• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#41 58Miles2Joe

58Miles2Joe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

Y'all are just saying these nice things about Bert so he won't eat your children :ph34r:

Posted Image

I believe in the end its a simple, simple game; no different than my two youngest fightin in the living room; you draw a line in the sand, and you decide who wants the ball more. And that's what hockey's about. - Babblecock

#42 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

I always liked Bert as a Wing. I was happy when we signed him again because I had a real good feeling that on his end, he signed because he knew leaving was a mistake. Translation: he wouldn't be taking this for granted. He proved it last year and he's proving it even more this year. No better place than Detroit to find redemption and I hope he wins a Cup here. You can tell he's playing for that Cup, maybe this year even more than last. I love the effort he's made and I couldn't be happier to have him as a Wing.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#43 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

Not sure I follow.

I think he means April.

#44 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

I always liked Bert as a Wing. I was happy when we signed him again because I had a real good feeling that on his end, he signed because he knew leaving was a mistake. Translation: he wouldn't be taking this for granted. He proved it last year and he's proving it even more this year. No better place than Detroit to find redemption and I hope he wins a Cup here. You can tell he's playing for that Cup, maybe this year even more than last. I love the effort he's made and I couldn't be happier to have him as a Wing.

I agree. He really wants to win this year. I think he did last year, too, but he was still getting over nagging injuries and finding his groove. Now he's healthy for the first time in a long time and he's an established part of this team. I hope he stays as long as he can.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#45 Jett1913

Jett1913

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

Dear Dirty Bert,

i'm sorry for saying mean things about you in the past. i was wrong. i'm also sorry for sandwiching your name in between a barrage of profanity. i didn't realize that sloppy passes, turn overs, and stupid penalties was just your way of warming up to awesome. i hope you'll forgive me someday.

#46 historywillbemade

historywillbemade

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

Bert has had his rough years for sure. I really have respected seeing him change his play a lot from last year. This year he has transformed himself into the ultimate team-player! and it is having a huge positive impact on the wings that play with him! He has been doing well on every line he has had to play on and with any of the players he has had to play with.

It is obvious how much he enjoys the Detroit environment and why he has worked so hard to buy into the team structure and style.
”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.” - Jacques Plante

”It takes brains. It's not like a forward, where you can get away with scoring and not play defense. On defense you have to be thinking.” - Chris Chelios

#47 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

And he's become really defensively reliable. I'm loving Bertuzzi on this team.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#48 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

6pim
The 2 in the 2nd resulted in a Calgary point.
He high sticked Franzen in the face.

Sigh.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#49 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

6pim

Sigh.

At least he didn't get called for the high stick to Franzen. That's a plus.

#50 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

6pim

Sigh.

And then he assisted on the winning goal.

Edited by Crymson, 21 November 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#51 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

He more than doubled his PIM total in one game, and if that happens 20 games into the season than that's telling me he hasn't been taking very many penalties.

It probably helps that the "one hand on the stick the other taking a penalty" syndrome seems to have been remedied.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#52 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

He more than doubled his PIM total in one game, and if that happens 20 games into the season than that's telling me he hasn't been taking very many penalties.

It probably helps that the "one hand on the stick the other taking a penalty" syndrome seems to have been remedied.

Ya... It's actually a little harder to spot him on the ice anymore. He blends in with the rest of the players with two hands on their stick. :)

Edited by Broken 16, 21 November 2010 - 08:52 PM.

#53 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

This.

Bertuzzi has been fantastic this year, it seems he is really buying into the system, and getting very comfortable in his role. He is not floating in the defensive zone, and is playing a very solid 2-way game. You can tell that he is happy on this team, and he is motivated to win. I hope he can stay healthy and make an impact that he is capable of when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

#54 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

toddzilla! :hehe:

#55 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

This.

Bertuzzi has been fantastic this year, it seems he is really buying into the system, and getting very comfortable in his role. He is not floating in the defensive zone, and is playing a very solid 2-way game. You can tell that he is happy on this team, and he is motivated to win. I hope he can stay healthy and make an impact that he is capable of when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

Yes.

While he will never be the Toddzilla of '02, he is proving to be quite a valueable Red Wing and a helluva bargain.

#56 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

Time for a bump.

Dude's been great as of late.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#57 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

3 sets of 2 goal games from the past 5, amazing. :siren:

I need someone to YT his SO goal, I want to see it!

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#58 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

SO goal is on Red Wings TV.

Posted Image

#59 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

Cheers! :) I'll go have a look.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#60 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

Also, congrats on his 1,000th game

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman