• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Hossa injured

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

We haven't made it to the finals since Kopecky left.

s***. You're right. We really need him back so that he can get injured once again and, in doing so, pave the way for a much more competent player to take his place in the lineup...

Guest Heaten

Well, I didn't say Hossa was the reason Chicago won the Cup, but the guy I quoted said we have the best GM (which I don't dispute) and was glad he signed the guy who wins us Cups and not Hossa. So, he hasn't gotten us a Cup yet since Holland chose him over Hossa. I put the :ninja: there because it was a tongue in cheek statement, sort of like saying the Wings haven't been able to win a Cup without McCarty. His point was Franznen scores so he is gonna win us Cups. My point was Hossa doesn't, yet he won a Cup. (since the decision) You guys are WAY too sensitive... (BTW, We haven't won anything since Zetterberg re-signed either!)

One scores HUGE (and a lot) of playoff goals. One doesn't not. Pretty easy to understand... well, I thought. Guess not?

Playoff beast = playoff flop :ph34r: (in your logic).

By the way, Wings have not made the WCF since Howard has been in net. Maybe he's the reason (again, using your logic). Bottom line, if you want stanely cups, you sign a player like Franzen. Best playoff forward since lockout.

And Hossa seems to be injury prone.

How Hossa gets the playoff flop title and Datsyuk doesn't... I have no clue.

Hossa has been a very good playoff performer.

He has? Based on what? Hossa has had 2 good playoff years in his career and one of them was when he played wing on Crosby's line. Hell even Bill Guerin had a good playoff playing with Crosby.

He has? Based on what? Hossa has had 2 good playoff years in his career and one of them was when he played wing on Crosby's line. Hell even Bill Guerin had a good playoff playing with Crosby.

But, but.... Crosby sucks! Right?

Guest CaliWingsNut

But, but.... Crosby sucks! Right?

Please don't go there. There's enough treads derailed by that name as it is.

Guest LarryMurphySpecial

10 points in 12 games while being a team's best defensive forward doesn't count as a good playoff? Datsyuk only has had 3 good playoff years too, and all of those he was playing with better players than Hossa did with the exception of the one year of Crosby.

We haven't made it to the finals since Kopecky left.

I think you are all missing the real point of this thread...it's not how many cups or finals or WC finals appearances it's been with or without Hossa, Franzen, Kopecky or. The real link to success LEINO.

SC Appearance since LEINO deal:

PHI 1 - DET 0

I think you are all missing the real point of this thread...it's not how many cups or finals or WC finals appearances it's been with or without Hossa, Franzen, Kopecky or. The real link to success LEINO.

SC Appearance since LEINO deal:

PHI 1 - DET 0

Except Detroit had Leino in 2009. He even played a few games in the Final.

Guest Heaten

...and THAT is where Hossa and Franzen are equal. Injury prone... along with Kronwall, Zetterberg...

Using that logic, Toews, Bolland and Campbell are also injury prone.

Guest Crymson

Didn't you see their series against Nashville? Hossa doesn't put in that OT winner and I guarantee Chicago would've gotten knocked out the first round.

.... he tapped the puck in. Anyone could have one-timed that puck into the net.

Didn't you see their series against Nashville? Hossa doesn't put in that OT winner and I guarantee Chicago would've gotten knocked out the first round.

Oh right, you mean the same game where Hossa sits in the box for five minutes and the Predators simply needed to keep the puck in Chicago's end for the rest of the powerplay?

That game where Erat gave the puck away for Kane to score?

Yeah. If not for Hossa...

Guest Heaten

Oh right, you mean the same game where Hossa sits in the box for five minutes and the Predators simply needed to keep the puck in Chicago's end for the rest of the powerplay?

That game where Erat gave the puck away for Kane to score?

Yeah. If not for Hossa...

This. Epic melt down by Nashville more than a heroic comeback by Chicago. Preds s*** the bed.