• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:26 AM

Todd Bertuzzi. 2 goals, 7 assists in 7 games.

“Bert’s been excellent, Bert’s been way better than we ever could have hoped when we got him back the second time (in August 2009),” Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. “He’s playing way better than I ever anticipated without the puck, way more committed that way. He’s become a real important part of our team.

“He’s a great guy and a great teammate and a good person, and I’m thrilled to have him here.”

Read more

I've always liked the guy, and he's seriously becoming one of my favourite Wings. Like Mike said, his work defensively, his willingness to back check has been superb so far this season, the best I've ever seen in that regard. Loving the second line. :thumbup:

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 24 October 2010 - 07:30 AM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#2 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:56 AM

Great start for Bert this year, let's hope he keeps it up!

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#3 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

He's been GREAT so far!!! Flip-Franzen-Bert :thumbup:
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#4 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

I was more than willing to see Bert given a chance as a Wing. He took it and he's been great. He does his job, and does it well, never makes waves, and has been an asset to the team. What's not to like? Go, Bert! :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#5 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

Sign me up here too... Bert has been great and noticeably seems to have improved a lot on his play without the puck hustling to get position and help out. The whole second line has been amazing, let hope they keep it going and the Fil starts to find the back of the net some more too.

Great job Bert!

#6 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

Nice article here too. Link

Some days I feel like I'm old but I'm going to chase that Cup until I can't walk."

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#7 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Nice article here too. Link

Cool article... thanks for sharing that!

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:54 AM

I'm a sap I guess, but Bertuzzi must feel really great here in Detroit. He's spent the last few years being treated like trash or crapped on by fans, playing for mediocre teams and frustrated that his game seemed to be gone. Now, he's found a solid place on a great team where he's relied on and appreciated by fans and his coach, that's gotta feel good.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

^^^ yep, who wouldn't want to be a Red Wing? :)

I hope Modano has the same experience here. He wasn't crapped on in Dallas (the fans adore him to this day, rightfully so), but he had to feel a bit cast aside that the franchise wasn't willing to let him finish his career as a Star. My hope is that he prospers as a Red Wing, and we're the richer for his signing with us.

Bert has earned his place in Detroit and I couldn't be happier for him.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#10 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

Posted Image

#11 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

A little bit of man-love here too. The two things I've been impressed with are his ability to hang on to the puck, and his willingness to shoot more. What a 2nd line!!!
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#12 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

The man's paid his penance & it's great to see him getting comfortable in the Winged Wheel. Plus you can't beat a name like the BFF line. Hope they can keep this up all year.

#13 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

The perfect thread for a user whose name rhymes with ReaperDan.

#14 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

Some really great quotes:

"I can tell you, it's pretty amazing to watch those guys, what they can still do with the way they skate and move the puck".

"And playing with Franzen ... he's the guy who makes our line. He's big, he plays with an edge, he's got a great shot and he gets to the net like few others in this league. He reminds me a little of a guy I used to know but that was a long time ago."

"Actually, Johan and I started to develop a little chemistry last year in the playoffs playing with [Henrik] Zetterberg and it's coming a little this year, too. But with me having been out and him being out most of last year, we haven't had that much time together. With Val, he just seems to skate better every year I see him."

"I'm telling you, every team in this conference just seems to be getting better. Every game is like a grudge match out there and they all play the same, tight-checking game with no room. You sometimes fly four hours to get to a game like that. It's tough but we're having a lot of fun."

"I have to credit coach [Mike] Babcock for really helping turn me around here," he says of the Olympic gold-medal coach. "He's been on me and made me responsible defensively. He's showed a lot of confidence in me, putting me out in the last minute of games.

"It's an organization that makes you feel young because every time you come to the rink you know you've got a good chance to win, and that makes a huge difference. I mean there's so many good players, it's like a football camp going into our power-play meetings. It's been a perfect fit for me."

#15 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#16 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:42 PM

Todd Bertuzzi is lazy and sucks! Trade him for a bag of pucks. Posted Image

http://www.letsgowin...-bertuzzi-sucks

I always liked the guy, never understood why he was so hated last season.

GO BERT Posted Image
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#17 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,948 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:50 PM

I remember that thread. Oh how times have changed.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#18 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Todd Bertuzzi. 2 goals, 7 assists in 7 games.

Read more

I've always liked the guy, and he's seriously becoming one of my favourite Wings. Like Mike said, his work defensively, his willingness to back check has been superb so far this season, the best I've ever seen in that regard. Loving the second line. :thumbup:

Let him go 2 games without a point, and we'll see a "Bertuzzi needs to go!!" thread pop up. :-p

Ahh, the fickle fickle life of fans.

I never didn't like him. He has ALWAYS, ALWAYS brought something to any team he has played for. He's streaky. He is not often the best defensively, but that dude has always been known for Game winning goals, and strong playoff performances.

He's the kind of player you can't always count on, but when you need him the most, he shows up.

The fact that he's leading our team in points, shows that our second line is genius. And as of last night, I'd qualify our first line as genius too.

Good thing we have Hudler, Modano, and Cleary to talk s*** about, until, ya know, Bert starts slumping again.

Makes me miss the old days, back in 97 when Wings fans weren't smart enough to figure out anything more than the announcers told us. Ah the glory days of ignorance and bliss :)

Bert is just doing what we brought him in years ago to do. Those of you who don't remember a younger Bert, before he played for the Wings, prior to his injuries he was an offensive force, and a physical force. A relatively notable one. He's been up and down for years, torn between having a natural skill for the game, and a body that has taken too much of a beating.

Glad he's felling well this year :)

Edited by Joseph Franks, 24 October 2010 - 02:10 PM.

#19 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:07 PM

HE will have a fantastic year as long as he stays healthy. He is also signed through next year correct?
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#20 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

The perfect thread for a user whose name rhymes with ReaperDan.

Please, no :no:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image