• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

D-pairs when Rafalski (and ericsson) is back?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I think it's fair to say the defense have had bad periods in each and every game thus far, so obviously we all want a full 60min effort and being tight back there.

So due to injuries to Rafalski and Ericcson a few players have been given more minutes to show what they can do, ericsson has been injured for a long time and perhaps is hard to give a fair assesment thus far... However based on what you've seen so far how would you like the d-pairings to be set up?

Traditional:

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Salei-Ericsson

Kindl

The "New pairings to start 10/11 á babcock):

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Salei-Ericsson

Kindl

Experimenting pairings (Kronwall with nick even though he has been sluggish defensively. and also because ericsson hasn't been solid in a long time, dating back to 09/09 playoffs and to give Kindl more experience/confidence and whom also got greater potential)

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Salei-Kindl

Ericsson

Your Combination:

?-?

?-?

?-?

?

Edited by mindfly

This...

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Salei-Kindl

Ericsson

Kindl has been looking very solid & I don't think he sits when Big E comes back. Not until he has a bad game or two or the Wings go on a losing streak & Babs wants to shake things up a bit.

Guest mindfly

Kindl is a minus player though, -4 i think while salei is -1... but then again ericsson would probably also be around -4 had he played...

This...

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Salei-Kindl

Ericsson

Kindl has been looking very solid & I don't think he sits when Big E comes back. Not until he has a bad game or two or the Wings go on a losing streak & Babs wants to shake things up a bit.

Yep.

I'm tired of waiting around for E to be as good as he was for a couple months in 2009. As long as Kindl isn't playing awful, gotta go with him I think. Its unfortunate for E cause his upside could be so high, but considering he hasn't played yet this year, was bad last year, my hopes just aren't that high for him.

They should really make Ericsson force his way onto the lineup somehow through practice, etc. if Kindl remains solid. But they'll probably give the one with more experience an opportunity to re-establish himself as usual.

Guest Stolberg

Kindl is a minus player though, -4 i think while salei is -1... but then again ericsson would probably also be around -4 had he played...

salei is a -2 and kindl a -5

salei averages 4 more minutes a game

45.08% of salei's time is with kindl

66.17% of kindl's time is with salei

i think kindl has done pretty decently so far considering he's a rookie

can't wait until rafalski's back

Edited by Stolberg

Rafalski has just been a beast the last few months of hockey (stemming back to last season), I can't wait until he's back. Things should get even better then.

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Rafalski

Kindle-Salei

Ericsson

I don't get all the Salei hate. Most of the goals against have come because they're paired with the third line that doesn't know how to play defense, correct? I fail to see how those goals are therefore Salei's fault. They haven't been caused by glaring mistakes by Salei. I see nothing to blame him for. Same goes for Kindl.

Guest mindfly

I haven't actually managed to watch more than one game so far this season; how have Kindl and Janik worked out so far?

1 game out of 7? geez and you call yourself a fan..........

:hehe:

My choice:

Lids-Stuart

Kronwall-Rafi

Kindl-Salei

E

I'm not 100% sure that Kindl plays the left D pairing right now, but as long as they are playing well, I would leave them together. I would also leave Lidstrom with Stuart. They seem to be playing well together, and Stuart prefers to play the right side anyway. Let Rafi play the right side with Kronwall and everything will come more naturally to all of them.

I would like to see:

Lids - Stuart

Kronwall - Rafi

Kindl - Selei

Ericsson

I hope they give this pairing a shot for a few games and see how Stuart does with Lids. If that doesnt work out then swap Kronwall and Stuart.

I also think Kindl has played pretty well, and as others have said... Im pretty sick of waiting for Ericsson to start playing well. Make him earn it.

Kindl has looked good offensively, but he has made more mental gaffs than Ericsson has been accustomed to... when everyone is healthy, I would love to see Babs go with:

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Ericsson-Salei

Then swap in Kindl if E has a bad game and vice versa...