• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Red Wings new No.1 in TSN's NHL Power Rankings

Rate this topic

yep. this year is tighter than ever. I'd say without a doubt that the central division is the most competitive this year. nashville hasn't lost in regulation yet and the blues look great too. Chicago looks to be doing alright, but is farther ahead in their schedule, so at this rate I'd predict this at the end of the season on a whim:

1. Detroit

2. Nashville

3. Chicago

4. St.Louis

5. Columbus

Still don't know how nashville is perfect in regulation....

yep. this year is tighter than ever. I'd say without a doubt that the central division is the most competitive this year. nashville hasn't lost in regulation yet and the blues look great too. Chicago looks to be doing alright, but is farther ahead in their schedule, so at this rate I'd predict this at the end of the season on a whim:

1. Detroit

2. Nashville

3. Chicago

4. St.Louis

5. Columbus

Still don't know how nashville is perfect in regulation....

Pekka Rinne is why they haven't lost yet in regulation.

Pekka Rinne is why they haven't lost yet in regulation.

You do know their backup has played almost half the games?

edit: Looked at the stats, rinne is 2-0-2

Lindback 5 gp

3 w

0 L

1 otl

.925 sv 2.55 gaa

rinne

REGULAR SEASON 4 gp

2 w

0 l

2 otl .955 sv%

1.58 gaa

Rinne has been stellar in his games but he has only played half, they are a grind it out team and eventually their lack of offensive talent will catch up to them.

Edited by Sprsquirt7

I'd say their lack of scoring caught up to them in the first round of the playoffs last year against Chicago went their PP couldnt score a goal to save their lives - which literally cost them the series. Even if their PP had operated at a pathetic 10% they would most likely have won that series (they were under 5% I think). So yeah, I'd say their lack of scoring will eventually catch up (just not in the regular season).

Guest mjtm77

Before the season started I was saying Nashville would be a strong team and most of you guys were saying they would have a tough time getting in the playoffs

I'd say their lack of scoring caught up to them in the first round of the playoffs last year against Chicago went their PP couldnt score a goal to save their lives - which literally cost them the series. Even if their PP had operated at a pathetic 10% they would most likely have won that series (they were under 5% I think). So yeah, I'd say their lack of scoring will eventually catch up (just not in the regular season).

I'd say it was the lack of game misconducts against chicago... grrr <_<

Guest mindfly

Wings can get past nashville if they win next one.. 6-1-1, nashville has played one more game than detroit.

Edited by mindfly

So wait, Nashville is the 2nd best team in the NHL right now?

:lol:

Some rankings.

All of these rankings are all over the place early-on. They seem to be evaluated on a week-to-week basis as opposed to an overall view of how the teams have played.

All of these rankings are all over the place early-on. They seem to be evaluated on a week-to-week basis as opposed to an overall view of how the teams have played.

Still, 8 games without a regulation loss.....

I mean, I don't see them going very far, and their luck is going to run out, but it's still an interesting method of staying in/ahead of the game :)

Pretty rare start IMO.