• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#401 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

Capitals with 7 unanswered goals against the Flames in the second after being down 2-0 after the first :lol:

#402 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:56 PM

Capitals with 7 unanswered goals against the Flames in the second after being down 2-0 after the first :lol:

Nah. Only six. Sarich scored one.

#403 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:29 AM

I understand that, all I was saying is if Osgood stayed inside his crease, that play never would have happened and they might have no scored on that possession. Doesn't matter though, we still won. Osgood played good, I think the team felt comfortable with him in net tonight.

Then again... if Osgood stays in his net there's about 6' x 4' to shoot at :hehe:

#404 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

Dingers baby. Nice W. Get some. :siren:

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#405 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:26 AM

Kudos Osgood!

Nice win tonight.

#406 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:56 AM

Game recap now included in OP

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#407 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:00 AM

Thomas also has a 5 mil cap hit, care to share how we could shed 5 mil+ in cap space to accommodate him?

Trading Rafalski or hudler+cleary

#408 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

Trading Rafalski or hudler+cleary

Lol... I see the rational, clear thinking mindfly is pushed back deep inside. Hello other mindfly.

You do realize that we are 2 points short of first overall in the league with 4 games in hand on Chicago and two games in hand on everybody else.

Edited by Broken 16, 31 October 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#409 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

You know, I'm getting pretty tired of the decades between games this year.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#410 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hey, I got back from the game about an hour ago. The arena was about 1/3 empty! Ive never seen so many empty seats at The Joe. I checked the box score and the paid attendance was 18,177, but I wouldn't be surprised if 14,000 showed up. I didn't mind, the concessions lines were fast, it only took a couple minutes to get a hot dog and it was easy to move down to better seats.

Great bounce back game by Ozzie. Nice second goal by Datsyuk, only Dats could score that goal!

I should add, nice goal by Homer too. Classic Holmstrom! I had my Holmstrom jersey on and when he scored I was pointing to his name on the back of it, and stood up to point at it again when his name was announced over the PA. :lol: Fun times!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#411 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:54 AM

impressive win over a respectable team. very nice wings.

looks like every line can score except the 3rd lol

nice to see stu get a goal he deserved that and nice to see salei with 2 assist

kindl looks like he rebounded well with a +2

Ozzie playing like he needs to be. props to ozzie

scratch modano please, huds abs cleary thankssss

GO WINGS!

#412 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

To be fair, I went to the game last night, and I thought Modanno was actually pretty good. That guy can sure skate, and his back- checking was very good (he saved what would have been some scary scoring chances) so I think he needs to stay in the line-up. Some other notes are:

- Datsyuk was by far the best player on the ice; the guy put on a show and the crowd loved every second he was on the ice. After the refs gave Pavs that lame penalty in the 2nd, I noticed Pavs somehow lifted his game to another level from being ticked off.

- Lidstrom was very solid also; sure does not look 40 out there

- Ozzzy looked really good in net and loved hearing the chants; great to see.

- Homer was Homer which is what we need

- I love the 4th line; best in the nhl imo

- 2nd line was solid

- the first period was still kind of slow for the wings so they have to work on their starts still

- the refs were TERRIBLE

#413 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

To be fair, I went to the game last night, and I thought Modanno was actually pretty good. That guy can sure skate, and his back- checking was very good (he saved what would have been some scary scoring chances) so I think he needs to stay in the line-up. Some other notes are:

- Datsyuk was by far the best player on the ice; the guy put on a show and the crowd loved every second he was on the ice. After the refs gave Pavs that lame penalty in the 2nd, I noticed Pavs somehow lifted his game to another level from being ticked off.

- Lidstrom was very solid also; sure does not look 40 out there

- Ozzzy looked really good in net and loved hearing the chants; great to see.

- Homer was Homer which is what we need

- I love the 4th line; best in the nhl imo

- 2nd line was solid

- the first period was still kind of slow for the wings so they have to work on their starts still

- the refs were TERRIBLE

Dats is a beast, and I know what you are talking about after that cheap penalty called against him, you could tell it fired him up. The guy can take over a game. Osgood is a solid goaltender, his only problem through the last year was rust. Babcock playing Howard so much was Osgood's downfall. Glad to see him doing well. I would love to see Ozzie get 415+ wins this year.

I shiver at the thought of Lidstrom retiring, he is the backbone of this team. I wish with our technology that scientists would have found a way to stop aging or discovered a way to clone, the guy truly is a generational player. I think he wins Norris this year. Esp since Keith has been subpar and Doughty is concussed.

Predators are a very respectable team. I consider them the best team in the Central behind a healthy Red Wings team. Chicago isn't anything special after their firesale (and they had a pretty favorable schedule in terms of playing teams on their back-to-back night and non playoff teams)... and I think St. Louis will fall back down to earth soon.

Oh yeah, Kindl was much better after getting benched. Good wake-up call by Babs. Kindl has potential to being a solid top 4, maybe even a #2 someday if he continues to put his tools together. Lastly, I am sick and tired of Janik. I want Ericsson back NOW!

#414 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

Lastly, I am sick and tired of Janik. I want Ericsson back NOW!

:lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#415 markaswell

markaswell

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

You know, I'm getting pretty tired of the decades between games this year.

Seriously.....its getting ridiculous. After they play Calgary on Wed, it'll be what.......3 games in like 18 days? I went through such withdrawal over the summer, and was so relieved when the season started, but all this waiting is almost as bad! bah!

#416 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

To be fair, I went to the game last night, and I thought Modanno was actually pretty good. That guy can sure skate, and his back- checking was very good (he saved what would have been some scary scoring chances) so I think he needs to stay in the line-up.

Agree with this. Been to a few games this year so far, and Modano made several great defensive plays each time. He still has great wheels, and still hustles pretty hard on the back check. He may end up disappointing those who thought he'd rack up 20+ goals, but he'll give Babcock a lot of flexibility come playoff time when we need some shut-down experience in late-game situations.

#417 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

:lol:

esteef

I'm an Ericsson supporter. I think his puck moving and offense are missed right now. I'd like to see him get some games in before Rafi returns.

#418 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

I remember when everybody missed Ericsson last year...

Edited by scottj, 31 October 2010 - 01:15 PM.

#419 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

I'm an Ericsson supporter. I think his puck moving and offense are missed right now. I'd like to see him get some games in before Rafi returns.

Janik will get sent back to the AHL and Ericsson will sit once we are healthy.

#420 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

Janik will get sent back to the AHL and Ericsson will sit once we are healthy.

Janik will get sent back to GR after Ericsson is healthy, but I don't know that he will sit when (if) Wings are healthy. Kindl played good against the Preds, but was benched against 'yotes. Had the defense been healthy, Kindl would be in the press box right now.

But first the defense needs to get healthy and stay healthy.