• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

Check the last GDT, i got torn apart for thinking he's played below average this year.

edit: found it

After I said he's been a shell of his former self this year and got torn for it this was my response:

Followed by being torn into more. Looks at though everyone can see what i saw this year with him. he needs to turn it around and I expect he will once Rafdaddy is back.

God, you are dramatic.

Nobody 'tore you apart' in that thread (a thread that was made nearly a week BEFORE last night's game), I simply pointed out your dramatic sky-is-falling reaction to Kronwall was a little outlandish.

You're still way off, btw. He was playing very well last night before his last minute blunder, generated chances through passing, took a lot of shots, got into the offensive play, etc. Far from our worst player out there.

As I pointed out in the other thread, where I apparently so cruelly tore you apart, our defense as a whole has been very lackluster. Two of our d-men are not NHL worthy at the moment, the planned D-pairings have been juggled constantly, and our number 2 guy is out.

Between benching Kronwall, the entire 3rd line, Miller, waiving Osgood, we would be a little thin on the bench if our brass listened to knee-jerkers. Sheesh.
Posted Image

#42 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Between benching Kronwall, the entire 3rd line, Miller, waiving Osgood, we would be a little thin on the bench if our brass listened to knee-jerkers. Sheesh.

You forgot about trading Hudler :hehe:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#43 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

FIRE McCRIMMON!!!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#44 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

FIRE McCRIMMON!!!

and that too, haha

although, this one I actually agree with, but that's for a whole litany of points and other arguments as well that stem back to the day he started here...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#45 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:42 PM

Empirical evidence is wholly against your claim.

I'm with you on the rest of it, but wouldn't Kindl barely playing after the stupid elbowing penalty and giving up the breakaway count as "empirical evidence"?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#46 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

and that too, haha

although, this one I actually agree with, but that's for a whole litany of points and other arguments as well that stem back to the day he started here...

lol I was gonna put that too, but I kinda agree with it as well. Just hasn't been the same with in charge.
Posted Image

#47 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

and that too, haha

Well - it was my attempt to bring some levity to the topic, and avert the Kronwall bashing onto someone else :P

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#48 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:51 PM

I'm with you on the rest of it, but wouldn't Kindl barely playing after the stupid elbowing penalty and giving up the breakaway count as "empirical evidence"?

esteef

Having one's ice time cut dramatically is very, very different from being plopped in the press box for games on end.

Edited by Crymson, 29 October 2010 - 01:52 PM.

#49 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:54 PM

Well - it was my attempt to bring some levity to the topic, and avert the Kronwall bashing onto someone else :P

in all seriousness though, I really do put at least part of the blame on Ericsson's defensive steps back, Kronwall's inability to taking that leap forward to elite, Ledba's HORRENDOUS steps backwards and Meech never developing into more than a fringe NHL'er on McCrimmon...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#50 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

Having one's ice time cut dramatically is very, very different from being plopped in the press box for games on end.

Not having available d-men to able to bench someone doesn't help either.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#51 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

i knew i'd get flaming for calling out kronner, but i've wathched all but 1 wings game this year, and missed the 1st horrid period last night to pick up the wife, but kronwall has been bad with the puck and giving it away on a regular basis. i sincerely hope he's just recovering from mono or something cause he doesn't look like kronner at all out there. and all the games i watched kindl play, he's been pretty good. he needs more ice time to really progress and maybe he should be paired with kronwall to put a little more pressure on nick to perform better with a rookie sidekick. either way, kronwall has alot more to offer than what he is right now.

Kindl does need more ice time to improve but at the same time he has to be held accountable for his play. When he plays like crap he should sit his ass on the bench and watch for the rest of the night like he was forced to do last night. I'm not 'flaming' you for having the opinion that Kronwall is playing poorly but to freak out and make it seem like Kronwall is so terrible right now that he should be benched for multiple games is nuts. Taking it to such an extreme is ridiculous.

I endorse this entire reply on all accounts.

and this one as well.

At least there's some sanity on this board
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#52 Trastion

Trastion

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

I mean no offense, but if you really followed Kindl so much as you're claiming to, I think you'd be able to spell his name correctly.

Sorry I got his name wrong there, mister perfect. Actually I think it should have been Kindling since he breaks like a little twig when the opposing team is near him.

The book reader from Amazon?

Good idea, lets dress a book reader in his place. I bet it would stop more pucks from leaving the zone on a powerplay.

#53 joesuffpaulson

joesuffpaulson

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

I think other than Lidstrom detroits defense has been terrible. If the opposing team gets the puck in detroits zone with two forecheckers it is guarenteed there getting the puck with atleast two chances for detroit to get it out with someone keeping it in the zone... The wings forwards have been great though single handedly killing penalties if the wings forwards weren't playing so well the wings would be in the s***s... i have never noticed such bad defense on any other team ive watched so far this season.... its quite clear that detroits defense is the problem there forwards have been great though.... the worst d men on the team go as follows from worse to better Janik, Salei, Kronwall, Stuart, Lidstrom, Rafalski

#54 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

Kronwall should've been traded at the draft to move up (and cut salary) He was touted to be Nick, Jr....

...well, he has payed like a junior alright. He had one good playoff, when salary needed to be dumped he should've been traded (along with the rights to Hudler.) Somewhere, someone has to go. Lets just hope he gets his ass in gear and returns to his "Kronwalling" days. Of course, dont know who would replace him...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#55 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

Kronwall should've been traded at the draft to move up (and cut salary) He was touted to be Nick, Jr....

...well, he has payed like a junior alright. He had one good playoff, when salary needed to be dumped he should've been traded (along with the rights to Hudler.) Somewhere, someone has to go. Lets just hope he gets his ass in gear and returns to his "Kronwalling" days. Of course, dont know who would replace him...

Aaaaand we're back to 2007-2008 LeftWinger.

#56 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

Im more upset with kindle getting turned inside out then kronners play granted that give away put us away for good but we shouldve never been down 3-0 to begin with.
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#57 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:42 PM

Im more upset with kindle getting turned inside out then kronners play granted that give away put us away for good but we shouldve never been down 3-0 to begin with.

Most rookies will make mistakes like that. The step from the AHL to the NHL is a huge one. I think he deserves a pass in this particular case. Of course, that will not necessarily be true if it happens to him again.

#58 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

Went to an autograph signing for him yesterday and asked what was up with him. He said, "Tell everyone to shut up and watch the rest of the season!"

Not really, but seriously, how many games are we in and you're already all complaining? Christ almighty...

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg