• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

The Todd Appreciation Station

Rate this topic

He more than doubled his PIM total in one game, and if that happens 20 games into the season than that's telling me he hasn't been taking very many penalties.

It probably helps that the "one hand on the stick the other taking a penalty" syndrome seems to have been remedied.

Ya... It's actually a little harder to spot him on the ice anymore. He blends in with the rest of the players with two hands on their stick. :)

Edited by Broken 16

I always liked Bert as a Wing. I was happy when we signed him again because I had a real good feeling that on his end, he signed because he knew leaving was a mistake. Translation: he wouldn't be taking this for granted. He proved it last year and he's proving it even more this year. No better place than Detroit to find redemption and I hope he wins a Cup here. You can tell he's playing for that Cup, maybe this year even more than last. I love the effort he's made and I couldn't be happier to have him as a Wing.

This.

Bertuzzi has been fantastic this year, it seems he is really buying into the system, and getting very comfortable in his role. He is not floating in the defensive zone, and is playing a very solid 2-way game. You can tell that he is happy on this team, and he is motivated to win. I hope he can stay healthy and make an impact that he is capable of when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

This.

Bertuzzi has been fantastic this year, it seems he is really buying into the system, and getting very comfortable in his role. He is not floating in the defensive zone, and is playing a very solid 2-way game. You can tell that he is happy on this team, and he is motivated to win. I hope he can stay healthy and make an impact that he is capable of when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

Yes.

While he will never be the Toddzilla of '02, he is proving to be quite a valueable Red Wing and a helluva bargain.

It's good to see Bert putting in effort. As long as he keeps it up, he is a great signing.

When he was scoring single goals per game or setting up nice assists, you were monaing/groaning about him.

Short term memory loss?

When he was scoring single goals per game or setting up nice assists, you were monaing/groaning about him.

Short term memory loss?

No I wasn't. I was groaning about him when he was floating and never battling and racking up an assist every other game for pretty much being on the ice.

Good to see the big dumb lug having a decent year. I wished him well when he left Vancouver but everyone knew it was time for him to go so both the Canucks and Bert could put the past behind them.

And hey, it's not like the Canucks are suffering right now without him. You guys just need to get some healthy dmen back on the bench.

And hey, it's not like the Canucks are suffering right now without him. You guys just need to get some healthy dmen back on the bench.

Hamhuis and Ballard back this week. Bieksa in about two and Edler should be back in 5 or 6 weeks and in time for the playoffs. If that all comes to pass it will be the first time all year we've had all our top 6 in the line-up.

Back to Bert... I remember watching him with the Canucks back in the late '90's before anyone had any idea what he could do. He'd make those wide charges down the wing, cut in and roof the puck on the backhand. I knew he was gonna be something special. Good to see he's happy again now.

Have to say I'm quite impressed with Bert this season. More so than last. Really earning his pay out there. He's fitted in very well along side Franzen. Hopefully his consistency continues into the postseason. Like nothing else, postseason #'s are where it's at.....

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

No I wasn't. I was groaning about him when he was floating and never battling and racking up an assist every other game for pretty much being on the ice.

He did battle and part of his game is entering the zone, passing the puck off, floating to create space, and shooting....

He floated/trailed on that late goal against the Panthers.

Anyways, keep up whatever you are doing Bert