• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

Kronwall's play so far this year has been completely terrible. That horrid giveaway that cost the wings what may have been a hard, well earned comeback is the last straw. He doesn't hit anymore and he has been terrible with the puck. his mediocre point total and +/- should have him pretty far in babcock's dog house and i hope kindl gets more ice time and kronwall takes a few games off and watches from the press box. rafalski's return can't come too soon.

in case any of you would like to know, i've always been a big kronwall fan but this year his play is just plain upsetting.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#2 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Check the last GDT, i got torn apart for thinking he's played below average this year.

edit: found it

After I said he's been a shell of his former self this year and got torn for it this was my response:

Well, losing a step and not playing physical and making terrible bonehead passes and pinching at inopportune times would classify as a "shadow of his former self" in my book. Plus, besides the GRap call-ups, he's the only D-Man at an even +/-, which is good.

He's been very good on the Powerplay (both goals), but bland and poor even strength. Maybe it does have something to do with switching partners constantly, but that doesn't excuses his Big Rig passes and bad spots to pinch. And he's slower, or at least it looks noticeable to me.

I hope he turns it around, and I fully expect him to once RafalskiUSA is back in the line-up, but for now, he needs to step up.

Followed by being torn into more. Looks at though everyone can see what i saw this year with him. he needs to turn it around and I expect he will once Rafdaddy is back.

Edited by Konnan511, 28 October 2010 - 09:34 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#3 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

Check the last GDT, i got torn apart for thinking he's played below average this year.

he's been absolutely terrible. did his dog die or something? cause he's got no edge to his game whatsoever. he seems to have no interest at all. and everytime he rushes in and Z or dats put the puck right on the tape he goes bread basket or misses the net completely. i have never seen him play this bad...EVER!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#4 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:49 PM

Dear Babcock,
Please sit Janik before Kronwall when Ericsson is back.

Thanks,
Datsyerberger
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#5 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

Dear Babcock,
Please sit Janik before Kronwall when Ericsson is back.

Thanks,
Datsyerberger

Explain.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#6 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

I've always defended Kronner, but that last minute was pretty disappointing. Not being able to finish a scoring chance, then turning the puck over twice leading to the 4th goal.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#7 JoshuaW92

JoshuaW92

Finnish Wing

• 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

yea his level of play hasn't been impressing me at all. i shutter at the thought of him being called "nick jr". he doesn't play anywhere near the same level as lidstrom. all i got to say is that our defense is going to be in a world of hurt when lidstrom hangs em up.

#8 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

Every time I ***** about him the people around call me crazy. He's an exciting player when he's on his game, but the truth is that he hasn't been good at all since the Laraque hit.

#9 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

Did Kindl get abused enroute to a goal tonight?
*this space for rent*

#10 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

Did Kindl get abused enroute to a goal tonight?

Indeed, but he's got offensive upside so all is forgiven, much like kronwall.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#11 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:58 PM

I agree. Our defense is better when its:

Lidstrom - Rafi
Kronwall - Stuart
Ericsson - Salei (though I prefer Lilja, think Ducks would trade Lilja for Salei?)

#12 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

Kronwall's play so far this year has been completely terrible. That horrid giveaway that cost the wings what may have been a hard, well earned comeback is the last straw. He doesn't hit anymore and he has been terrible with the puck. his mediocre point total and +/- should have him pretty far in babcock's dog house and i hope kindl gets more ice time and kronwall takes a few games off and watches from the press box. rafalski's return can't come too soon.

in case any of you would like to know, i've always been a big kronwall fan but this year his play is just plain upsetting.

Hah. I knew that his mishandling of a mediocre pass would generate this sort of ridiculous knee-jerk response.

he's been absolutely terrible. did his dog die or something? cause he's got no edge to his game whatsoever. he seems to have no interest at all. and everytime he rushes in and Z or dats put the puck right on the tape he goes bread basket or misses the net completely. i have never seen him play this bad...EVER!

You obviously weren't watching in '06-'07, then.

#13 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:03 AM

In all honesty Crymson, take this coming from a guy that is actually more optimistic than most on this board, Kronwall's play has been sub-par. Not all of his goofs have ended up in a goal, but I have been noticing him mishandling pucks or making dumb passes more often than usual.

It is the beginning of the season, however. And, as some have stated, the games being spread out could play as the devil's advocate.

Edited by scottj, 29 October 2010 - 12:05 AM.

#14 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:59 AM

In all honesty Crymson, take this coming from a guy that is actually more optimistic than most on this board, Kronwall's play has been sub-par. Not all of his goofs have ended up in a goal, but I have been noticing him mishandling pucks or making dumb passes more often than usual.

It is the beginning of the season, however. And, as some have stated, the games being spread out could play as the devil's advocate.

People are acting as if he's a plague upon the team. He is not playing up to his usual standard, but it would be very silly to suggest that even this level of play places him below Kindl, Salei and Janik. As such, I find the OP's assertion absurd.

#15 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

his mediocre point total and +/- should have him pretty far in babcock's dog house

man i bet babcock regrets drafting him in his fantasy league

#16 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:18 AM

People are acting as if he's a plague upon the team. He is not playing up to his usual standard, but it would be very silly to suggest that even this level of play places him below Kindl, Salei and Janik. As such, I find the OP's assertion absurd.

Kinda absurd... in the fact that he wants him to sit for a couple games. I say one tops. That doesn't mean that he's below Salei or Janik, just that the coach doesn't like what he sees atm. IE Kovalchuk getting benched.. obviously he wasn't playing worse than the rest of the team, but the coach found a reason for him to sit. primarily for a lesson.

with that being said, I think Kronwall missing a game would be s***ty for the team and unnecessary. I'm sure he knows what his problems are and has the maturity and dedication to fix it, if not... gtfo to the doghouse

#17 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

Kronwall's been declining for...18 months? Is he ever going to get back to the level he was once at?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#18 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:13 AM

Yay for knee-jerk reactions!!!! :drunk:

#19 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

Yay for knee-jerk reactions!!!! :drunk:

A year long knee-jerk reaction?

Interesting.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#20 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

A year long knee-jerk reaction?

Interesting.

A 1-night knee-jerk reaction! It is very interesting indeed! :drunk:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 29 October 2010 - 07:00 AM.