• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

New Jersey's situation about to explode

Rate this topic

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere

It appears Jamie Langenbrunner is not playing tonight for the Devils. There is no equipment in his locker stall. A possible trade?

3 minutes ago

supposidly rumored Jackets or Flyers.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/01/jamie_langenbrunner_wont_play.html

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello has asked captain Jamie Langenbrunner to waive his no-trade clause and is on the verge of dealing the veteran right winger.

Langenbrunner will not play in tonight's game against the Philadelphia Flyers.

"I've been in discussions with the team (about waiving the no-trade clause)," Langenbrunner said via telephone. "The fact that I'm not there tonight probably means a trade will be happening sooner rather than later.

"I'm in limbo waiting."

As of 5:30 p.m. ,he had not been traded.

Lamoriello was unavailable for comment as he worked to finalize a trade.

Langenbrunner has spoken over the last few days about the possibility of being traded. He would have to waive his no-trade clause, so a deal would be to a contender in either conference. The 35-year-old native of Cloquet, Minn., is earning $2.8 million in the final season of his contract. He can become an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Too bad, I would have been interested to see him in Detroit.

Sorry but an aging forward to a team that is already full of aging forwards? I love the wings, but, the last thing the team needs is to trade away youth/draft picks for someone like him. I honestly think its time to start giving some of the depth in GR a shot over some aging veteran. I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but sometimes you got to throw the kids in the fire and see if they have it or not. Oh and rumor is the Wild got him (which would make sense because hes from Minnesota).

Edited by Shaman464

With Brodeur getting demoted to back up, at least temporarily, I'm wondering if he could be on the chopping block. They need to free up some cash for Parise for next year and I'm sure some contender out there could use Marty. I see this being like another Patrick Roy situation where he gets traded and does really well somewhere else.

With Brodeur getting demoted to back up, at least temporarily, I'm wondering if he could be on the chopping block. They need to free up some cash for Parise for next year and I'm sure some contender out there could use Marty. I see this being like another Patrick Roy situation where he gets traded and does really well somewhere else.

Eh, I doubt that. If it's not a particularly talented defensive team, he'll perform just as poorly. Also, when Roy got traded, he was still relatively young - 29, I believe. Marty's almost 10 years past that.

That said, I really, really doubt Lou would trade Marty. I don't know if any team would be desperate enough to give up anything of worth for him this season either. Goaltenders are a dime a dozen and they can be had for cheap now. Marty's contract is through next season for $5.2M and I can't see any team taking that on for a 38 year old Brodeur.

I really wanted to root for Jersey this season too because, damn it, I want a good chance to see the Cup! Hell, John Madden brought the Cup to a local burrito joint over the summer (one that I happen to frequent), but I didn't find out until shortly afterward. :(

Edited by edicius

I really wanted to root for Jersey this season too because, damn it, I want a good chance to see the Cup! Hell, John Madden brought the Cup to a local burrito joint over the summer (one that I happen to frequent), but I didn't find out until shortly afterward. :(

I am a fan of a few players on the Devils, but I am kinda happy they are changing the team. Hopefully guys will be sent to teams where they can flourish.

Kovy was the last nail in the coffin as it seems

Edited by Rivalred

I am a fan of a few players on the Devils, but I am kinda happy they are changing the team. Hopefully guys will be sent to teams where they can flourish.

Kovy was the last nail in the coffin as it seems

I was really planning on getting a Parise jersey this season (living here, I should really have a Devils jersey - already have Rangers and Isles) but I'm glad I waited. If he ends up signing a sufficient-term deal with the Devils, then I'll pull the trigger. But if not...well, good luck to Parise wherever he ends up (except Pittsburgh, of course).

I was really planning on getting a Parise jersey this season (living here, I should really have a Devils jersey - already have Rangers and Isles) but I'm glad I waited. If he ends up signing a sufficient-term deal with the Devils, then I'll pull the trigger. But if not...well, good luck to Parise wherever he ends up (except Pittsburgh, of course).

Well, you know...

It really wouldn't be a "Jersey" jersey if it wasn't a foul in some respect. Why not get an EDI #69?

Edited by kook_10

If what the FSN Detroit feed on my computer said right during the game today, 5-0-1 in their last 6 games is New Jersey. All but too little/too late for their playoff chances but they'll probably be playing us with a ton of confidence next game.