• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

Kronwall needs time in the press box

Rate this topic

We need 2008 playoff version of Kronwall back.

They can't sit Kronwall now with Janik and Kindl already dressed. Lidstrom and Stuart would have to play 40 minutes. Never thought I would say this, but I'm looking forward to getting Ericsson back.

He's been FINE, he could play a little more physical again, but I'm sure with all the injuries, that that has something to do with it... once everyone is healthy, pair him with Rafalski (I originally wanted Stuart and Rafalski, but Stuart seems to prefer the right side and has been playing very well with Lids, so why break it up?) and watch the difference...

Edited by stevkrause

Kronwall's play so far this year has been completely terrible. That horrid giveaway that cost the wings what may have been a hard, well earned comeback is the last straw. He doesn't hit anymore and he has been terrible with the puck. his mediocre point total and +/- should have him pretty far in babcock's dog house and i hope kindl gets more ice time and kronwall takes a few games off and watches from the press box. rafalski's return can't come too soon.

in case any of you would like to know, i've always been a big kronwall fan but this year his play is just plain upsetting.

This board blows my mind sometimes. Granted the give away stung but fanning on a pass does not equate to playing poorly. What Kindl did last night was brutal. He had a chance to step up and snuff out the play by grabbing the puck and instead he retreats, steps to the outside and gets burnt badly and gives up a breakaway. Now, I can excuse this because Kindl is a rookie but for the OP to go on about the idea of Kronwall being a healthy scratch fow a few games while the green Kindl gets even more ice time is insane.

Although Kronwall as not be insanely good he has been far from bad. The only thing anyone can truly knock him for is his lack of finish on some chances of late. Some of you people on this board of some serious issues with rating the play of players on this team.

Hah. I knew that his mishandling of a mediocre pass would generate this sort of ridiculous knee-jerk response.

You obviously weren't watching in '06-'07, then.

nope. not a knee jerk reaction at all and yes i've watched kronwall in his entire tenure as a wing. like i said in the OP, i've always been a big kronwall fan. i'm just in complete disbelief with how bad he's been. he's been regressing badly and i hope he doesn't end up redden 2.0. i think kronner's better than that. but in response to "the mishandling", if that was kindl or ericsson, they're in the press box for sure for multiple games. i think a benching may light a fire under kronwall, and it's something that is much needed.

This board blows my mind sometimes. Granted the give away stung but fanning on a pass does not equate to playing poorly. What Kindl did last night was brutal. He had a chance to step up and snuff out the play by grabbing the puck and instead he retreats, steps to the outside and gets burnt badly and gives up a breakaway. Now, I can excuse this because Kindl is a rookie but for the OP to go on about the idea of Kronwall being a healthy scratch fow a few games while the green Kindl gets even more ice time is insane.

Although Kronwall as not be insanely good he has been far from bad. The only thing anyone can truly knock him for is his lack of finish on some chances of late. Some of you people on this board of some serious issues with rating the play of players on this team.

I agree Kronwall was not the worst out there last night. Kindle is pathetic. I have watched Kindle in GR for the last few years. Every time there is a giveaway it is Kindle. Bad penalty, Kindle. Puck gets by the blue line, guess who.

Last night Kindle did not play in the 3rd and I am not sure if he played in the 2nd either. He had 7 minutes of ice time total. I think the wings are noticing what the fans have in GR for the time he played here. Kindle is not the player they think he is. He could not handle the AHL level, there is no way he can play in the NHL.

Last night he was skating backwards at the blue line with coyotes coming at him and he dropped his stick. It wasn't broke. It just slipped out of his hand...

Next game he is in try to watch his play when he is on the ice. If you have Tivo/DVR you can easily keep track of how many times he screws up. Though you may need an abacus because your fingers and toes will not be enough after his first 3 shifts.

I think after the 2008 playoffs, a lot of people were expecting him to be a future number 1 defenseman that could contend for the Norris trophy.

His play has not really improved over these last few years, and this year it seems to have declined.

I don't think benching him would help any, since we're already short on defensemen. If everyone is healthy and he still plays poorly, then maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea.

i knew i'd get flaming for calling out kronner, but i've wathched all but 1 wings game this year, and missed the 1st horrid period last night to pick up the wife, but kronwall has been bad with the puck and giving it away on a regular basis. i sincerely hope he's just recovering from mono or something cause he doesn't look like kronner at all out there. and all the games i watched kindl play, he's been pretty good. he needs more ice time to really progress and maybe he should be paired with kronwall to put a little more pressure on nick to perform better with a rookie sidekick. either way, kronwall has alot more to offer than what he is right now.

Guest Crymson

nope. not a knee jerk reaction at all and yes i've watched kronwall in his entire tenure as a wing. like i said in the OP, i've always been a big kronwall fan. i'm just in complete disbelief with how bad he's been. he's been regressing badly and i hope he doesn't end up redden 2.0. i think kronner's better than that. but in response to "the mishandling", if that was kindl or ericsson, they're in the press box for sure for multiple games. i think a benching may light a fire under kronwall, and it's something that is much needed.

Saying that it's not a knee-jerk reaction doesn't make it so. Redden 2.0? LOL. You do know that the deal with Redden was that he was paid $6.5m per year, right? You do know that $6.5m is more than DOUBLE Kronwall's yearly salary, right? Yeesh.

As for your comment about Ericsson or Kindl being benched were they to mishandle that pass... wow. You just keep on making hyperbolic statements. Well, actually, this one could simply be called "incorrect." Empirical evidence is wholly against your claim.

Kronwall isn't playing up to his usual standard, but he's not playing terribly. Quit panicking.

I agree Kronwall was not the worst out there last night. Kindle is pathetic. I have watched Kindle in GR for the last few years. Every time there is a giveaway it is Kindle. Bad penalty, Kindle. Puck gets by the blue line, guess who.

Last night Kindle did not play in the 3rd and I am not sure if he played in the 2nd either. He had 7 minutes of ice time total. I think the wings are noticing what the fans have in GR for the time he played here. Kindle is not the player they think he is. He could not handle the AHL level, there is no way he can play in the NHL.

Last night he was skating backwards at the blue line with coyotes coming at him and he dropped his stick. It wasn't broke. It just slipped out of his hand...

Next game he is in try to watch his play when he is on the ice. If you have Tivo/DVR you can easily keep track of how many times he screws up. Though you may need an abacus because your fingers and toes will not be enough after his first 3 shifts.

I mean no offense, but if you really followed Kindl so much as you're claiming to, I think you'd be able to spell his name correctly.

yea, but how well will you really be able to enjoy it, considering how crowded it will be with so many members from LGW up there?

There might be some accidents.

The book reader from Amazon?

Edited by stevkrause

Saying that it's not a knee-jerk reaction doesn't make it so. Redden 2.0? LOL. You do know that the deal with Redden was that he was paid $6.5m per year, right? You do know that $6.5m is more than DOUBLE Kronwall's yearly salary, right? Yeesh.

As for your comment about Ericsson or Kindl being benched were they to mishandle that pass... wow. You just keep on making hyperbolic statements. Well, actually, this one could simply be called "incorrect." Empirical evidence is wholly against your claim.

Kronwall isn't playing up to his usual standard, but he's not playing terribly. Quit panicking.

I mean no offense, but if you really followed Kindl so much as you're claiming to, I think you'd be able to spell his name correctly.

There might be some accidents.

I endorse this entire reply on all accounts.

and this one as well.

Check the last GDT, i got torn apart for thinking he's played below average this year.

edit: found it

After I said he's been a shell of his former self this year and got torn for it this was my response:

Followed by being torn into more. Looks at though everyone can see what i saw this year with him. he needs to turn it around and I expect he will once Rafdaddy is back.

God, you are dramatic.

Nobody 'tore you apart' in that thread (a thread that was made nearly a week BEFORE last night's game), I simply pointed out your dramatic sky-is-falling reaction to Kronwall was a little outlandish.

You're still way off, btw. He was playing very well last night before his last minute blunder, generated chances through passing, took a lot of shots, got into the offensive play, etc. Far from our worst player out there.

As I pointed out in the other thread, where I apparently so cruelly tore you apart, our defense as a whole has been very lackluster. Two of our d-men are not NHL worthy at the moment, the planned D-pairings have been juggled constantly, and our number 2 guy is out.

Between benching Kronwall, the entire 3rd line, Miller, waiving Osgood, we would be a little thin on the bench if our brass listened to knee-jerkers. Sheesh.

and that too, haha

although, this one I actually agree with, but that's for a whole litany of points and other arguments as well that stem back to the day he started here...

lol I was gonna put that too, but I kinda agree with it as well. Just hasn't been the same with in charge.

Guest Crymson

I'm with you on the rest of it, but wouldn't Kindl barely playing after the stupid elbowing penalty and giving up the breakaway count as "empirical evidence"?

esteef

Having one's ice time cut dramatically is very, very different from being plopped in the press box for games on end.

Edited by Crymson

Well - it was my attempt to bring some levity to the topic, and avert the Kronwall bashing onto someone else :P

in all seriousness though, I really do put at least part of the blame on Ericsson's defensive steps back, Kronwall's inability to taking that leap forward to elite, Ledba's HORRENDOUS steps backwards and Meech never developing into more than a fringe NHL'er on McCrimmon...

i knew i'd get flaming for calling out kronner, but i've wathched all but 1 wings game this year, and missed the 1st horrid period last night to pick up the wife, but kronwall has been bad with the puck and giving it away on a regular basis. i sincerely hope he's just recovering from mono or something cause he doesn't look like kronner at all out there. and all the games i watched kindl play, he's been pretty good. he needs more ice time to really progress and maybe he should be paired with kronwall to put a little more pressure on nick to perform better with a rookie sidekick. either way, kronwall has alot more to offer than what he is right now.

Kindl does need more ice time to improve but at the same time he has to be held accountable for his play. When he plays like crap he should sit his ass on the bench and watch for the rest of the night like he was forced to do last night. I'm not 'flaming' you for having the opinion that Kronwall is playing poorly but to freak out and make it seem like Kronwall is so terrible right now that he should be benched for multiple games is nuts. Taking it to such an extreme is ridiculous.

I endorse this entire reply on all accounts.

and this one as well.

At least there's some sanity on this board

Sorry I got his name wrong there, mister perfect. Actually I think it should have been Kindling since he breaks like a little twig when the opposing team is near him.

The book reader from Amazon?

Good idea, lets dress a book reader in his place. I bet it would stop more pucks from leaving the zone on a powerplay.