• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Kronwall needs time in the press box

Rate this topic

Kronwall's play so far this year has been completely terrible. That horrid giveaway that cost the wings what may have been a hard, well earned comeback is the last straw. He doesn't hit anymore and he has been terrible with the puck. his mediocre point total and +/- should have him pretty far in babcock's dog house and i hope kindl gets more ice time and kronwall takes a few games off and watches from the press box. rafalski's return can't come too soon.

in case any of you would like to know, i've always been a big kronwall fan but this year his play is just plain upsetting.

Check the last GDT, i got torn apart for thinking he's played below average this year.

edit: found it

After I said he's been a shell of his former self this year and got torn for it this was my response:

Well, losing a step and not playing physical and making terrible bonehead passes and pinching at inopportune times would classify as a "shadow of his former self" in my book. Plus, besides the GRap call-ups, he's the only D-Man at an even +/-, which is good.

He's been very good on the Powerplay (both goals), but bland and poor even strength. Maybe it does have something to do with switching partners constantly, but that doesn't excuses his Big Rig passes and bad spots to pinch. And he's slower, or at least it looks noticeable to me.

I hope he turns it around, and I fully expect him to once RafalskiUSA is back in the line-up, but for now, he needs to step up.

Followed by being torn into more. Looks at though everyone can see what i saw this year with him. he needs to turn it around and I expect he will once Rafdaddy is back.

Edited by Konnan511

Check the last GDT, i got torn apart for thinking he's played below average this year.

he's been absolutely terrible. did his dog die or something? cause he's got no edge to his game whatsoever. he seems to have no interest at all. and everytime he rushes in and Z or dats put the puck right on the tape he goes bread basket or misses the net completely. i have never seen him play this bad...EVER!

yea his level of play hasn't been impressing me at all. i shutter at the thought of him being called "nick jr". he doesn't play anywhere near the same level as lidstrom. all i got to say is that our defense is going to be in a world of hurt when lidstrom hangs em up.

Guest Heaten

I agree. Our defense is better when its:

Lidstrom - Rafi

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Salei (though I prefer Lilja, think Ducks would trade Lilja for Salei?)

Guest Crymson

Kronwall's play so far this year has been completely terrible. That horrid giveaway that cost the wings what may have been a hard, well earned comeback is the last straw. He doesn't hit anymore and he has been terrible with the puck. his mediocre point total and +/- should have him pretty far in babcock's dog house and i hope kindl gets more ice time and kronwall takes a few games off and watches from the press box. rafalski's return can't come too soon.

in case any of you would like to know, i've always been a big kronwall fan but this year his play is just plain upsetting.

Hah. I knew that his mishandling of a mediocre pass would generate this sort of ridiculous knee-jerk response.

he's been absolutely terrible. did his dog die or something? cause he's got no edge to his game whatsoever. he seems to have no interest at all. and everytime he rushes in and Z or dats put the puck right on the tape he goes bread basket or misses the net completely. i have never seen him play this bad...EVER!

You obviously weren't watching in '06-'07, then.

Guest scottj

In all honesty Crymson, take this coming from a guy that is actually more optimistic than most on this board, Kronwall's play has been sub-par. Not all of his goofs have ended up in a goal, but I have been noticing him mishandling pucks or making dumb passes more often than usual.

It is the beginning of the season, however. And, as some have stated, the games being spread out could play as the devil's advocate.

Edited by scottj

Guest Crymson

In all honesty Crymson, take this coming from a guy that is actually more optimistic than most on this board, Kronwall's play has been sub-par. Not all of his goofs have ended up in a goal, but I have been noticing him mishandling pucks or making dumb passes more often than usual.

It is the beginning of the season, however. And, as some have stated, the games being spread out could play as the devil's advocate.

People are acting as if he's a plague upon the team. He is not playing up to his usual standard, but it would be very silly to suggest that even this level of play places him below Kindl, Salei and Janik. As such, I find the OP's assertion absurd.

Guest Stolberg
his mediocre point total and +/- should have him pretty far in babcock's dog house

man i bet babcock regrets drafting him in his fantasy league

Guest scottj

People are acting as if he's a plague upon the team. He is not playing up to his usual standard, but it would be very silly to suggest that even this level of play places him below Kindl, Salei and Janik. As such, I find the OP's assertion absurd.

Kinda absurd... in the fact that he wants him to sit for a couple games. I say one tops. That doesn't mean that he's below Salei or Janik, just that the coach doesn't like what he sees atm. IE Kovalchuk getting benched.. obviously he wasn't playing worse than the rest of the team, but the coach found a reason for him to sit. primarily for a lesson.

with that being said, I think Kronwall missing a game would be s***ty for the team and unnecessary. I'm sure he knows what his problems are and has the maturity and dedication to fix it, if not... gtfo to the doghouse

a flub of a puck when the net is empty = sit him?!? :huh: :huh:

He was one of our best defensemen last night and short of that gaff, was one of the only reasons we were still in the game... he was moving the puck well, moving quickly and making smart plays...

he's had a revolving door of d partners this year and that's hard to get into a groove... the knee jerk reactions on this board floor me sometimes...

EDIT: Oh, by the way, we're 5-2-1 if you guys haven't noticed... get off the ledge...

Edited by stevkrause

He was one of our best defensemen last night and short of that gaff, was one of the only reasons we were still in the game... he was moving the puck well, moving quickly and making smart plays...

he's had a revolving door of d partners this year and that's hard to get into a groove... the knee jerk reactions on this board floor me sometimes...

EDIT: Oh, by the way, we're 5-2-1 if you guys haven't noticed... get off the ledge...

But the ledge is so tempting!!!

brave-person-walking-out-on-the-glacier-point-ledge.jpg

Should have sat him the last time we played Phoenix. That would have taught him. :rolleyes:

Edited by 55fan

Guest Crymson

But the ledge is so tempting!!!

That is a gorgeous ledge. I'd love to eat lunch there someday.