• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

New Jersey's situation about to explode

Rate this topic

I still can't believe that, as an offensive minded forward, he'd want to play for New Jersey - a team known for lack of scoring, boring hockey, and a choking defensive system.

They have a lot of good offensive players. Better than the names on Atlanta's roster for instance.

Just too much underachieving going on with that roster right now.

Guest Stolberg

aw, i was hoping holik would say something about kovalchuk's contract so the world would explode with irony

Guest Shoreline

From TSN:

It's nice to see the coach not get the ax for once, especially when it was the GM's choice to make such a ridiculous signing. Devils need to put Lou Lamoriello on the hot seat. It's cuz of him they've got their star under a stupid contract for the rest of his career anyways.

It's nice to see the coach not get the ax for once, especially when it was the GM's choice to make such a ridiculous signing. Devils need to put Lou Lamoriello on the hot seat. It's cuz of him they've got their star under a stupid contract for the rest of his career anyways.

Not so fast...

@Ledger_NJDevils

GM Lou Lamoriello is believed to be en route to Calif.

I swear, that 'vote of confidence' is always the kiss of death.

From New Jersey Star-Ledger:

Rookie center Jacob Josefson will sit out Friday night's game against the Ducks at the Honda Center in Anaheim with a sore rightr hand.

Josefson was slashed on the hand during Wednesday night's game in San Jose and then landed awkwardly on the hand, hurting it even more.

"It was a little slash on the hand and I landed on the hand," Josefson explained.

He has not had X-rays on the hand.

Drastic fiscal restraint measures seem to be already in place with the Devils.

Saw this on another board -

Mike Brophy of Sportsnet said on TV that he has heard (from someone close to the organization) that Zach Parise is unhappy in New Jersey and is hoping to get an offer sheet from another team this summer. He said Parise will play out the season and then go from there.

So what's the chances of wings getting parise? Could we even make a bid?

As far as kovy- I knew this would blow up as soon as the first contract was rejected. This was dumber than the hossa signing (which was dumb in itself but workable). Devils will probably end up as the next bankrupt team. But until then, if you want to find the devils they will be kicking it down at bottom of the standings.

Edited by RedWingskiddo

So what's the chances of wings getting parise? Could we even make a bid?

As far as kovy- I knew this would blow up as soon as the first contract was rejected. This was dumber than the hossa signing (which was dumb in itself but workable). Devils will probably end up as the next bankrupt team. But until then, if you want to find the devils they will be kicking it down at bottom of the standings.

If Lidstrom doesn't come back and depending on how much Howard wants.

Mike Brophy of Sportsnet said on TV that he has heard (from someone close to the organization) that Zach Parise is unhappy in New Jersey and is hoping to get an offer sheet from another team this summer. He said Parise will play out the season and then go from there.

Wow...maybe I was right that Jersey won't keep him. Guess I should hold off on getting that Parise jersey.

Edited by edicius