• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimaline312000

Playing a Game @ the Joe 2Morrow

Rate this topic

My Sled Hockey team got invited by the Detroit Red Wings to come watch them Practice tomorrow Saturday Oct 30 we also get to play a game vs another Sled Hockey Team at the Joe. After that we all get tickets to see the Wings play the Preds tomorrow as part of the Detroit Red Wings Disabled Hockey Night. My whole team and I have been very excited about getting this Oppertunity. It's really cool that we get to play on the same ice as our NHL Heroes. Going to be a fun day!! Hope to see the Wings pull out a Victory Vs Nashville tomorrow. Go Red Wings!!

OK, I am personally pissed. And jealous. Have fun!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'll probably get flamed for this but what the H:

Your pissed and jealous that a guy gets to play SLED (disabled) hockey at the Joe?!?!?!?!?! WTF! I know your saying you wish you could play at the Joe- but I'm not so sure you thought about his disability being the issue (but then maybe YOU are disabled too and I'm a COMPLETE tool- who knows).

I manage real estate for disabled people and some of them pay $25 a month for rent in a GREAT apartment complex but they have no income and a disability- I can assure you I have never been jealous that they only pay $25 in rent because they have no income and are disabled.

But I digress- not really picking at you- just thought it was a strange way to post it is all.

It would be like an NHL player saying: "Man Vlad got to go on the ice and take a lap around the ice with the Stanley Cup after the Wings won- I'm so jealous"

Edited by Lord Stanely

Your pissed and jealous that a guy gets to play SLED (disabled) hockey at the Joe?!?!?!?!?! WTF! I know your saying you wish you could play at the Joe- but I'm not so sure you thought about his disability being the issue (but then maybe YOU are disabled too and I'm a COMPLETE tool- who knows).

I manage real estate for disabled people and some of them pay $25 a month for rent in a GREAT apartment complex but they have no income and a disability- I can assure you I have never been jealous that they only pay $25 in rent because they have no income and are disabled.

But I digress- not really picking at you- just thought it was a strange way to post it is all.

It would be like an NHL player saying: "Man Vlad got to go on the ice and take a lap around the ice with the Stanley Cup after the Wings won- I'm so jealous"

Get over yourself and chill out. She was just joking :rolleyes:

Good lord, you thought I was serious??!! I'm not sure how you thought that was possible that I was really upset, but I am absolutely bowled over by your response. I WAS KIDDING. I'm very happy for him and for all those involved. I have a brother who was disabled and it ended up killing him. I have worked with disabled people, both mental and physical. You didn't know any of that but it doesn't really matter. Point is, you made a really negative assumption on the spur of the moment. Did you see my words where I said, "Have fun!" What else could I have meant? OK, I'm moving on. Very quickly.

P.S. I was the one who gave you a plus. That's how floored I was with your response. That was MY knee-jerk reaction. :blink:

Edited by Vladifan

Meant to get back on here sooner but I was busy the past week. Playing at the Joe was an unbeleiveable experience. There was nothing like skating right out to the center ice Hockeytown Logo and touch it with my hand. I wish I could say the game was a success for my team but we played a team from Fraser that was an all adult team against a few of our kids and the rest were our adult team and the team from Fraser had been playing together for years so my team lost 9-0 we only got one shot on goal. The whole days was a blast. Watching both teams practice in the morning was great. Being in the basement of the Joe where our locker rooms were was AWESOME!! Seeing all the names and years of the Championship Teams on the wall was soo cool. Seeing the Stock room where all the Merchandise was kept than after the game both teams and families when to the Manhattan Room in the Joe and had Pizza for Dinner and staying in the room until the game seeing all the cool photos and memorbilia on the walls. Than whlie we were still in waiting for the doors to open a few of the players came through the room, I got to shake Zetterberg's, Helm's MacDonald,s and Cleary's hand was just fantastic and then of course having the Wings win just topped off a great day and wonderful experience!! It's something that will stick with me forever.

Meant to get back on here sooner but I was busy the past week. Playing at the Joe was an unbeleiveable experience. There was nothing like skating right out to the center ice Hockeytown Logo and touch it with my hand. I wish I could say the game was a success for my team but we played a team from Fraser that was an all adult team against a few of our kids and the rest were our adult team and the team from Fraser had been playing together for years so my team lost 9-0 we only got one shot on goal. The whole days was a blast. Watching both teams practice in the morning was great. Being in the basement of the Joe where our locker rooms were was AWESOME!! Seeing all the names and years of the Championship Teams on the wall was soo cool. Seeing the Stock room where all the Merchandise was kept than after the game both teams and families when to the Manhattan Room in the Joe and had Pizza for Dinner and staying in the room until the game seeing all the cool photos and memorbilia on the walls. Than whlie we were still in waiting for the doors to open a few of the players came through the room, I got to shake Zetterberg's, Helm's MacDonald,s and Cleary's hand was just fantastic and then of course having the Wings win just topped off a great day and wonderful experience!! It's something that will stick with me forever.

That is really awesome! After reading this thread a few weeks ago, I was wondering how it all turned out. Sounds like a truly unique experience, and awesome that you got to meet some of the players!!! Sled hockey seems like a really awesome game with a lot of great people surrounding it. Shame you couldn't win, but just competing on that ice is enough I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Just wanted to let you all know that if you wanted to see a small clip of the game you can go to YouTube.com and type in Sled Hockey @ Joe Louis Arena and it should be the top video on the page. Also there is a more in depth look in another small video that is on facebook about the entire event that the Red Wings put on for all of Disabled Hockey. Thanks for all the support.

Just wanted to let you all know that if you wanted to see a small clip of the game you can go to YouTube.com and type in Sled Hockey @ Joe Louis Arena and it should be the top video on the page. Also there is a more in depth look in another small video that is on facebook about the entire event that the Red Wings put on for all of Disabled Hockey. Thanks for all the support.

I'm glad you all had a great time! :)