• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFanInDC

Hockey Jerseys

Rate this topic

A while back, there was some discussion on where to get jerseys cheap. Last year, some of us managed to order jerseys from a company in china - LightInTheBox.com but the quality sucked. my logos had colors bled into them. (Washington Capitals.. the white was pink)

Any suggestions on where to find jerseys at not 180 bucks? :)

Thanks!

B

Oh boy, here we go... I smell another "real vs fake jersey" debate thread. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you're patient good deals come up on this board in the trading post, ebay (watch for fakes), and craigslist (again, watch for fakes). I've seen the fake chinese jerseys, and I've seen people wearing them at the Joe. They stick out like a sore thumb, they're such bad quality.

Oh boy, here we go... I smell another "real vs fake jersey" debate thread. :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you're patient good deals come up on this board in the trading post, ebay (watch for fakes), and craigslist (again, watch for fakes). I've seen the fake chinese jerseys, and I've seen people wearing them at the Joe. They stick out like a sore thumb, they're such bad quality.

Agreed. I had one at one point, and saw a guy wearing a knock off at the Van Andel and realized how obvious they are. Honestly, patience pays off and you'll find a jersey that's nearly too good to be true time and again because people simply need to get rid of them.

Do you guys know other places than NHL-shop on the internet where I can buy Red Wings-stuff (not only jerseys, but t-s***s/hats/sweatshirts ++) ?

Edit: As I live in Norway, they have to ship international ;)

Edited by Norwegian Red Wing

A lot of the fake jerseys look alright. I was thinking about getting a Stamkos fake. But the fake Wings jerseys I've seen have looked terrible. The numbers look way too fat and the letters are different.

A lot of the fake jerseys look alright. I was thinking about getting a Stamkos fake. But the fake Wings jerseys I've seen have looked terrible. The numbers look way too fat and the letters are different.

Yeah, for whatever reason the Wings knock offs never look quite right. A lot of it is the arched lettering, but it seems that even when a knock off is close on the lettering, it's messed up somewhere else.

Additionally, I think it'd be a lot easier to have something like a Stamkos knock off when you aren't surrounded by real Stamkos jerseys to highlight the flaws of said knock off.

something about the Red Wings and Lions where those damn Asians just can't seem to get it right. Red Wings font is always off, and the Lions blue is always way too light.

You look at some of the other teams, and they're absolutely perfect.

borntrade seems to have the right Lions blue...for 25$ I might just take a chance...we'll see.

isojerseys.com or net can't remember. Jerseys are perfect quality. Double sticthed, fight straps, etc. very pleased with what I got and they are only 40 bucks. I would recommend it. I got a Datsyuk Winter classic and Howard and they were both great.

i am probably getting this jersey from santa:

http://worldofnfl.com/NHL-Detroit-Red-Wings-5-Niklas-Lidstrom-WINTER-CLASSIC-Jersey-White-P1082775.aspx

anybody have an opinion of this website?

That's a pretty obvious fake. The Winter Classic jerseys didn't have a red outline around the D. The C is also very out of place.

i am probably getting this jersey from santa:

http://worldofnfl.com/NHL-Detroit-Red-Wings-5-Niklas-Lidstrom-WINTER-CLASSIC-Jersey-White-P1082775.aspx

anybody have an opinion of this website?

You'll never be able to find a fake Red Wings Winter Classic jersey that looks anywhere close to being right. They're all god-awful ugly, and you'll wish you would have saved your money. The fight straps suck, the font is wrong, and the front logo is made of some really thick twill-like material that has the red outline. Ugly ugly jersey.

The Dunham's stores around the Detroit area have winter classic jerseys, both replica and authentic, on clearance right now. You can snag a replica for $99.00, I just picked one up as a gift for someone. You might be able to order one online or over the phone.

Edited by ACallToArms

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You'll never be able to find a fake Red Wings Winter Classic jersey that looks anywhere close to being right. They're all god-awful ugly, and you'll wish you would have saved your money. The fight straps suck, the font is wrong, and the front logo is made of some really thick twill-like material that has the red outline. Ugly ugly jersey.

The Dunham's stores around the Detroit area have winter classic jerseys, both replica and authentic, on clearance right now. You can snag a replica for $99.00, I just picked one up as a gift for someone. You might be able to order one online or over the phone.

Are you sure they are authentic? I thought these were impossible to get?

Are you sure they are authentic? I thought these were impossible to get?

They still had a couple at the Madison Heights Dunham's, about a month ago. The only reason I didn't buy the authentic was because I despise the Edge 1.0 jerseys. The material they use snags very easily, and then your expensive jersey looks like junk. The replica WC jerseys are made with air-knit, and last longer. Leave it to Reebok to make the replica better than the authentic....

This right here.

Spend the extra $$$, and get the legit items; SportsK.com has great pricing, and service.

I totally agree. I went the knock-off route and regretted it. I ended up spending tons of time trying to find a 'better' knock off or a more passable one at least. I never wore it outside of my apartment and ended up selling it. I lucked into someone selling blank aways on Craigslist and got it customized at SportsK, now I am content.

In the long run, I think anyone would be a lot happier just saving up a little more and buying a legit one.

-

On a completely unrelated note, a sports memorabilia shop opened up in the Mall where I work for the holidays. They've got a lot of Blackhawks and Red Wings jerseys so I'll look as I walk by. Last week I realized that they were all knock offs.

They even had a blank knock off professionally customized into an Yzerman jersey. Sigh.

...dhgate.com ...i have bought several jerseys (6)..best looking one i got was a bruins jersey for my buddy for $32 (shipping included)...the worst one...my lids jersey. BUT i wear that s*** to games...it doesn't look all that bad. i WOULD buy another fake, and will continue to buy fakes. I simply can't afford what i really want...($380) ..so i will pay 10% of the price and get something that looks 82%...

I totally agree. I went the knock-off route and regretted it. I ended up spending tons of time trying to find a 'better' knock off or a more passable one at least. I never wore it outside of my apartment and ended up selling it. I lucked into someone selling blank aways on Craigslist and got it customized at SportsK, now I am content.

In the long run, I think anyone would be a lot happier just saving up a little more and buying a legit one.

-

On a completely unrelated note, a sports memorabilia shop opened up in the Mall where I work for the holidays. They've got a lot of Blackhawks and Red Wings jerseys so I'll look as I walk by. Last week I realized that they were all knock offs.

They even had a blank knock off professionally customized into an Yzerman jersey. Sigh.

That's quite illegal. If they really are selling fake knock-offs at a US retail store, they probably won't be there much longer.