• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#361 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

If that's the case we are going to have to release him. Because he is a backup goalie now and if he cannot step in and play when needed he has no use on this team.

He needs to be able to play regularly. He cannot be expected to perform well if he's only given a chance to play once or twice a month. Last season was terrible for him and if Babcock chooses to go that route again, we all better be praying that Jimmy stays healthy because Osgood can only do so good if not given the chance to play in some games on a regular basis.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#362 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

Janik even plus minus and 2 SOG with 14:45 ice time. Kindl -1 and 0 SOG with 7:28, and Salei -1 and 0 SOG with 19:12.

Just sayin'
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#363 greekman29

greekman29

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

wings offically dead last in the divison now. wings need to start playing better. this divison is no joke.

#364 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

5-2-1 and last in division, go figure!

#365 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,647 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:06 PM

Final score and game recap now in OP

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#366 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

wings offically dead last in the divison now. wings need to start playing better. this divison is no joke.

I'm no mathematician, but maybe the fact Red Wings only played 8 games while other teams played 60 games has something to do the standings... but I don't know. :scared:

Wings played 2 games in two weeks. The schedule kind of sucks to be honest

#367 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:32 PM

Just got back from the game. How disappointing. I'd like to rag on Ozzie for a couple of beachballs, but I have to rag on the whole team more. They were really lethargic. Too much time off probably played a part, but the boys just didn't seem like they were very fired up. On a side note, there were some extremely drunk folks in front of us. Not obnoxious, but funny as hell.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#368 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

I'm no mathematician, but maybe the fact Red Wings only played 8 games while other teams played 60 games has something to do the standings... but I don't know. :scared:

Wings played 2 games in two weeks. The schedule kind of sucks to be honest

People are saying Ozzie needs more games to get in the groove out there, maybe the entire team needs to play more? Going a week at a time without playing can't be helping any of them.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#369 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

Janik even plus minus and 2 SOG with 14:45 ice time. Kindl -1 and 0 SOG with 7:28, and Salei -1 and 0 SOG with 19:12.

Just sayin'

it must've been hard typing that

i would imagine your hands were a little sticky

#370 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

lol dude the hawks have played like 4 more games. It was our 2nd loss in regulation, chill out.
Posted Image

#371 SpIkE

SpIkE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

True but to tie for first is only 2 points away and wings are tied for least games played...

Edited by SpIkE, 28 October 2010 - 10:53 PM.

#372 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

it must've been hard typing that

i would imagine your hands were a little sticky

They were. :)

So far Janik > Salei and Kindl. AHL THAT *******!! Bring on Ericsson!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#373 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

Oh my God, there's only like 75 games left this season, the Wings need to get it together before Chicago runs away with it!

In all seriousness, Nashville is the biggest threat in the Central, but then again they always have been. And they're almost identical with us, so I'd hardly say the Wings are playing poorly compared to the other Central teams.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#374 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

People are saying Ozzie needs more games to get in the groove out there, maybe the entire team needs to play more? Going a week at a time without playing can't be helping any of them.

This is a very important point that I feel is getting over looked. Practice is nice and all, but real development occurs in real game situations. It's hard to get anything rolling when you you have two massive breaks right at the beginning of the season. It benefits the Wings because of their injuries but it also hurts in developing cohesiveness and maintaining game speed.

And to everyone talking about the standings, it's way too early. As other shave pointed out, the Wings have played less games than the rest of the teams in the division. If the Wings are still last about two months into the season then we can start to freak out a little.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 28 October 2010 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#375 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

Just finished watching the game and thought the wings out-played them for the last two periods. This game came down to their goaltender being better than ours. Without that horrible 3rd goal we get a point at least. Oh well - here's to Ozzie staying off the ice as much as possible.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#376 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:50 PM

Mule, Dats, Z, Bert, Helm :clap:
Kronner, Salei, Osgood, Cleary :(

Edited by clutchngrab, 28 October 2010 - 11:53 PM.

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#377 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:03 AM

Well. On to the next one I suppose.

What's with Datsyuk? He is acting like a total monster right now.

Posted Image

#378 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:55 AM

i don't think he's "acting" :lol:

edit: here's a clip from the game someone recently posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj0ZLABWfjc

Edited by atodaso, 29 October 2010 - 01:58 AM.

#379 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

Its crazy watching him out there. Its like there are brief moments when he's like "I know the objective of this game is to score goals, but first I'm going to see what I can do to make this guy as humiliated as possible."
*Deke deke deke deke deke deke deke*
"Oh look, Zetterberg's open, maybe I should pass it."

#380 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:13 AM

i don't think he's "acting" :lol:

edit: here's a clip from the game someone recently posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj0ZLABWfjc

I missed the game. That is AWESOME.