• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Abdelkader, when is he gonna get the chance?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

"If it's not broke, don't fix it" (5-1-1) yeah... but.

But still, I see him as an upgrade over Miller every day of the week and based on what the third line has done he's better than all of them, hudler doesn't engage, modano is floating, and cleary well he's stuck with them, shouldn't he get a spot by now, light some fire upp the arse of some current third line players?

What do you think?

I'd like to see him in the lineup as well.

He's the best checker we have and I haven't seen guys out there flying around and trying to smash the opponents into the boards. We could use his energy for the times when this team looks unmotivated.

We have a great record, but it's not because our bottom two lines are perfect. Far from it.

I'd like to see him in the lineup as well.

He's the best checker we have and I haven't seen guys out there flying around and trying to smash the opponents into the boards. We could use his energy for the times when this team looks unmotivated.

We have a great record, but it's not because our bottom two lines are perfect. Far from it.

The Eaves, Miller, Helm line hasn't done too bad. Helm just needs to get some hands and Miller needs to just be better.

Also who would you sit on the third line for Abby? Cleary has busted his ass out there, Modano is not going to work harder from sitting (at least not in my opinion), and Hudler needs to keep getting involved in NA hockey to adapt his game again.

The Eaves, Miller, Helm line hasn't done too bad. Helm just needs to get some hands and Miller needs to just be better.

Also who would you sit on the third line for Abby? Cleary has busted his ass out there, Modano is not going to work harder from sitting (at least not in my opinion), and Hudler needs to keep getting involved in NA hockey to adapt his game again.

I'd sit Miller, who isn't better than Abby. Doesn't mean he won't play again this year, because there's always injuries and stuff.

I expect Babcock to split up the bottom two lines in some way. Hudler and Modano are both too lazy to be playing together.

Cleary should play with Helm, which would be two really good energy players that can cause havoc together. Cleary's energy is useless when he's playing with Hudler and Modano, who are not working hard enough. Maybe Hudler could be the winger on that line, since he and Helm played together before.

Cleary - Modano - Abby

Hudler - Helm - Eaves

Those are the bottom six lines I would like to see if we're looking for offense.

I feel like Helm and Eaves have pretty decent chemistry and Hudler could benefit from their hard work. Abby and Cleary would also be a good tandem and create some space so Modano would get better chances.

If anyone is gonna sit for Abby its gonna be Miller, but until the 4th line does something stupid Abby ain't playing. They have been playing good, Babcock only shakes things up when a line is struggling. He isn't gonna bench Modano or Cleary, and Hudler just needs to find his game.

Cleary - Modano - Abby

Hudler - Helm - Eaves

Those are the bottom six lines I would like to see if we're looking for offense.

I feel like Helm and Eaves have pretty decent chemistry and Hudler could benefit from their hard work. Abby and Cleary would also be a good tandem and create some space so Modano would get better chances.

Huds doesn't engage physically enough to usefully play on the fourth line with those guys. I say healthy scratch him for a couple games and get Abby on the 3rd to get them going. Then pops Huds back in there and send Abby down to Millers spot.

Huds doesn't engage physically enough to usefully play on the fourth line with those guys. I say healthy scratch him for a couple games and get Abby on the 3rd to get them going. Then pops Huds back in there and send Abby down to Millers spot.

This is really what I would like to see. But on the other hand, I want to see if Hudler can gain back some of his game from 2 years ago. It looks like he is still adjusting. But I think Abby with Cleary and Modano would be a very effective line. It would have speed, checking, and loads of offensive ability. Sounds like a better third line then the current one. But I think Babcock still wants that third line to develop some chemistry...

I think Abs will be in the lineup this Thurs or Sat

chances are that Babs will go into the game with the same lines with Abs just replacing Miller on the 4th line, but he will tinker in-game with the bottom 2 lines and even spell Holmstrom a few shifts on the 1st line with some of those bottom line guys

I wouldn't mind seeing:

Hudler-Modano-Eaves

Cleary-Helm-Abdelkader

for a few shifts and see if it shakes things up enough, Eaves speed and defensive abilities could REALLY help the lack of D by Hudler and Modano and he'll go to the dirty areas as well, not to mention has a great shot... I think Cleary could just use a change of scenery and if he doesn't have to worry about D as much (as he does on the 3rd line) he could potentially crank it up on the 4th...

All and all, these are great problems to have...

Miller's played well enough not to be pissed at him, but beyond that, hasn't really generated much of anything, either. He's just sort of soaking ice time... which isn't really a bad thing, it's just not a good thing either. Abdelkader has the potential to do more with the same ice time, and though Miller is a good PKer, we've got plenty of those in the lineup right now.

Cleary - Modano - Abby

Hudler - Helm - Eaves

I don't see how putting Hudler on the 4th line is going to help his production any. We all know that he is capable of scoring goals, demoting him this early in the season will only hurt his progress.

IMO, the 4th line has been doing its job pretty well. We all expected the 3rd line to be producing a lot more by now but I think as long as we are getting wins the roster will stay pretty much the same.

Abby will definitely get his chances this season, and quite frankly the fact that we don't need him in the lineup right now is a good thing, because it means we are healthy for once. He'll get his chance, its a good problem to have.

http://www.mlive.com...ck_third_l.html

Third line snake-bitten with just two goals in first seven games.

If the line doesn’t improve soon, Babcock has options. He can mix up the third and fourth lines, moving either Drew Miller or Patrick Eaves onto the third line. He also can insert Justin Abdelkader into the lineup.

and from: http://www.mlive.com...nwall_is_d.html

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi (Abdeldaker)

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

from http://www.mlive.com..._todd_bert.html

"We're a much better team this year, there's no question about it - much deeper," he said. "We like what we're getting out of the Helm line. We think Filppula, Franzen and Bertuzzi - and I might break that line this week – have been fantastic; probably our best line."

"I don’t even know why you’d think about breaking them up, but you’re trying to get other people rolling."

Edited by CanadaBoy

If the line doesn’t improve soon, Babcock has options. He can mix up the third and fourth lines, moving either Drew Miller or Patrick Eaves onto the third line. He also can insert Justin Abdelkader into the lineup.

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

"We're a much better team this year, there's no question about it - much deeper," he said. "We like what we're getting out of the Helm line. We think Filppula, Franzen and Bertuzzi - and I might break that line this week – have been fantastic; probably our best line."

"I don’t even know why you’d think about breaking them up, but you’re trying to get other people rolling."

Kinda makes sense to me. I said last week that they should switch Bert and Hudler, which puts Hudler on a productive line and hopefully gets him going, and puts Bert on a struggling line and hopefully helps them get going.

Miller's played well enough not to be pissed at him, but beyond that, hasn't really generated much of anything, either. He's just sort of soaking ice time... which isn't really a bad thing, it's just not a good thing either. Abdelkader has the potential to do more with the same ice time, and though Miller is a good PKer, we've got plenty of those in the lineup right now.

I guess this is the one negative thing about depth. In order to have Abs play, we have to sit another player and we can't even come to a consensus on who to sit. Thankfully, its not up to us. Its up to the powers that be to make that choice. Being as that the Wings are 5-1-1, I think we should trust in the management to make that decision and stand by it. If Abs is sitting, then thats the way the cookie crumbles. As Babcock said, Abs is going to have to earn a spot in the roster at this point. I agree with the coach.

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

I don't like the sound of that, but if that's what he's thinking I'm guessing Flip is gonna be moved to the third line. He can act as a defensive stop gap for them, while maybe Bert can bank a couple in off Modano's shinpads.

Edited by kook_10