• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Brown Gets ejected for clean hit

Rate this topic

Isn't that exactly what they are trying to stop?, looked like a blind side head shot to me, at first i thought the guy who potentially charged/boarded, was getting ejected and i thought that was BS, but the hit by brown is definately ejection worthy

Edited by Slave

Isn't that exactly what they are trying to stop?, looked like a blind side head shot to me, at first i thought the guy who potentially charged/boarded, was getting ejected and i thought that was BS, but the hit by brown is definately ejection worthy

there doesn't appear to be any head contact, and if any very little, it was shoulder to shoulder

Edited by jollymania

what have they done?

The hypocrisy is reaching stupid levels

So lets gets this straight, scott stevens has his number retired for doing this nearly every game and is "among the all time great D men in nhl history" if you ask most hockey pundits.

But if he played now, under these rules,....he's what exactly?

Tough to tell, but clean hit or not an automatic ejection is just too steep of a penalty. Give him a 5 minute major or even a 10 minute misconduct, but let the NHL review it first before you start making guys miss games.

there doesn't appear to be any head contact, and if any very little, it was shoulder to shoulder

I think it's a tough one to call from the angle they showed. I don't like that type of hit, but I'm not sure he was targeting the head. Despite that though, if he did hit the head, it is no doubt the right call. If not, well it was close. I was expecting them to call it on that first hit, that one was beauty.

Guest Stolberg

what have they done?

The hypocrisy is reaching stupid levels

So lets gets this straight, scott stevens has his number retired for doing this nearly every game and is "among the all time great D men in nhl history" if you ask most hockey pundits.

But if he played now, under these rules,....he's what exactly?

wait.. so you're saying that... the game and rules change?

no way

Looks more like shoulder to shoulder in slow motion replays. Tough for a ref to make that call live since it looks like solid contact to the head, but I don't think the league should hand out a suspension after looking at replays.

Edited by greenrebellion

Hmm lets see.

East/West hit, not North/South. Check.

Contact made directly with head. Check.

What's the confusion? He's also gonna get a suspension similar to Doan's. Bank on it.

There's confusion with that last one, because it's very questionable that there was contact directly with the head.

I know they're going through an adjustment period, but it will really be too bad if good hits like that are taken out of the game. You can't hit a guy who's shooting the puck?

Doan's hit was late and clearly targeting the head. He didn't hit much else. Brown hit a guy who was shooting the puck, bent low and turning, and still looks like he got mostly shoulder.

I love the announcers. Exactly how do you target the head unintentionally. doesn't targeting imply intent?

Edited by haroldsnepsts

This one is tough. I don't like when they say someone was "targeting the head" because I think that implies that it was a head shot on purpose. My problem with this hit is the guy is in a vulnerable position. I don't see much head contact but again it is hard to tell.

Guest Stolberg

i think if it was all head contact, miettinen wouldn't have gotten up so fast...

lol i don't see how people can say it didn't look like a hit to the head. Its was a blatantly obvious blind side hit straight to his head. Which is exactly the the NHL is trying to get rid of by implementing this new rule. Cant really argue the call.

headshot.jpg

How was it a blinbside tho when he was infront of him making the hit?

It wasnt from the side like Doan's was. Here he actually stars ahead of him then cuts back kind of to make the hit.

lol i don't see how people can say it didn't look like a hit to the head. Its was a blatantly obvious blind side hit straight to his head. Which is exactly the the NHL is trying to get rid of by implementing this new rule. Cant really argue the call.

you're right. With the irrefutable evidence of that blurry screencap shot from the other side of the rink, how could anyone possibly disagree?

EDITED to remove annoyingly oversized image.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

blurry screenshots don't prove anything on either side of the argument

Watch the video leading up to the screenshot its pretty obvious...

How was it a blinbside tho when he was infront of him making the hit?

It wasnt from the side like Doan's was. Here he actually stars ahead of him then cuts back kind of to make the hit.

"a lateral, back-pressure or blind-side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact."

Pretty sure this hit falls under that category. I my self am a fan of more aggressive hockey but seriously how can people argue this call with the new rule?