• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rick zombo

Abdlekader in, Osgood to start again.

Rate this topic

Miller? Modano? Hudler?

Here's to Osgood taking his 2nd and 3rd period performances and extending it to Saturday.

I liked the way he played after giving up those goals, I think it was a wakeup call to the team and him.

You could see how frustrated/sad he was giving up that 3rd goal and I think he finally got his mojo back.

I'm gonna say we win 3-1 and their goal comes on the powerplay.

Im holding on by a finger to the modano bandwagon. He just looks so effing lazy out there. Please bench him.

and osgood again? jesus, i dont pay good money for tickets to watch flukers from the top of the circle.

Edited by Din758

I liked the way he played after giving up those goals, I think it was a wakeup call to the team and him.

You could see how frustrated/sad he was giving up that 3rd goal and I think he finally got his mojo back.

I'm gonna say we win 3-1 and their goal comes on the powerplay.

I often am very critical of Ozzy and am also for getting a new back up if his play continues over his next few starts...However I think everyone would agree that the best scenario would be for Ozzy to have a great year here behind Jimmy and go down in Red Wings history and one of our elite goaliesthumbup.gif Good luck Chris!

Guest mindfly

Happy that abdelkader will play again but i feel sick to my stomach every game osgood is playing, he should have hung em up after the cup win.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Why can't we give McDonald a chance?

As for the 3rd line, I think it's down to Modano or Hudler. I'm not entirely sure who's at fault.

Hudler is my guess for who's spending the evening in the press box. This is regardless of a couple of bad breaks last night (like bertuzzi's skate). This is also regardless of the fact I think he's performed better than Modano. He's my choice because he's not new to the team and still hasn't been producing. He's played with most people on the team, and should be comfortable with them, while Modano has not.

On the other hand, Modano hasn't done much of anything. He was handed that first goal practically on a platter by Cleary. He seems reluctant to shoot the puck. This includes several situations where he has had a chance, and instead passed behind to Hudler for a worse chance. I haven't seen him creating chances for others as a playmaker either. This worries me, however I hope it's just a line pairing issue.

This will undoubtedly drive some people up their personal walls, but tough s***. I am a firm believer in positive and negative vibes. Call it electrical, magnetic, ether-oriented, mental, physical, whatever. I believe our thoughts, whether positive or negative, have great influence on events in general, and on people specifically. And I believe the more people lean one way or another, the more influence there is on the given subject.

I know stating this will have no effect whatsoever on how anyone here thinks about Ozzie and or the team while they're playing. Most of you have decided where you stand, especially with him.

But I will be doing my damndest to think nothing but positive thoughts about him and his play whenever he is in net for the Detroit Red Wings. If for no other reason, maybe to balance out the bulls*** that's coming his way in waves. I figure why the hell not? What's to lose?

Edited by Vladifan

Why can't we give McDonald a chance?

As for the 3rd line, I think it's down to Modano or Hudler. I'm not entirely sure who's at fault.

Hudler is my guess for who's spending the evening in the press box. This is regardless of a couple of bad breaks last night (like bertuzzi's skate). This is also regardless of the fact I think he's performed better than Modano. He's my choice because he's not new to the team and still hasn't been producing. He's played with most people on the team, and should be comfortable with them, while Modano has not.

On the other hand, Modano hasn't done much of anything. He was handed that first goal practically on a platter by Cleary. He seems reluctant to shoot the puck. This includes several situations where he has had a chance, and instead passed behind to Hudler for a worse chance. I haven't seen him creating chances for others as a playmaker either. This worries me, however I hope it's just a line pairing issue.

Because Babcock's main intention is to make your sports-related life a personall hell. :ph34r:

This will undoubtedly drive some people up their personal walls, but tough s***. I am a firm believer in positive and negative vibes. Call it electrical, magnetic, ether-oriented, mental, physical, whatever. I believe our thoughts, whether positive or negative, have great influence on events in general, and on people specifically. And I believe the more people lean one way or another, the more influence there is on the given subject.

I know stating this will have no effect whatsoever on how anyone here thinks about Ozzie and or the team while they're playing. Most of you have decided where you stand, especially with him.

But I will be doing my damndest to think nothing but positive thoughts about him and his play whenever he is in net for the Detroit Red Wings. If for no other reason, maybe to balance out the bulls*** that's coming his way in waves. I figure why the hell not? What's to lose?

I believe this too. It applies to much more than just the team too. I'll be doing the same, as I always to when he's in net.

Guest scottj

I'm confident in Ozzy, he had a good bounce back after those first 3 goals. Hopefully it transfers over to this game...

:goalie2:

Guest mindfly

Osgood is a very poor goalie in todays nhl, standing only 5'10 and has very poor goalie technique, it's not hard for even the average shooter to pick a corner on him, he will be the last one of his kind when he hangs em up, now it's the time for 6'3+ & 100% clear cut bytterfly goalies, no questions asked.

Edited by mindfly

I believe this too. It applies to much more than just the team too. I'll be doing the same, as I always to when he's in net.

I knew you had a good face. :)

Osgood is a very poor goalie in todays nhl, standing only 5'10 and has very poor goalie technique, it's not hard for even the average shooter to pick a corner on him, he will be the last one of his kind when he hangs em up, now it's the time for 6'3+ & 100% clear cut bytterfly goalies, no questions asked.

WHO are you going to trade? And for whom? Specifics, please. I believe this has been asked of you before?

I knew you had a good face. :)

WHO are you going to trade? And for whom? Specifics, please. I believe this has been asked of you before?

Yeah I just don't get the trade Osgood talk. Sure we would all love to have a more stable goalie situation, but Osgood is who we have, and there really is not anyone better available at the moment under the current circumstances.

I remember the same sort of play from him last year, let up some soft ones early, get over it and play much better but often too little, too late. I'm actually glad he is getting the start again, you need more than one game to prove yourself, and he is getting the chance.

As far as who Abs replaces, I too think it SHOULD be Modano, but don't know if it will. That one hooking penalty he took yesterday and the 19 chances he was unable to finish kinda told me he should see how the wings look from the press box.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say Hudler actually...

I can't remember who was arguing with me that Abs would not be back in unless there was an injury - As I said then, he would be in by Thur or Sat. mark my words... well, mark those words as correct.

Wow! Really? You win the internet.