• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Mattias Ritola scores first NHL goal

Rate this topic

So Ritola is doing about as good as Red Wings $2.9 million dollar Hudler and $1.7 million dollar Modano? Guess we have no buisiness throwing rocks at glass houses when we have our own "dead weights" that value almost $5 million dollars a year....

So two points vs 5 and 6 points respectively (not counting the fact Hudler spent a year in the KHL and Modano spent his career in Dallas prior to this season) is "just about as good"?

Good to know.

So Ritola is doing about as good as Red Wings $2.9 million dollar Hudler and $1.7 million dollar Modano? Guess we have no buisiness throwing rocks at glass houses when we have our own "dead weights" that value almost $5 million dollars a year....

So, good job for Ritola so far.

Sure, bad job for Hudler and Modano for not doing as well so far.

They still have little or nothing to do with Ritola leaving, or people like you are trying to make more out of them having to do with Ritola leaving.

Again, Ritola's lack of show in the preseason was the result of him leaving.

Management's job is to field the best team possible out there, and Ritola didn't cut it. And spare me the bits that will eventually come from this that "WE SHOULD NEVER QUESTION MANAGEMENT!!!!!!"

And also spare that Ritola didn't get a fair shot because he was injured a bit. While unforuante, life isn't fair sometimes. If life was fair, he'd still be on the roster, I'd be a multi-millonaire retired at 30 years old and live in a 5-story mansion. Ain't happening though. Mgmt. can't delay the start of the season to wait for Ritola to heal up and get the same amount of games in and they have to make personnel decision to put the best product on the ice as possible.

A guy loses his job for watching too many movies on the Internet, he blames the peanut butter jelly sandwich he ate for not being crunchy enough the day he got fired. See how ridiculous that sounds? There's no correlation between the actions.

Just like there is little/no direct corrleation for solely blaming Modano, Hudler or any other player with Ritola leaving. You all wanted Ritola to remain here? Cool. Don't make inaccurate claims that blame other people for him not staying. That's the stupid part.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Guest Heaten

So two points vs 5 and 6 points respectively

Pretty sure Hudler and Modano played more games so far this season..... let me look it up.... Yup, sure enough, Ritola has played less games so far this season. Also lets take a look at their respective salaries. Combine almost $5 million for Hudler and Modano vs $500k for Ritola. Mhmmm, if that doesn't put things in perspective, then I don't know what to tell you.

(not counting the fact Hudler spent a year in the KHL and Modano spent his career in Dallas prior to this season)

Hudler spent 3 full seasons in the NHL, so you can't use the KHL thing as an excuse. The guy has a whopping 5 points and is a -5 while playing on the 2nd and 3rd line with better talent. Lame excuse my friend. Modano is washed up and should have retired.

is "just about as good"?

Yes, just about as good. Since when is 3 point differential such a big difference? But with the salaries perspective, that's like what a $887,000 dollar difference per point for Hudler? You can correct my math if you want, but you should get the point.

Good to know.

Glad to help. :thumbup:

Hudler and Modano have been on the up and up lately, while Mattias Ritola faithfully remains Mattias Ritola.

And while the two former players' early season struggles are worthy of criticism, when we step back and look at the big picture a few months from now I think it will be hugely obvious which set of players is more productive.

Pretty sure Hudler and Modano played more games so far this season..... let me look it up.... Yup, sure enough, Ritola has played less games so far this season. Also lets take a look at their respective salaries. Combine almost $5 million for Hudler and Modano vs $500k for Ritola. Mhmmm, if that doesn't put things in perspective, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hudler spent 3 full seasons in the NHL, so you can't use the KHL thing as an excuse. The guy has a whopping 5 points and is a -5 while playing on the 2nd and 3rd line with better talent. Lame excuse my friend. Modano is washed up and should have retired.

Yes, just about as good. Since when is 3 point differential such a big difference? But with the salaries perspective, that's like what a $887,000 dollar difference per point for Hudler? You can correct my math if you want, but you should get the point.

Glad to help. :thumbup:

Datsyuk costs an extra 442,852 dollar difference per point more than Ritola!

what a waste,we should trade him for Ritola to save cap space

Guest Heaten

Datsyuk costs an extra 442,852 dollar difference per point more than Ritola!

what a waste,we should trade him for Ritola to save cap space

Lol. Are you seriously trying to compare Datsyuk to Ritola? Only on LGW.com. /facepalm. What's next, a comparison of Lidstrom to Lebda? :ph34r:

Look, Hudler played multible more games with better talent (and gets more ice time) than Ritola and it's only a whopping 3 points differenceand same +/- statistics. Hudler get's paid $2.2 million more per year.

Like I said, nobody here should throw rocks at glass houses when we have our own "dead weight" to worry about. Not only do we have our "dead weight", but they are taking up almost $5 million in cap space to put about the same amount of numbers.

But you guys can keep on spinning this how ever you like, the facts remain the same.

can_of_worms.jpg

That's what this thread was going to be immediately when the subject was not solely about giving kudos to Ritola.

Congratulations for doing that. :thumbup:

Mike Modano signing has very little or nothing to do with Ritola not being for the Wings. This is largely about your personal hatred for Modano which is ridiculous, that is largely why you bought it up.

I wouldve liked to have kept Ritola here too, cool. But Modano is not to blame. How about Jiri Hudler preventing Ritola a roster spot huh? Drew Miller? How come you aren't playing the blame game with them?

Ritola had his chances for remaining a Red Wing didn't pass the test. That's not the fault of other players, that's not management's fault, that's Ritola's own doing. Management's job is not to cater to the needs of Ritola.

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to bring Modano up in this thread from the start.

-----

Congrats to Ritola for getting his first NHL goal and I hope he does well in the future. That SHOULD be the topic at hand.

My personal hatred for Modano? A bit over the top perhaps? :lol:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest Crymson

I'll give you credit for making one of the most amusing posts of the YTD. "Ritola now has 1G and 1A! GOSH! Holland is a MORON!"

Lol. Are you seriously trying to compare Datsyuk to Ritola? Only on LGW.com. /facepalm. What's next, a comparison of Lidstrom to Lebda? :ph34r:

Look, Hudler played multible more games with better talent (and gets more ice time) than Ritola and it's only a whopping 3 points differenceand same +/- statistics. Hudler get's paid $2.2 million more per year.

Like I said, nobody here should throw rocks at glass houses when we have our own "dead weight" to worry about. Not only do we have our "dead weight", but they are taking up almost $5 million in cap space to put about the same amount of numbers.

But you guys can keep on spinning this how ever you like, the facts remain the same.

learn what sarcasm is please

Not in the slightest.

It's either that or you disapproval for him being signed.

Because whenever his name is mentioned and you are a part of it, you're always pissed off pretty much.

EDIT: So I'll ask you again, and don't dodge the questions this time.

Why single out Modano for Ritola not being here? Why not Miller who essentially was competing for that final forward roster spot with Ritola? Why not Hudler who returned from a 1-year abscence? He took a roster spot then didn't he?

Why the beef with Modano in this situation, and not any of the other forwards?

If it's age/coming close to retirement? How about Draper? Why aren't you pissy at Holmstrom preventing a spot with Ritola?

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Darren Dreger is reporting that Mattias will have a disciplinary hearing for his hit on Matt Moulson.

The video can be seen HERE around the :17 second mark

You turd, i was literally about to creat a thread :P

BAD HIT: Ritola deserved the five-minute major penalty he received in the second period when he not only checked Matt Moulson from behind into the boards, he left his feet and hit Moulson with an elbow in the back of the head.

Ritola was not available for comment, and Boucher sounded as if supplemental discipline by the league was possible.

"If it's a hit that deserves suspension, you have to live with what you do," Boucher said. "I know him. He's not a cheap-shot guy at all. He's a skill guy. If it's a bad hit, it's a bad mistake."

ritola.jpg

Guest Crymson

Darren Dreger is reporting that Mattias will have a disciplinary hearing for his hit on Matt Moulson.

The video can be seen HERE around the :17 second mark

YIKES. That is an extraordinarily reckless hit.

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

titanium2, on 30 October 2010 - 10:41 PM, said:

Haha. This could be on his tombstone or something.

I'm actually a pretty cool and funny guy believe it or not.

i believe this means you're not.

Only the enforcer groupies and their lust for bodies that collide with each other. EXTREME!!!

Yeah because the guys on this site who like tough players like abdelkader would really love seeing the red wings getting embarrassed with some little skilled guy jumping into the backs of peoples heads...