• 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:43 AM

Boarderline dirty hit like every one of his big one's.... Wasn't blind side, didn't have much choice in where to hit him due to positioning, he did left his feet though and looked like some elbow action. Debatable either way.. I wouldn't suspend that hit.

Clean hit, just needs to modify his follow through so it doesn't look as bad.

#11 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

It was pure accident that it hit Selanne in the head. Not trying to be a homer. It was a bad hit for Selanne to take, no question, but it wasn't illegal.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#12 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

In some sense it was a defensive hit too. He had the puck and saw someone bearing down on him. Most other Ducks would have finished the check on Kronner, and that is what he was prepared for. Instead, Selanne let up and was Krushed.

works every time

#13 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

You know with the track record we have with the Ducks and all of their cheap ass hits and what not, they have this stuff coming as well. Keep your head up Teemu! Im glad that our guys are starting the hits instead of receiving them!!

Edited by Donaldjr2448, 24 October 2010 - 10:01 AM.

#14 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

No way now how was this hit either dirty or illegal. Both players body positioning just happened to be right for their to be head contact. There is nothing Kronwall did or could have done differently. It is going to happen from time to time. It is just the nature of the sport.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#15 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

All I will say is if he gets a game for that attention getter on Selanne, then the NHL can suck it. Those hits from the Blackhawks in that second game this year were way worse. Also have seen worse offenses to the head from other guys in other games so far this year. Suspensions from them: ZERO. Only suspension I have seen is on that jackass Rypien.

So much for the NHL cracking down on head shot and unnecessary blind side hits.

(And yes, I am quite upset at the leagues inability to properly enforce their rules and regulations)
mccarty3

#16 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

If you watch the video on NHL.com explaining the new rules regarding hits to the head, this one would be deemed legal. The way he leaves his feet afterwards makes it appear borderline, but I would still consider the hit to be legal.

#17 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

Then Beleskey should be banned for a life in NHL for his stupid elbow attempt on Franzen.

Yea I think that blatant attempt to hit a man in the head with a history of concussions was a lot worse than the Kronwall hit.

Seeing guys who hit from behind causing concussions only get 2 games, Kronwall's hit won't get anything.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#18 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:13 PM

why don't we just make the entire sport no-contact, and I can quit watching? By the way, I think the guy they suspended the other night for grabbing a fan ought to get a bonus -- the fan asked for it -- and LOVED it, no doubt. They're playing hockey, not tiddly-winks. Jeez.

oh, ummm, GO KRONNER!! :thumbup:

This might be the angriest post I've ever seen from you.

#19 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

Those hits from the Blackhawks in that second game this year were way worse. Also have seen worse offenses to the head from other guys in other games so far this year. Suspensions from them: ZERO. Only suspension I have seen is on that jackass Rypien.

So much for the NHL cracking down on head shot and unnecessary blind side hits.

(And yes, I am quite upset at the leagues inability to properly enforce their rules and regulations)

This and don't forget Fistric's "legal" hit to Franzen in the Dallas game. Selanne saw him there and did nothing to protect himself. What's Kronner supposed to do let him go by with the puck or dive at his knees? Good hit, f*** the Ducks.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

legal, but on the edge because of the elbow. Not suspension-worthy though.