• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Mattias Ritola scores first NHL goal

Rate this topic

Not sure if serious...

You either are and come across as an idiot, or you're trying to be funny but failed miserably.

Funny I took your comment about the Modano the same way.

Ritola > Modano

He might, but I'm not willing to say one way or another.

Edited by Carman

Funny I took your comment about the Modano the same way.

He might, but I'm not willing to say one way or another.

Yeah, cause I'm so pumped at having one useless season of Modano instead of a promising youngster in Ritola. As I said, smart.

Yeah, cause I'm so pumped at having one useless season of Modano instead of a promising youngster in Ritola. As I said, smart.

Modano hasn't been great, but he's still playing valuable minutes. He looked better tonight.

Ritola doesn't have a future on the Wings anyways, he couldn't win a spot over Miller.

Guest Crymson

Not sure if serious...

You either are and come across as an idiot, or you're trying to be funny but failed miserably.

Matthias scored two goals in his first game with the Panthers. He turned out to be a lemon. You're being absolutely hysterical. Calm down.

Guest Stolberg

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NEXT QUINCEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Crymson

THE NEXT QUINCEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quincey is, thus far in the season, absolutely reviled by Avalanche fans. They think he sucks, and they hate his new contract.

Guest Stolberg

in that case

THE NEXT VILLE LEINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm...not so sure about that. Modano had a much bigger upside than Ritola. Even Williams scored a goal once in a while, we just have to wait for Modano to get going.

Corrected that for ya, unless you meant 10 years ago.

Give me one game in a Wings uniform where he earned a spot on this team.

Just one will do.

The game where he got the assist was great for him, where he dangle the Blue Jacket's players to hit each other, then passed it and in it went. There's your one.

Name a play in which Modano fired the puck on net instead of pass it, other than his goal. All his shots, when he does, have been very weak.

Guest Heaten

It's not like everybody hates Ritola, there was just no room for him. If we could've kept him we would have. Good luck to him.

esteef

After the announcement of Wings signing Modano, my first thought wasn't cool, a super star to center the 3rd line, it was "my god, I hope we don't have to lose Ritola".... I was honestly looking forward to seeing this kid play this year even if it was the 10th forward until he bumped someone out of the lineup (which probably would have been sooner than later).

I could accept losing Miller, but I really didn't want to see Ritola being the odd man out. Before anyone jumps me for saying this, I've seen something in Ritola for a few years now. I think the kid would make a solid 3rd liner that can score 12-15 goals per year (but more of a play maker). he strong on the puck, can dangle and is tenacious like Filppula on take ways and checks. He's a genuine hard worker with great hockey sense, great puck skills, great skating and strong along the boards.

I never really cared much for Quicey or Leino. Ritola was actually the guy I have been more excited about over even Helm and Abby... just because I think this kid's upside is so much higher.

That said, I am happy to see Yzerman take him for his team than Ducks, Pens or Chicago getting him. I hope he does well for them and I hope to see threads pop up about the mistake Holland made waiving him instead of avoiding Modano or waiving Miller instead. Modano's contract doesn't look so good to me. I think that cap hit could have been better used in other places (injury call ups for example).

That said, I am not a GM... or a hockey coach. So I have no real qualifications to know what's best for this team. Bring the cup back home where it belongs so I feel better about all this. That's all.

Wow he scored a junk goal. Its not like he went end to end beating every man on the ice. It was more of Bryz letting in a weak goal than it was Ritola doing anything special. He had no future with the Wings. This is not a Ritola hate post. Its the nature of the business that is salary cap hockey. Its easy to play Monday morning quarterback on moves but how about ya wait until he does something more than be the recipient of a gift goal to overreact.