• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Mattias Ritola scores first NHL goal

Rate this topic

I to the above 3 posters... I just have a different opinion. I didn't slam Holland for this, I didn't say I hated Miller and I sure didn't say that keeping Ritola was the answer to all our problems. Whats wrong with wanting to see a home grown kid get a chance? Its like you can even have a different view on this board with out getting the gears for one thing or another. I just would have liked to see what he could have done and it would have had to come at someone's expense...that someone for me would have been Miller. Its my opinion, I'm not asking you to like it.

Aussie, you're really off your rocker on this issue. Just look at your post: "RITOLA NOW HAS ONE GOAL AND ONE ASSIST WITH THE LIGHTNING!!!!!!! HOLLAND, YOU'RE A MORON FOR PICKING MODANO OVER THIS GUY!!!!" Do you see anything wrong with that?

Ah, yes. Was Abdelkader meant to be a scorer? Nope. He was projected to be a grinder who would chip in some goals. This fits with his stats last year: he had 152 hits, good for 66th in the league, in only 50 games. Matthias was projected to be a legitimate scoring power forward. His scoring stats were hardly leagues above those of Abdelkader, and he racked up only 57 hits.

He was taken in the second round, actually later in the draft then Abdelkader, obviously not the same one. He was not supposed to be some big scorer, if that's what your maintaining?

My point is that many threw a fit when he scored his first two goals, too; that was three seasons ago, he hasn't shown any significant development since, and he'd sure as hell not have been playing on the Wings` roster in these last three seasons.

Abdelkader and Helm played on the Wings last year so I'd say Matthias would have been above them on the centers depth list. I'd say right behind Fil.

I maintain that your description of Matthias as a "6'3, blazing-fast power forward who is scoring goals for his team as we speak" is hyperbole.

How is it hyperbole? It's facts. Throw out the power forward bit if you like?

I sense some anger. What's wrong?

Having to state the obvious over and over get's old.

Sorry man but your posts just continue to fail. I can't even figure out what your trying to argue? You said Shawn Matthias is a lemon? Your just flat out wrong, he's a fine young player learning his way in this league. He's currently centering the 2nd line on his team. What you or anyone think he was supposed to be matters not. I'm not discussing that trade or the Ritola waiver, I'm saying the guy is NOT A LEMON

Edited by Pucks

Sorry man but your posts just continue to fail. I can't even figure out what your trying to argue? You said Shawn Matthias is a lemon? Your just flat out wrong, he's a fine young player learning his way in this league. He's currently centering the 2nd line on his team. What you or anyone think he was supposed to be matters not. I'm not discussing that trade or the Ritola waiver, I'm saying the guy is NOT A LEMON

He is a lemon.

Look at him play, and look at his stats. Nothing about him is "good".

He is a lemon.

Look at him play, and look at his stats. Nothing about him is "good".

More pearls of wisdom from Doc...lmao! How's that discussion going we had last year regarding the goalies? You were wrong then, like usual. You ran off to HFboards for a while to escape. Now your back, good luck.

Edited by Pucks

More pearls of wisdom from Doc...lmao! How's that discussion going we had last year regarding the goalies? You were wrong then, like usual. You ran off to HFboards for a while to escape. Now your back, good luck.

Is this a joke?

I haven't left at all. Your attention to me is cute, though.

Is this a joke?

I haven't left at all. Your attention to me is cute, though.

My attention to you? My only attention was to your moronic Osgood posts. You got so unraveled you had to leave. That was cute. I love when people get things wrong they never bother to come back and say, "Hey I was wrong or whatever", they just jump on the wrong side of the next debate...classic.

My attention to you? My only attention was to your moronic Osgood posts. You got so unraveled you had to leave. That was cute. I love when people get things wrong they never bother to come back and say, "Hey I was wrong or whatever", they just jump on the wrong side of the next debate...classic.

Can I ask where you get the idea I ran off?

You going to admit you were way off on the Osgood debate?

I asked you a question.

You made the claim I ran away to HF and suddenly now I'm back, despite being active here during the playoffs and offseason, not to mention the entirety of the regular season.

And I don't even remember what we were arguing about last season.

I asked you a question.

You made the claim I ran away to HF and suddenly now I'm back, despite being active here during the playoffs and offseason, not to mention the entirety of the regular season.

And I don't even remember what we were arguing about last season.

I only remember because of your avatar. You defended Osgood as being fine and regaining the starting position and blah, blah, etc. to ad nauseum levels. After it was obvious you were wrong on our debate you were no where to be found for quite a while, except over at HF where I also read. The poster here that has a white fat cat for his avatar will remember the arguments as well because he also participated. Sorry don't remember his user name. There was like 2 different topics that were massive amounts of posts.

Edited by Pucks

I only remember because of your avatar. You defended Osgood as being fine and regaining the starting position and blah, blah, etc. to ad nauseum levels.

I will guarantee you right now I never said that.

After it was obvious you were wrong on our debate you were no where to be found for quite a while, except over at HF where I also read. The poster here that has a white fat cat will for his avatar will remember the arguments as well because he also participated. Sorry don't remember his user name. There was like 2 different topics that were massive amounts of posts.

Well, I was here during the playoffs, offseason, and preseason, so you are full of s***.

Guest Crymson

He's nothing remarkable. That's a lemon. And the only reason he's currently centering the second line is because the team is short on skilled forwards. Utterly so!

Hey, it's "no U!" Ah, yes... it's the standard tool by which Internet kids can avoid addressing an argument.

I will guarantee you right now I never said that.

I guess I could look it up but I'd rather stick a pencil in my eye then bother with it. I knew you wouldn't man up anyway so no biggie.

Well, I was here during the playoffs, offseason, and preseason, so you are full of s***.

I guess it was just a coincidence then, It was not important to our current discussion anyway. Everyone Doc is on record agreeing with Crymson that Shawn Matthias is a lemon and not a good player. To me the guy looks like a 2nd or 3rd line center.

This s*** is so off topic now lol, quick everyone go back to talking trash about Ritola, now that he's gone.

He's nothing remarkable. That's a lemon. And the only reason he's currently centering the second line is because the team is short on skilled forwards. Utterly so!

Hey, it's "no U!" Ah, yes... it's the standard tool by which Internet kids can avoid addressing an argument.

Wow! please use google next time to translate your posts. Kid, Hmmm I'm much older than you obviously. Let me help you out here. Nothing special = average, Lemon = faulty....understand? like your car.

Edited by Pucks

It's the salary cap era, you are going to lose decent players, especially when the Wings are as deep as they are.

This right here. Ritola was looking at a very scaled back role in Detroit, whereas he has played at least a couple shifts with Stamkos on the PP in TB already. The point being he was too good to retain for next season if he was going to see limited playtime this season.

Name a play in which Modano fired the puck on net instead of pass it, other than his goal. All his shots, when he does, have been very weak.

A 'weak shot' is pretty subjective, and Modano gets played like a guy who has scored 500+ goals and has lots of tape to review. When shooting lanes close because you're a known threat, you pass or you get a weak shot. He's still a playmaker, maybe lost a step from being fastest on the ice, but faster than Larionov or Hull, I think, and he worked a lot harder skating in the pre-season games than many others this year - that's where I give the benefit of the doubt.

Ritola is definitely a loss in potential, but that potential wasn't necessarily breaking out in the pre-season. He is in a better position to show his stuff in TB now, because he wouldn't have had the same opportunities for risk/reward in Detroit this season.

Guest Crymson

Wow! please use google next time to translate your posts. Kid, Hmmm I'm much older than you obviously. Let me help you out here. Nothing special = average, Lemon = faulty....understand? like your car.

Aye. First I'm accused of using a thesaurus in order to deliberately write intelligent-sounding prose, and then I'm alleged to be a foreigner with a knowledge of English so insufficient that I'm forced to use Google Translator in order to convert my posts into that language. Interesting.

In how I'm using it, lemon = unremarkable.

Aye. First I'm accused of using a thesaurus in order to deliberately write intelligent-sounding prose, and then I'm alleged to be a foreigner with a knowledge of English so insufficient that I'm forced to use Google Translator in order to convert my posts into that language. Interesting.

In how I'm using it, lemon = unremarkable.

So you are using it wrong. There wouldn't be a lemon law for cars that are unremarkable. In fact, the opposite. Now you know.

Edited by Broken 16

This s*** is so off topic now lol, quick everyone go back to talking trash about Ritola, now that he's gone.

The sentiment here now that he is gone isn't much different than when he was here. He was an invisible depth forward who occasionally did something good.

Also in the future, if you are going to attack a poster's character, try to back it up next time.

For those people arguing the definition of the term "lemon" (really guys?): One that is unsatisfactory or defective

There, I googled it for you all.

Edited by Doc Holliday

The sentiment here now that he is gone isn't much different than when he was here. He was an invisible depth forward who occasionally did something good.

Also in the future, if you are going to attack a poster's character, try to back it up next time.

For those people arguing the definition of the term "lemon" (really guys?): One that is unsatisfactory or defective

There, I googled it for you all.

LOL you had to Google it. I'm glad to know this got so far off. When i think of Lemon, I think of crappy or Vodka.

Guest Crymson

After 11 games, Ritola still has that one goal and one assist. He has eight hits and four blocks, he averages about ten minutes per night on the ice, and he's a -5. He has averaged about two minutes per game on the power play, but he as of yet has nothing to show for it. He has no shorthanded TOI.

Nothing very special.

can_of_worms.jpg

That's what this thread was going to be immediately when the subject was not solely about giving kudos to Ritola.

Congrats Mattias! :clap:

In 4 games he has 1G, 1A.

Real smart decision to kick this guy out to sign Modano.

Congratulations for doing that. :thumbup:

Mike Modano signing has very little or nothing to do with Ritola not being for the Wings. This is largely about your personal hatred for Modano which is ridiculous, that is largely why you bought it up.

I wouldve liked to have kept Ritola here too, cool. But Modano is not to blame. How about Jiri Hudler preventing Ritola a roster spot huh? Drew Miller? How come you aren't playing the blame game with them?

Ritola had his chances for remaining a Red Wing didn't pass the test. That's not the fault of other players, that's not management's fault, that's Ritola's own doing. Management's job is not to cater to the needs of Ritola.

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to bring Modano up in this thread from the start.

-----

Congrats to Ritola for getting his first NHL goal and I hope he does well in the future. That SHOULD be the topic at hand.

Guest Heaten

So Ritola is doing about as good as Red Wings $2.9 million dollar Hudler and $1.7 million dollar Modano? Guess we have no buisiness throwing rocks at glass houses when we have our own "dead weights" that value almost $5 million dollars a year....