• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#381 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:28 AM

True but to tie for first is only 2 points away and wings are tied for least games played...

yeah the difference is razor thin right now

if say Howard didn't get those back spasms tonight and the Wings won then Detroit would literally be in first instead of last in the division right now(because of 8 games to Nashville's 9 and Chicago's 11)

#382 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

Just finished watching the game and thought the wings out-played them for the last two periods. This game came down to their goaltender being better than ours. Without that horrible 3rd goal we get a point at least. Oh well - here's to Ozzie staying off the ice as much as possible.

Yeah, here's to Howard playing every game back spasms or whatever. Makes sense to me. :ph34r: Loo was right when she said NObody looked very good in this game and all that time off doesn't seem to have helped. OK, so I paraphrased. :rolleyes:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#383 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

Could have won this game with some competent goaltending. Oh well, at least Datsyuk is worth the price of admission.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#384 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Yeah, here's to Howard playing every game back spasms or whatever. Makes sense to me. :ph34r: Loo was right when she said NObody looked very good in this game and all that time off doesn't seem to have helped. OK, so I paraphrased. :rolleyes:

Bulls***. Helm was awesome as was Pavs.
Do or do not. There is no try

#385 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Could have won this game with some competent goaltending. Oh well, at least Datsyuk is worth the price of admission.

Goaltending will not win a game ever, goal scoring does that.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#386 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

Goaltending will not win a game ever, goal scoring does that.

Tell that to Bryzgalov.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#387 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

yeah the difference is razor thin right now

if say Howard didn't get those back spasms tonight and the Wings won then Detroit would literally be in first instead of last in the division right now(because of 8 games to Nashville's 9 and Chicago's 11)

Because last in the division with games in hand (and 2 points away from being tied at first if I remember correctly) is something to worry about.

Posted Image

#388 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

Bulls***. Helm was awesome as was Pavs.

Quote: "OK, so I paraphrased". I couldn't watch the whole game. I should have quoted Loo directly. So sue me ahready.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#389 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

Just finished watching the game and thought the wings out-played them for the last two periods. This game came down to their goaltender being better than ours. Without that horrible 3rd goal we get a point at least. Oh well - here's to Ozzie staying off the ice as much as possible.

Here's to laughing when your opinion flip-flops again after his next quality outing.

#390 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

Here's to laughing when your opinion flip-flops again after his next quality outing.

When was the last time he had a quality outing? 2 seasons ago?

Edited by Pucks, 29 October 2010 - 03:23 PM.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#391 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

When was the last time he had a quality outing? 2 seasons ago?

the Chicago game earlier this year...?

#392 MrWings787

MrWings787

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:10 PM

Even thow we lost I enjoyed the game considering it was the first game I've been to.

#393 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

the Chicago game earlier this year...?

That is just in your imagination.

Chicago of this year.

Boston, Nashville, Calgary, Washington, Chicago of last year. Those outings never happened.

Posted Image

#394 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hate to say but Im going to.. Some of you people are as bad as Canuck fans :ph34r: It's one game that we lost.
IPB Image