• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Brendan Smith nails Nylander from behind

Rate this topic

Hopefully it was a legal hit and was a weird occurance. I just hope mentally this doesn't mess Smith's game up too much, he might hesitate next time when going into the boards.

yeah i really don't want what happened to Bertuzzi's game mentally happening to Smith's

i know it obviously isn't on the same level both in severity and intent but yeah just an example

Edited by ricky0034

agreed, really want to see this hit.

As well as all the Red Wings are goons threads that this hit starts." Gee, guess we got away with another dirty hit guys, who's picking up the refs bar tab for letting us get away with yet another one."

In all seriousness, I hope that Nylander turns out to be alright in the long run with this. His career may be over from this, but he still has a life to live after hockey. I hope that the effects of this hit, don't severely limit his quality of life in 10+ years from now. These type of injuries often pay back long after the original one took place.

How are you sure that's the right play?

Really?.....ok

http://php.democratandchronicle.com/blog/sports2/

Nylander, 38, was hurt during the second period

Check

He was checked into the right-wing boards

Check

He flicked off his glove and skated directly to the bench,

After that later on in the play they are back in that corner, there a single glove sitting on the ice. Check

suffered an apparent serious injury at 10:15

Not quite, but the stoppage of play right before that happened was 10:15. So, ya check

I also poked around the rest of the 2nd period, never saw him on the ice again.....Check

Don't question me :rolleyes::D

Edited by drumnj

Nylander suffered fractures to both the C-5 and C-6 vertebrae

I wanna know how that happens and you skate off the ice. Even if you could, if you thought something was wrong with your neck, why the hell would you be doing anything but laying down screaming for them not to touch you.

very odd series of events IMO.

I wanna know how that happens and you skate off the ice. Even if you could, if you thought something was wrong with your neck, why the hell would you be doing anything but laying down screaming for them not to touch you.

very odd series of events IMO.

Because they're hockey players and not ***** football players. Broken leg, no big deal i skate to the medic's office. Skate to the throat, no biggie, I'll skate to the bench to get another guy on the bench. Broken neck and back, pshhhh, happened in peewees, I'll walk it off.

Football: Sweet mother of God someone stepped on my toe, let's delay the game five minutes while I lay on the ground and then proceed to walk off under my own power.

Because they're hockey players and not ***** football players. Broken leg, no big deal i skate to the medic's office. Skate to the throat, no biggie, I'll skate to the bench to get another guy on the bench. Broken neck and back, pshhhh, happened in peewees, I'll walk it off.

Football: Sweet mother of God someone stepped on my toe, let's delay the game five minutes while I lay on the ground and then proceed to walk off under my own power.

Or you can fracture a vertabra, and not know that it has been broken at all.

But more than likely, it's because all football players are *******????? Can we exaggerate just a little more.

They should implement a rule for all sports that if you delay the game for an injury you must not return to that game.

Really?.....ok

http://php.democratandchronicle.com/blog/sports2/

Check

Check

After that later on in the play they are back in that corner, there a single glove sitting on the ice. Check

Not quite, but the stoppage of play right before that happened was 10:15. So, ya check

I also poked around the rest of the 2nd period, never saw him on the ice again.....Check

Don't question me :rolleyes::D

mind if i post to YT with proper reference again?

look how smith gets hit, i think maybe what happened is that smith got hit into nylander

i made a slow mo close up of it (look at the guy take out smith):

You know you can just remove that "12" from my name :)

I was probably going to eventually just delete the video, but whatever.

The likely hood of that happening is slim. Nylander was already turned around, so he would of saw it for the most part. Plus you can hear the hit after the video pans away. If he was hit into Nylander I don't think there would have been that much force to where you would hear the boards rattle so clearly.