• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rick zombo

Abdlekader in, Osgood to start again.

Rate this topic

s***.. Another L, guaranteed.

Seriously, dude?

Yeah, last year sucked. Find me any goalie who's going to be in good form when sitting a month at a time.

396 wins, 50 playoff wins, Jennings Trophy, 3 Cups. He's not dead yet. :goalie1:

Seriously, dude?

Yeah, last year sucked. Find me any goalie who's going to be in good form when sitting a month at a time.

396 wins, 50 playoff wins, Jennings Trophy, 3 Cups. He's not dead yet. :goalie1:

Ahem. 397.

I love me some Jimmeh, but I want Ozzie to go out with a winning season, at least.

Edited by Robert le Tiers

Guest scottj

This will undoubtedly drive some people up their personal walls, but tough s***. I am a firm believer in positive and negative vibes. Call it electrical, magnetic, ether-oriented, mental, physical, whatever. I believe our thoughts, whether positive or negative, have great influence on events in general, and on people specifically. And I believe the more people lean one way or another, the more influence there is on the given subject.

I know stating this will have no effect whatsoever on how anyone here thinks about Ozzie and or the team while they're playing. Most of you have decided where you stand, especially with him.

But I will be doing my damndest to think nothing but positive thoughts about him and his play whenever he is in net for the Detroit Red Wings. If for no other reason, maybe to balance out the bulls*** that's coming his way in waves. I figure why the hell not? What's to lose?

lol I think somewhat like this too... that's why I was unnecessarily yelling sometimes at the home opener. you gotta do your part people! don't just sit there!

Osgood is a very poor goalie in todays nhl, standing only 5'10 and has very poor goalie technique, it's not hard for even the average shooter to pick a corner on him, he will be the last one of his kind when he hangs em up, now it's the time for 6'3+ & 100% clear cut bytterfly goalies, no questions asked.

We've been over this on these boards. Osgood hasn't had the chance to play consistently (even for backup-levels) in well over a year. Even this season, with the Wings taking such long breaks between games he's hardly seen any play. He clearly got better after the 3rd goal and I think starting him again is smart. It breaks up the routine and helps Ozzie avoid making things worse by dwelling on his bad play. Now he's got a chance to even the score and keep himself together mentally.

Smart move by Babcock.

As for who sits, it has to be between Hudler and Modano. Every single other player is carrying their weight. I'd lean toward Modano (since Hudler has at least been trying, all over the ice) but we basically promised Modano he'd play to get him to come here, so I guess it'll be Hudler.

As for who sits, it has to be between Hudler and Modano. Every single other player is carrying their weight. I'd lean toward Modano (since Hudler has at least been trying, all over the ice) but we basically promised Modano he'd play to get him to come here, so I guess it'll be Hudler.

i remember last night in the 3rd (i think) and modano was going to the net, had a great scoring opportunity, the puck got lost off his stick so he couldnt get a good shot, and after he shot the puck, he just moseyed on back around the net and headed up to the blue line out of sight.... i was like "seriously? what the f***, dude?" he even stayed on the ice and didnt head off for a change.

edit: i should note that i am NOT a hockey player, nor have i ever been educated on what to do if you play a certain position, but i dont recall seeing players just completely give the f*** up like that.

Edited by nate94gt

We've been over this on these boards. Osgood hasn't had the chance to play consistently (even for backup-levels) in well over a year. Even this season, with the Wings taking such long breaks between games he's hardly seen any play. He clearly got better after the 3rd goal and I think starting him again is smart. It breaks up the routine and helps Ozzie avoid making things worse by dwelling on his bad play. Now he's got a chance to even the score and keep himself together mentally.

Has he had much of a chance to get a rhythm or form? No.. but that really is the case for a great number of backups.. Do you think Broduer, Luongo, Lundqvist, Miller, Vokoun, or Ward's backups are getting 20+ starts in? Unless there are injuries, inconsistency issues, or unless it's set up as a goaltending tandem (i.e. Ozzy/Hasek back in 08) backups often play a pretty limited number of games. I don't think Osgood played enough in the second half of the year last year, but that doesn't excuse him from not being ready to answer the call when he's needed.

Osgood is a very poor goalie in todays nhl, standing only 5'10 and has very poor goalie technique, it's not hard for even the average shooter to pick a corner on him, he will be the last one of his kind when he hangs em up, now it's the time for 6'3+ & 100% clear cut bytterfly goalies, no questions asked.

His size has nothing to do with his poor performance.

I think it should be Cleary. Hudler got us a goal last game and I think Modano as looked good out there. Cleary hasn't done s*** on the other hand.

What? Cleary has been the only guy worth a damn on that line. Neither Modano nor Hudler have played any semblance of defense or went hard after a puck the entire season. Babcock must think Cleary is doing just fine - he gets moved up to Hank and Pavel's line in tight games. There's a reason for that.

Modano is brutal. His effort is pathetic. He should be the one to sit and bring Abdelkader in to center the third line. Modano has been the worst forward on the team by far.

it better not be anyone off the 4th line...

my bet is that it will be Modano...it kinda pains me to say it but I think hes the odd man...

1 goal (in game one) pointless since...and a wopping -7 yikes..

No way its gonna be Modano. He will just retire, he needs to be paired up with some players who can play. I like him with Cleary, but Hudler needs to go. Put Abdelkader up with Modo and Cleary and sit Hudler...

This will undoubtedly drive some people up their personal walls, but tough s***. I am a firm believer in positive and negative vibes. Call it electrical, magnetic, ether-oriented, mental, physical, whatever. I believe our thoughts, whether positive or negative, have great influence on events in general, and on people specifically. And I believe the more people lean one way or another, the more influence there is on the given subject.

I know stating this will have no effect whatsoever on how anyone here thinks about Ozzie and or the team while they're playing. Most of you have decided where you stand, especially with him.

But I will be doing my damndest to think nothing but positive thoughts about him and his play whenever he is in net for the Detroit Red Wings. If for no other reason, maybe to balance out the bulls*** that's coming his way in waves. I figure why the hell not? What's to lose?

I believe this too. It applies to much more than just the team too. I'll be doing the same, as I always to when he's in net.

Ditto & Ditto!

Plus, this is a team sport. They win as a team and they lose as a team. It can't all rest on one person's shoulders.

Since I started the thread, I guess I should chime in.

I think that Miller will get benched. It's not fair really, but I think it solves a few issues.

Z-D-H

Filpulla and the two BFFs

Hudler - Abdlekader - Modano

Cleary - Helm - Eaves.

Cleary gets bumped to the forth line = wake up call, without being benched.

Modano maybe gets embarrassed that a hard working player like Miller sits over him.

Abdlekader brings fresh legs to the third line.

But what do I know really?

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say Hudler actually...

I can't remember who was arguing with me that Abs would not be back in unless there was an injury - As I said then, he would be in by Thur or Sat. mark my words... well, mark those words as correct.

And there it is... http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/red_wings_jiri_hudler_surprise.html

Hopefully Hudler is out. Dunno how much Abs is gonna contribute on the third line cause Mikey has been bad while Cleary's been so so. Being biased but I wanna see Abs play every night. Love his style of play and definitely brings some energy to the lineup. Unlike Huds for example. Third line obviously have performed under expectations so far. Yes I know it's early but expectations are always high for this team. Need some scoring from the bottom 2 lines eventually to take some load off the top 2 lines. Come on boyz!! Go Wings!

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)